In Love With My Best Friend...To Bad He's Gay

Chapter Five

*Dimitri's Point of View*

I wrapped my arms tightly around Mikaela, like I always do when she cries. I don't know what I did but I felt horrible. What did I say? I only said that we were just playing around and I didn't like her like that. That couldn't have been why she started crying, could it? I don't like Mikaela like that but I just can't help but hold her and kiss her because well I love her. But as a sister. Well, I would never kiss my sister, if I had one. So, does that mean I like Mikaela? I'm not sure...I'm really confused right now. Ouch, my head hurts.

I looked at Mikaela and noticed she was smiling. That made me smile. She always does that to me. No matter how bad or horrible something is, she always makes it better. "I'm sorry, Kayla." I apologized to her. She smiled. "It's OK, Dimmie. It's just my time..." She said not finishing and calling me by my nickname that only she can use. My eyes got wide and my mouth fell open as I realized what she meant. "Oh." I said, hurrying up and saying my goodbyes to Nicole. "Um. See you...later...K-Kayla. I g-gotta um, g-g-go." I stuttered hurrying out before making her mad or cry again. I love how me and Mikaela are open with each other, but I really did not need to know that!

I laughed as I ran down the stairs. "See ya, Mr. and Mrs. Beckman!" I called to Mikaela's 'parents'. "Ugh! Bye, Mr.Hart." Mikaela's dad, Sean Beckman said back, angry I called him Mr.Beckman instead of Sean. I laughed and left the house. I hurried and pulled out my phone.

Two missed calls, one voice mail and three texts.
I opened the text from Mikaela first. Hey Dim. I'm on my way home so meet me at my house in five minutes, ok? I smiled knowing I was probably the first person to be texted and she knew once I got this, if I would've turned my phone on in the morning, I would've been at her house before she was even in her driveway. I opened the other messages, both from Josh. Hey baby. Call me when you get this. I wanna see you today. Love, Josh. The other said, Hey either your phone is off or you're ignoring me. What's up? I called once, it went to voice mail so CALL ME BACK! I laughed at the way Josh is so impatient.

If you haven't guessed yet, Josh is my boyfriend. No, Mikaela knows nothing about him. I don't want her to think I'm weird for being gay, or bi-sexual or whatever it is I am! I hurried and texted Josh back. Sorry. Mick's home. Was gonna hang with her but shes not in the mood today. Meet me at the park in five? See you soon? OK, Love you. I ran into my house and changed out of my old Paramore shirt and into a clean I Love Rock and Roll shirt. I quickly ran my fingers through my messy blond/brown hair and sighed. It will have to do.

So I'm guessing you wanna know when I became or found out I liked guys and how I met Josh. Well here it is;

"Bye Mikaela!" I called after her friend's car. She smiled from the back window and waved. Once the car was out of site, I started walking down the street. I saw a moving van across the street from my house. I saw some kid walking down the street on the opposite sidewalk. I hurried across the street and over to him. He had his hood up so I wasn't even sure if it was a he, I just guessed it was. "Hey. I'm Dimitri. You new here?" I asked him. He didn't answer. "I just noticed the moving truck..." I continued. Still no answer. "Um, hello?" I asked walking up beside him. He had in ear phones and was listening to an i-pod nano. He noticed me there and pulled out the ear phones. "Oh. Hey, sorry. Didn't hear you." He said smiling. "Guessed that. What are you listening to?" I asked him. "Green Day. Boulevard of Broken Dreams." He tells me. "One of my favorites." I say.

"You just moved in?" I asked him. He nodded his head. "I'm Josh, by the way." He says. I nod. "Dimitri." I say putting out my hand. He shakes it. "Nice to meet you, Dimitri." He says happily. "You wanna grab lunch? There's a great place only a block away." I tell him. "Yeah. Sure." He says. We walk to the diner.

"So. You straight?" He asks me. I smile. "Not sure. I've never dated before." I tell him. His eyes go wide, almost like they're gonna pop out of his head. I chuckle. "Never?" He asks, screaming in surprise. "Never" I say shaking my head. "Wow. So would you ever date a guy?" He asks me. I shrug. "I dunno..." I say not finishing my sentence. He doesn't say anything. Que the awkward silence... Josh and I have been at the diner for about half an hour now. We've been talking almost non stop. I found out his mom and dad just recently divorced and now he's living with his dad. I told him about my parents and he nodded. "Guess you know how it feels." He says. I nodded this time. "Yeah. It's hard at first, but it gets better." I tell him. He sighs. "I hope so." He said.

"Do you, um, think you'd, um, wanna...try...going, um, o-out? Like on a, um, d-date?" He asks me. I almost choke on my drink. Wow. "So are you gay?" I ask him. He sighs. "Bi-sexual." He tells me. I just ponder the thought of dating a guy. It's not ever day I get asked out by a boy. Especially not one I think is well...completely hot. He had black hair that was parted to the side, covering his eye. He had beautiful blue eyes and a lip piercing. He was one of those either emo or scene boys and let me tell you, I found them type of boys completely stunning. I smiled. "I could give it a try." I told him. He smiled back. "Good. Right now I guess you'd be considered bi-curious but I'm helping you with that I guess. I'm just that nice." He tells me and I chuckle. I wonder how Mikaela's gonna take this...?

Of course I told him all about Mikaela. He understands that I hang out with her a lot and I told him I'd introduce them but I don't want her to know about us dating. I've been hanging out with him all week she's been gone. One day, when we were in a restaurant, Mr. and Mrs.Beckman came in. They smiled and came over. "Dimitri! It's so strange not having you over our house everyday." Mrs.Beckman said. I smiled. "I'm surprised you haven't been over everyday waiting for Mikaela to come back." Mr.Beckman states. God! Don't they know I have other friends? I just laugh. "This is Mr. and Mrs.Beckman, Mikaela's parents. They live next door to me." I tell Josh. He smiles politely at them. "Mr. and Mrs.Beckman this is Josh. He just moved in across the street with his father." I tell them. They smile at him. "Nice to meet you, Josh." Mrs.Beckman says to him. "Likewise." He says. "Well see you Sunday Dimitri?" Mr.Beckman asks me. I nod. "Wouldn't miss it for the world." I tell them. They chuckle and go to their table. I sigh and Josh looks at me. "What's going on Sunday?" He asks. "Mikaela's at camp," I tell him. "She's coming home Sunday." I finish he nods his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think? How was it in Dimitri's point of view? What do you think of his boyfriend?! :D Comment and subscribe please!