In Love With My Best Friend...To Bad He's Gay

Chapter Ten

"You don't remember anything, do you?" I asked her. I was shaking from all over, worrying she wouldn't remember who I was or who anyone was, even herself. She just smiled politely at me, confusion in her eyes. "Sorry. No. Am I supposed to or something?" She asked me. Her voice, it was like a child's voice. It sounded so soft and innocent. "Doctor!" I shouted. She looked startled by my sudden outburst but very soon a doctor came hurrying into the room. "I see she's awake." The doctor said. "No dip. Now why won't she remember anything?" I asked him, angrily. He sighed and gave me a stern look, one that a mother would give a kid when they do something wrong.

"Don't go getting all mad at me. Your friend hit her head, pretty hard I might say. So I'm guessing she'd have some kind of memory loss, but it's only temporary, I'm hoping." He tells me. Memory loss?! My eyes are wide as I stare into my best friend's eyes. "Mikaela. Please remember! You can't forget! Please!" I say. She just looks back at me with concerned eyes. "I'm sorry." She says. "She'll be able to leave in about an hour or so. I just have to do a few more checks and everything." The doctor says. I just nod and sit down, covering my face in my hands as tears start to roll down my face.

"Aw. Don't cry. I'm sorry I don't remember. It's just...I don't. Um, maybe you can help me? Who am I?" She asks me. I look up at her. "You. Are. Mikaela. An amazing and wonderful daughter and best friend." I tell her and she smiles widely. "Mikaela? I like that name." She says. "I call you Kayla or Mickey Mouse sometimes. Only me and your parents can really call you that." I remind her. She nods trying to take it all in. "Do I have brothers or sisters?" She asks me. "No, but you do have two great adoptive parents." I tell her. "I'm adopted?" She asks, surprised. I nodded my head. "Um, well, why? What happened to my parents?" She continues to ask. I look up. "We don't want to tell you so much at one time. We'll tell you more at home and over the next few days." Sean says walking into the room. I smiled at him. Mikaela looked over at him. "Who are you?" She asked curiously in a childish voice. "I'm your father, Mikaela. My name is Sean but you call me dad." He tells her. She smiles at him. "Hi, Dad. Where's mom?" She asks him. "Right here, Baby!" Her mom shouts, walking into the room and rushing over to take a good look at Mikaela. I laugh at the way her mother runs. "I'm Anna but like I said I'm your mother and you call me Mom." She tells her. Mikaela nods and looks around at all of us, taking this all in.

Right as I got into her parents car with her it finally hit me completely that she didn’t remember anything, me, her parents, her house, even herself! I’ve been so close to her for so long and she has no clue who I was. I turned my head and looked out the window as I cried once more. “Please remember me, Mikaela.” I whispered extremely quietly as the radio played so Sean and Anna couldn’t hear. I’m pretty sure Mikaela heard because she looked at me, sadness in her eyes and hugged me tightly. I smiled remembering our old times together, I missed those times. I hugged her back, never wanting to let go and I took in everything around me. As Mikaela pulled back, she smiled at me. “Sorry.” She mouthed and I nodded. It wasn’t her fault.

When we pulled up to her house I sighed. “Bye Mr and Mrs.Beckman. I hope you remember soon, Mikaela. Bye.” I said to them before getting out of the car and running over to my house and inside up to my bedroom. It was really warm in my room so I opened my window quickly and quietly. I could see Mikaela looking around her room when I looked next door. I pulled out my guitar and sat down on my chair. I strummed a few notes first and decided on what song to play. I finally figured out the perfect song and started playing the notes to it. When it was the right time, I started singing the lyrics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlDInVqv8cs Once the song ended I heard clapping. I looked over at the window and saw Mikaela. She smiled at me. “That was beautiful.” She told me. I smiled back at her. “So are you.” I replied. She blushed a deep, cute red and giggled. I loved to make her do that for some reason. I guess I just like Mikaela a lot, always have. The first day when I saw that boy messing with her, I had to do something about it. I felt some sort of connection between me and her, but she’ll never like me like that, we’re only friends and I’ve figured that out a long time ago that she’d never want me in that way. I sighed.“I have a question.” Mikaela mumbled. “What is it?” I asked, sitting in front of my window. She did the same. “Are we like dating or something or together?” She asked me. My eyes went wide. Maybe I can say yeah and just see what it’d be like to finally be with Mikaela. But that’d be taking advantage of her. She wouldn’t be happy if she got her memory back and everyone thought we were together. And then there’s Josh. I don’t know if I really even like Josh. He just liked me and I wanted to finally be in a relationship. So what am I going to do?

*Mikaela’s Point of View*
I sighed as I was brought to a car and put into the backseat. What happened to me? Why can’t I remember anything? I kept asking myself. I heard the boy next to me, Dimitri, he said his name was, whisper, “Please remember, Mikaela.” I looked over at him. He was crying. I hugged him tightly. There’s something about him that makes me feel so safe and comfortable. I don’t know what it is. I just can’t help but wonder who is he to me? A brother, boyfriend, what? I smiled at him. We pulled up to a house, I’m guessing it was mine because we parked and as Dimitri got out of the car, I started to think maybe he’s my brother, but then he ran across the yard and next door. Who is he to me? I asked myself again.

My mom brought me up to my bedroom and as I was looking around, I heard a guitar playing. It was a nice song so I opened my window and listened carefully, seeing it was a teenage boy’s room, it was probably Dimitri’s and he was probably listening to music or something. But then I soon realized it was him and he was singing a song I think I’ve heard before. He was amazing at singing and playing guitar. As soon as the song ended I clapped loudly, hoping to get his attention. He looked over at me. “That was beautiful.” I told him. He smiled and said, “You’re beautiful.” I felt my cheeks heat up. I giggled. Has he always been like this towards me? Maybe he’s my boyfriend, it sure seems like it “I have a question.” I told him. “What is it?” He asked me back. “Are we going out or something?” I asked him. I could tell he was thinking about it. It’s a yes or no answer, how hard do you have to think about it?
♠ ♠ ♠
comment/subscribe!!! :D