Status: New and active :) For Charlie

Escaping Our Fate

When I Think Of You I Don't Feel So Alone

“Okay, so explain that again? I’m still confused…” Craig asked again, tucking his legs under him.
I sighed loudly and covered my face with my hands in frustration. “For the second time, Craig, my name is Charlotte Destiny Levine. When I was 14 I met Monte,“ I glanced over at Monte. He was staring at me like he wanted to say something. “on a family vacation where his family was also vacationing. You know the story, girl meets boy, girl falls in love with boy, girl and boy go to their respective homes when the summer ends. I saw him earlier this week when you guys were at the fair and he evidently remembered me after I left.”
”And she is the girl that he kept trying to find using myspace.” Max added.
I gave him a weak smile and continued on with my story, “My boss gave me this assignment and ta-da here I am!” I waved my arms out around me, signifying I was indeed here.

After the initial freak out because it was me everyone wanted to know what the hell was going on, so I had to sit down and explain it to them all. Monte had stayed silent the entire time, only speaking up when one of the guys asked him a question.
“Can we talk Charlie?” Monte spoke up, interrupting the parade of questions being shot at me.
I bit my lip lightly, a nervous habit, and nodded to him, “Sure.”
He stood up and grabbed my hand, pulling me behind him into the kitchen area. I heard shuffling and knew the other guys were moving so they could hear and spy on us, but I didn’t care. All I cared about was the fact that even after all these years the feel of Monte’s hand on mine still gave me butterflies. He leaned against the wall, not letting go of my hand. Instead he intertwined out fingers. “Still a perfect fit,” he said quietly, rubbing his thumb along the back of my hand.

My breath caught in my throat and I remembered the first time he said that too me.


Monte and I were walking along the beach talking while our little sisters built a sand castle.
“So, do you have a boyfriend back home?” Monte asked bashfully, his tanned cheeks tinged with a light pink color.
I blushed a little, “No. What about you?”
”No, I don’t have a boyfriend.” He smiled.
I laughed and smacked his arm playfully, “Shut up! You know what I meant.”
He rubbed his arm, acting like it hurt but I knew it didn’t. “I don’t have a girlfriend.”
I smiled happily at that.
”Do you have a girlfriend?” Monte asked with a joking tone.
I rolled my eyes at him, “Would I be walking with you if I was into girls?”
Monte shrugged, “Had to ask. You just seemed too perfect to be true.”
My face turned a bright shade of pink that got even brighter when I felt his fingers touch my own. He laced our fingers together and started a parade of nerves in my stomach. He smiled again when he lifted our joined hands again, “The spaces between my fingers are right where yours fit perfectly.” He paused. “I guess that means we are meant to be.”


I cleared my throat and looked away from our hands. “You wanted to talk?”
Monte looked up too, this time straight into my eyes. “Why didn’t you say anything, Charlie?”
“What do you mean?”
“At the fair. Why didn’t you say it was you?”
I shrugged, “You said you would remember. I figured since you forgot that it meant it wasn’t important to you.”
Monte looked at me like I just smacked him across the face, “Charlie! That’s not true!” He sighed, “There’s something I should tell you though…”
“What?”
“Well, I-“
CRASH
“FUCK! MAX YOU RETARD!” Craig yelled as they fell into the kitchen. Max was on top of Craig, who was trying to push him off. Robert gave a sheepish wave from the doorway.
“Hey! It’s not my fault Robert’s hair tickled me and made me fall!” Max defended himself.
“That’s what you get for being nosey!” I withdrew my hand from Monte’s. I guess I’ll have to wait to find out what he wanted to tell me. I went over to the Max and Craig pretzel and tried to help untangle them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I forgot to say this in the last update cause I was pretty P O'd...
But the italics at the end of all the chapters is supposed to be like Charlie looking back and making a comment. Basically everything being said at the very end in italics is from a year in the future.