Welcome To My World, Stranger

Zaccheus

Surprisingly, Rhiannon also became nicer than usual and began to request unenthusiastically that I call her Mother; even though every time I move my mouth as if to say the word Mother, she flinches.
Psh, like I’d call her Mother, anyway…

Rhiannon began to try to make meals, but her attempts failed endlessly; so, she went to the supermarket to buy those instant meals in the packages.
She also began to try to clean up the house, but she only managed to pick up some cushions off of the lounge room floor.
She also tried to make me lunches for school, but ended up just buying me McDonalds most days.

Personally, I found the Happy Meals OK; I don’t know why the other kids laughed at me.
They were probably just jealous because they didn’t get a toy.
Ha ha.

Even though Jack and Rhiannon were being nice and all, I still didn’t trust them;
I still avoided them as much as I could, but they didn’t seem to mind.

Rhiannon and Jack began to make all of my meals; they didn’t let me do anything. I became suspicious at first, but began to get used to it. I mean, if they want to slave away in the kitchen, then let them.

I swear, now I forget what it’s like to be hungry.

It’s now been about a week since my parents have changed and I’ve been extremely… weirded out.
I seriously can’t think of anything to say apart from I’m absolutely dumbfounded; it can’t possibly last. I bet you a gazillion bucks that it just won’t last.

School’s been the same, though.
With my cubicle-cubby house and the Wicked Witch of the School.
Arden got suspended on Wednesday, though which was OK; I was pretty happy with myself for framing him.
I have to say, I’ve become quite cunning these past few years.

Anyway, today is Friday, and I’m looking forward to the last day of Arden’s suspension.
Or, as I would call it:

An Arden Free Day

I hum happily to myself as I skate down my usual route to school on one of Jack’s old skateboards.
I skate down High Street, cross Madeline Boulevard and turn down an alley way in Polders Court.

Now, a lot of things can happen once you turn a corner; I, for one usually get bad luck when I turn corners. I hit a tree, I run something over, I smack into someone, I trip over an unseen object, and the list goes on.

But because I’m in a happy mood, I turn the corner, fast.

…And come face to face with two people;
who I crash into.
Oh how fortunate.

I tumble off my board, whack my head on the footpath and land on something rather squishy.
I close my eyes and groan in humiliation and agony; as does the footpath.
Actually, the footpath screamed in pain.

How strange.

I roll off the big, squishy pile of something and lie face-down on the grass, my head throbbing madly.
A few seconds later, someone saunters over to where I am laying, flips me over and peers down into my face.
I blink a few times to try to get his face into focus.
“Excuse me,” He says, examining me over his sunnies, “You just squashed my little sister.”