My Lovely Angel

Chapter Seven

“Joe,” Angel whispered softly, running her finger down his light brown, chiseled chest. He looked up at the ceiling, his hands behind his head and a smile on his face. He looked at her and she paused a moment to bite her lip before leaning down to his ear. “I want you to meet my parents.”

Joe sighed, his chest moving up and down in one sharp movement before he looked up again.

“You don’t wanna,” she said, taking her finger away from his bare chest.

“No, no, no,” Joseph said, turning to look at her again, panic in his eyes as he realized that he made the wrong choice. “I want to, but it’s just…are you sure? I mean, we’ve been together for two weeks.”

She shrugged and put her hand against the smooth skin of his cheek. “I want them to know who you are.”

“Well then, if it will make you happy, I will meet your step-parents and they will love me.”

“That’s what I was aiming for,” Angel smiled, leaning in to kiss him.

Brenda Long was intrigued with Jacob Black even more than she had been. He was strong, and tall, and even more handsome with short, buzz-cut hair.

“Jake,” she smiled, standing next to him in homeroom. She was wearing a knee-length white dress that tied at her neck and a long black beaded necklace that scooped under her bust.

“Bren,” he said, looking up at her with a some-what forced smile.

“Hey, so I was wondering if you could come over my house after school today.” Jacob looked at her, his eyes apologetic as he was about to reject her. She laughed and put her hands up quickly before he could respond. “My car’s kind of fucked up, so I was gunna ask if I could pay you to look at it—fix it—whatever?”

Jacob’s smile wasn’t forced now as he thought about fixing her car. Ever since the RABBIT had been finished, he didn’t have much to fix up. “Sure,” he nodded and stood up at the bell rung. “I’m guessing you need a ride?” he laughed.

She smiled and picked up her shoulder bag, following Jacob out to his small, red car.

Jacob and Angel lived so close, that Angel could lie awake at night—silent and still—and hear Jacob mumbling to himself. Their houses were separated by a thin patch of woods, and their backyard was woods that led to the beach.

It was all very convenient, so Jacob could listen—not stalk—to what Joe and Angel were doing. Seeing as Jacob had become obsessed with the idea of Angel being his.

The only thing was, he didn’t like the fact that he had, undoubtedly, imprinted on his enemy. She was everything Jacob hated in a girl. She was the exact opposite of Bella, and Bella was the only girl Jacob wanted.

But Angel was the only girl Jacob needed.

And Angel was a hard girl to convince.

Which was why Jacob lied in bed, his hands folded on his bare abs, listening to Angel introduce Joseph to Carroll and Marcus. He wished that he was the one holding Angel’s pale, cold hand as she told her adoptive parents about their relationship.

“Joseph.” Carroll smiled and held her old, frail hand out for Joe to shake. “It’s so nice to meet you darling.”

“It’s nice meeting you too,” Joe said, smiling happily at the fact that his girlfriend’s parents like him. It would make their whole relationship easier, knowing he didn’t have to be extra careful around them.

“Will you be staying for dinner?”

Angel looked up at Joe, silently telling him that he was doing well, so maybe he should stop while he’s ahead.

“I don’t think so, Mr. Romney. I told my mom I would be home for dinner. My brother’s coming home from college today,” he said, putting an arm around Angel’s shoulder and lying with ease.

“Oh, well have fun dear. Stop by more often,” Carroll smiled as the two walked out of the house into the chilly night air.

“My parents love you,” Angel smiled as they walked hand-in-hand to Joe’s house a few minutes away.

“I was so nervous. I thought I was going to make an ass of myself,” he laughed, pulling her closer so she could be warmer.

Throwing her head back and bellowing out a laugh, she stopped in front of his house. “Have a good night,” she whispered, kissing his lips lightly.

“I feel bad making you walk home by yourself,” Joe said, looking around in the dark.

“I’ll be fine,” she nodded, letting go of his hand. They exchanged their goodbyes before Angel turned around and walked back towards her house. It was dark on the street, with only lights from the occasional house to brighten the way.

She passed familiar houses, and she sighed in relief when she hit her block. Angel, much to her embarrassment, was deathly afraid of the dark and it wasn’t helping her moos with the mist falling down around her, clinging to Angel’s skin and chilling her even more. She counted her breathing, listening attentively to the sounds around her.

A sharp snap sound was heard in the woods next to her, making her jump and scurry to the other side of the road. A pathetic whimper made her stop and turn to look at the woods again.

“Hello?” she asked, walking slowly towards the woods again. “Is everything okay?”

A moment later and low whimper sounded again and a dark red bear-like-wolf limped out of the trees hesitantly.

“Holy shit,” Angel said, staring up at the monstrous animal. “Oh fuck, oh shit,” she repeated, looking around the dark street. She was petrified; she had heard of these beasts, and how they were killing people.

The wolf whimpered again and took a step back, sensing her alarm.

“Oh God,” Angel said, seeing black spots form in front of her eyes. Her breathing became raged and—although she knew she couldn’t help it—scolded her body for feeling faint. How bad would it be if she passes out in front of the murdering animal?

The beast howled as it turned around, trotting slowly back into the woods.

Moments later Angel fell to the ground, out cold.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brenda Song is an actress. I totally fucked that up, sorry :(

The character is Brenda LONG.

(Thank you enterprise.)