Status: Complete.

Translucent

End

A very hyper, very happy Kiley waked me up the next morning. She screamed, jumped around, and ordered us all to get up this very second so she can open her presents that Santa had brought her.

Lucian growled, his arms tightening around my waist. I laugh and kissed his cheek, telling him that as soon as we finished we could go right back to sleep.

Lazily, the two of us along with Eric and Cheri got out of bed and threw on some clothes. Lucian’s fingers were intertwined with my own, sending jolts of what felt like bolts of electricity up my arm and into my heart where it tingled.

“Christmas is here Davie!” Kiley squealed, her arms wrapping around me and squeezing. She stopped though and looked at Lucian’s and mine hands. When she saw it she grinned like a maniac. “Look like Santa already gave you your present.”

I blushed and it only got darker when I heard Lucian chuckle and felt him kiss the back of my head as if to say yeah, looks like it.

Eric and Cheri hopped onto the couch and watched Kiley grab presents, passing them to each and every person. When one was handed to me and I went to give it to Lucian, he looked at me before saying, “That one is yours.”

I froze. “For me?”

“Of course hunny,” Cheri laughed as if it was obvious. “It’s Christmas, you honestly think we’d forget about you.”

I sat on Lucian’s laps, my eyes staring at the sparkling wrapping paper hugging the box. I felt the tears prick at my eyes before they slowly started to fall…

It took me all this time to realize…

I didn’t need my parents for Christmas, because these people right here.

Lucian, Kiley, Cheri, and Eric…they were my family. They watched after me and cared for me. Even if we’re not related by blood, this is my family and this, right here, sitting in Lucian’s arms with them sitting all around me, ripping open presents while smiling, laughing, and having a good time, this was where I belonged.

~

“I don’t wanna go to school!” I whined from the passenger side of Lucian’s car.

Said boy was chuckling beside me while his sister laughed loudly in the back seat.

“Stop whining,” Lucian says, his hand coming over to place itself on my hand, squeezing it in his own. “You’ll be fine.”

“No we won’t!” Kiley objected, kicking her feet wildly in the back. “The teachers are zombies I tell you! They want to eat our brains for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.”

“Well then you should be fine, because anyone who wants to eat anything from you is psychotic.”

I laughed aloud while Kiley screamed; oh sibling rivalry is such a sweet thing.

When we got to school I frowned. We had such a long weekend and I wish it could have lasted longer, because those two weeks up at the cabins were probably the best weeks of my life.

“I’ll see you later,” I say, my arms unwrapping themselves from Lucian.

I would have moved to go to class, but Lucian pulled me back into his chest. My cheeks were the darkest of reds whenever he placed his lips against my own. People were staring, but there was no way in hell I was pulling away until my lungs screamed for air.

Whenever that happen we both pulled apart. Lucian smiled softly at me and I couldn’t help but do it back.

“I love you,” he whispered.

Sometimes I wonder how I got some one so amazing, but then I realize I don’t need to think about it, because all that matters is that I have him.

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END!
Yes it's the end, because I didn't want a lot of drama in this story
I thought it'd ruin it
So yeah...no sequel it's over :D

Comment?