Spirit World ((The gang From YYH))

Chapter 9: Wake up!

I woke up, and stared at the ceiling. I wasn't at home, but I knew that ceiling, better than I knew my own. I'm at Granny Kai's home still. I'd passed out. But, why had I passed out? No one's in the room, so they must all be talking.

The last thing I remember, is hearing a fist smash against someone's cheek. And Yoko screaming.

Yoko?

The man that had betrayed me and gotten me slaughtered? No. He'd tried to save me. He'd gotten my message just a second too late.

Blue. Blue hair. Eyes that no longer looked sad, but still held shadows of the pain and guilt of taking a life. Of torturing a living being's life away. His flesh was about the same, only more markings, a scar across his nose, and age. He looked a little older. Must have been the beard.

I can hear talking. I must have been moved to the room right next to the small meeting room. Talking, that's the wrong word for it. Screaming. Someone's screaming. Sounds like Yoko.

The door to the hall opens and the ice maiden from before walks into the room. She see's me awake, comes over and gets to her knees, pressing her hand against my forehead. I'm not sick. I'd been stressed by my former attacker just walking into a room.

"You don't have a fever. That's good." There's that voice again.

"I didn't faint because of a fever. Stress most likely." I sit up slowly to make sure the world doesn't start swimming around me. "Who brought me into this room?"

"Kuwabara. He's so sweet and kind! Don't you think?" I have a mental moment of disgust. That idiot actually put his hands on me. Then I realize she'd called him sweet. I give her a look that says she's crazy, because everyone at school pretty much thinks that Yusuke and Kuwabara are the dumbest boys and the thuggiest students at our school.

"Are you feeling better, Momo?" A deep, scratchy, feminine voice asks from behind me.

"Yes." I look back at my grandmother. Hiei and Yusuke of all people are behind her.

"How come you never told me you were an animal spirit?"

"I thought it was obvious to anyone that's ever known a demon or spirit animal."

"To think, my granddaughter, one of the most feared spirit animals in spirit world. How'd that work, anyways?" She asks me, as if I can explain the sheer uselessness of a human in one sentence.

"I took their food, sometimes I'd take a male for my own needs. I never saw how it was terrifying, though I suppose much of that can be scary."

"Chu killed you." Hiei whispers. Nearly inaudibly. I look at him for a second, then nod.

"But, what he really did was a mercy killing. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. I should go apologize."

I stand up, and begin walking into the small meeting room, only to be met by another blue haired male. This one wasn't human though, he's and imp. In his true form too. There's a blond with hair that's mostly standing straight up. There's also a little kid with brown hair and a small star under one of his eyes.

I stare for a second, then fall to my knees. "Grandmother, how many people of the spirit world are you training?"

"Just a few."

I sigh, when a memory slams itself through my head. It's Yoko's. A blue haired man telling him that he'd ripped my heart out. So, Yoko had started to get the hint before. He must have been trying to deny that it had been him.

I stand up slowly and walk to the sliding doors which are open. There's a fight going on outside. There's a tall, azure locked man and a silver haired fox covered in small cuts. My eyes have to be bugging out at the sight of Yoko's true form.

"Any more surprises I need a heads up on?" I ask to no one in particular before seating myself on the floor step.

"I can use my energy as a sword," speaks up a scratchy voice while at the same time, another voice utters, "I can shoot little spirit bullets from my finger, hand, and fist and stuff."

Of course, give the thugs of my Junior high dangerous spirit weapons. I look at Yoko for another second before I start daydreaming. It's been a long time since I've seen that wonderfully pale skin. Those wonders eyes, the hair, the ears and tail, the muscles. I let out a sigh and let out a fake cry that I always made at him.

The moment the noise registered with him, he turned from the fight, wagged his tail and basically tackled me onto my back.

"I can't believe that still works on you." I let my laughter fill the statement. The moment Yoko realized what he was doing, he jumped off of me and half way across the training grounds.

"Y...You tricked me!" Such a cute reply.

"How else was I going to get you to stop fighting?" I sat up first, then got up, walked over to the male that I'd overreacted too, and bowed a little to him. "Thank you for ending my suffering."

"Wake up, lass. I had no reason to hate ya, it was a job. I'm sure if I'd gotten to know ya, I'd have liked ya." Was his reply, but he placed a hand on the top of my head as if my apology wasn't needed at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't any of the characters except Momo, her father, her mother, Moritomo, and probably that adorable messenger that will probably never be seen again. Oh noooo! He was sooo cute to. XD