Thunder, Oh Summer.

o1). La La

The sun beating down on the cement. The happy screams of teenagers and parents alike. Joining in the celebration of music. Sweaty bodies moving through heavy crowds, desperate for air. A pumping bass line sending shivers down your spine.

This was Warped Tour. And I loved it.

"Gabe!" I yelled loudly, hopping off purple, white and gold tour bus that had 'Cobra Starship' brutally written on the side with electric tape.

"Yeah?" he asked, rounding the corner of the bus, eating a piece of a candy bar. I rolled my eyes at his lazy attitude, as much as I loved him.

"Help me!" I whined. I was pushing the white, locked box full of Nate's drums. Gabe eyed the box and shook his head, giving me a wink and running away.

"Stupid.." I muttered as I pushed the box off the grass and onto the gravel. I stood up straighter to find the Hurley.Com stage. With no luck I swore under my breath and sat down the box. Someone coughed awkwardly beside me. I turned my head to see a tall boy with hazel green eyes looking down at me. I arched my eyebrow.

"Yes?" I asked impatiently, wondering why this boy seemed so interested in looking at me.

"Your box is on my foot." he explained in a strained voice. Things clicked in my brain and I jumped off the box in a panic. Quickly I pushed the box off his foot. Relief washed over his face.

"Sorry." I mumbled, almost incoherently.

"It's alright." he shrugged. I had expected him to leave, but he didn't. I nodded my head awkwardly.

"Look, do you need something?" I asked.

"Not really. But I think you do. A little lost?" he asked, smirking.

"No." I replied too quickly, calling my bluff. His smirk grew.

"Shit." I muttered under my breath, he laughed a musical laugh. I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Okay. I'm looking for the Hurley.Com stage." I finally explained. He nodded and pointed to a stage that clearly read "Hurley.Com" on the front. I cursed in my head.

"Well, thanks." I said, pushing the box again.

"Wait!" he called after I was nearly five feet ahead of him. He ran up to me.

"Don't I get a name?" he asked.

"No." I replied. His face dropped. I sighed.

"Heroine, it's Heroine." I introduced. A weird expression grew over his face, like he really had to laugh.

"Like the drug?" he finally asked. I rolled my eyes.

"No. Not like the drug."

"Oh. Like the Boys Like Girl song?" he tried again.

"I'm pretty sure I was born before their self titled album." I snorted.. He grinned.

"Well, I'm John." he said, thrusting his hand to me. I shook it.

"Well, I must be off. Goodbye John." I saluted before shoving the box. He let out another musical laugh. I muttered under my breath, annoyed at him, and continued on my way.

--

"Alexxxx!" I sang happily, throwing my arms over his shoulders. Next to Gabe, I was the closest to Alex.

"Hey Hero." he greeted.

"Have you met anyone yet?" he asked. I shrugged, not really wanting to tell him the incident with John. Gabe bounded across the grass to where Cobra's bus was, and Alex and I.

"Aloha, laides." he announced. Alex frowned.

"You didn't help me today, asshole." I pouted. Gabe grinned.

"Because, I got you.. This!" he yelled, pulling out a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Chips. I squealed excitedly. I didn't like Reese's Cups, I like the cooking chips. Odd, I know.

"Okay, You're forgiven." I sighed, he smiled cheekily.

"Gabe, Alex!" Nate called, hopping out of the bus, he's expression frantic.

"We play in like.. Fifteen minutes!" he exclaimed. Alex and Gabe exchanged looks before bolting for the Hurley.Com stage. I chuckled and began walking through Warped.

The California sun beat down on my face, causing my Irish skin to burn. I grimaced, regretting putting on sun screen this morning.

"Heroine!" I heard someone screech. I turned my head to see Jack Barakat of All Time Low running to me. He tackled me into a hug.

"Heeeeerrrrrooo!" he drew out my name. I laughed and hugged him back.

"Jacko!" I cooed, kissing his cheek. He let out an 'awee!'. I met Jack on the last Warped and then saw him while they had a stop in New York a few weeks ago.

"Where's Gaskank?" I asked curiously, looking for the singer. He rolled his eyes playfully.

"What? I'm not good enough for you?" he pouted. I giggled.

"You always come first, Jackie."

He vibrated with laughter.

"Oh sure. You're cheating on me?!" Someone exclaimed, I turned to see Alex Gaskarth, a face of fake hurt on his features, standing next to him was John and some other boy I didn't know. John looked quite amused.

"She's not cheating, she loves me more." Jack defended, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Whoa there Jack, you're sounding kinda creeper." the boy next to John chuckled.

"Whens Cobra playing?" Alex asked, making conversation.

"Right now, actually. I don't have to switch strings for another ten." I explained. He nodded.

"Were you able to get the shit to the stage?" John asked. I frowned. Then Alex interjected, "You know our little Heroine?"

"Heroine did the kind thing of running over my foot with a drum box." he smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"Heroine! You meanie!" Alex pointed. I crossed my arms over my chest. John winked at me, I let out a disgusted snort. So he's one of those cocky, musicians. Well, actually a lot of them were.. Jack, Alex, Gabe.. But none of them wanted in my pants.

"Where is Dawson?" I asked, quickly changing the subject.

"Talking with Kara." Jack replied. Kara was Rian's long time girlfriend, he had already picked out a ring for her but he hasn't asked the question.

"Shit, I gotta go to Cobra's set. I'll catch you all later." I waved, they all nodded and said goobyes.

I was known on Warped as one of the fastest techs. I could change a full set of bass strings and tune them within eight and a half minutes. I'm just that good. I Alex's bass back to him, he caught it with ease.

"Damn." I muttered, realizing I dropped a guitar string. It landed nearly in the center of the stage. Gabe was chattering about the weather and cookies. I tried to mouth to Vicky to get it for me but she only looked confused.

I sucked in a deep breath and straightened out my attire of a white tank-top and pinstripe shorts. I crawled behind Nate's drums, he laughed at me and I shushed him with my hand.

I reached for the E string.

"Whoa! Heroine! Get on all fours much?" Gabe asked into the mic. As much as I loved him, I hated him at this moment. The cloud erupted in laughter. I snatched the string and stood up. I saw John, standing on the side of the stage, that smirk on his stupid face.

I grumbled under my breath and went off the stage, fixing Ryland's guitar.

--

The rest of the bonfire kick off party, all the bands made fun of me for being on all fours. I sat down on a lawn chair, Reese's Chips in hand. I tossed a handful into my mouth.

"Is it true? You're on all fours a lot?" a voice said behind me, causing me to jump and choke on the chips. He rounded the corner. I saw that it was John. The corners of my mouth turned down.

I noticed he was badly sunburned, his bare shoulders were radiating pink.

"I'm not saying that's a bad - " he began but I smacked his sunburned shoulder, he let out a yelp of pain. I smiled in satisfaction and leaned back into my chair. He rubbed his shoulder.

"That hurt." he mumbled.

"It was supposed to." I said. Surprisingly, he wasn't drunk.. Like most of the people were. Gabe was stumbling around, talking about his dog. Vicky was asleep and sober. Jack and Alex were doing a jig.

"So.." he asked, leaning forward in his chair. I arched my eyebrow.

"Are you any good in bed?"

I let out a loud scoff and stood up, utterly disgusted. He stood up as well, still smirking. How I'd like to wipe that smirk off his face. I turned on my heel and walked away before I could do anything rash.

Oh what things this summer tour would bring.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter.
Comments would be LOVVVVEEED. :D