My Lovely Angel

Chapter Eight

Angel woke up in an unfamiliar room from sunlight shining through the window. She looked around, confused and disoriented, and heard hushed whispers coming from the room behind her.

“Uh…hello?” she called nervously, her voice shaking slightly. The talking stopped and chairs screeched as someone ran into the room that Angel laid. The woman that rushed to her side was dark-skinned, like everyone that lived on the reservation, and had three dark scars running down the left side of her body.

“Are you okay?” the mystery woman asked, planting a new wet cloth on Angel’s forehead.

“Uh…yeah; I guess. Where…where am I?”

“Oh, I’m sorry!” the woman apologized instantly, “I’m Emily and you’re in my house. My fiancée, Sam, found you outside and didn’t know where you lived, but he wasn’t going to leave a lady outside at night, so he brought you back here.”

Angel nodded, not fully understanding what she was saying because her head was pounding painfully.

“Well, thanks…,” she said, her voice husky and weak. “I appreciate it, really. But I think I’m ready to go home.” She got up, holding the arm of the couch as she stumbled, almost falling on a kneeling Emily.

“I don’t think so,” a rough voice said, catching Angel’s arm before she fell. “Maybe you should sit down. I’ll call your parents…?” A buff man that Angel realized must be Sam.

Angel nodded and gave him her parents’ home phone number and Sam gently helped Emily out of her crouched position.

Angel lay back down and closed her eyes as the room started to spin.

“I told them where you were,” the same gruff voice said from the doorway. Angel peeked her eyes open and nodded slowly.

“When did you find me?” she asked.

Sam raised his eyebrow and ran a hand over his shaved hair. “Uh…sometime after three a.m.?” he said, taking an estimation as to when he was patrolling with Paul.

“What were you doing out so early?” Angel asked, surprised.

Sam sighed and looked down before looking at Angel again. “They’ll be here in a few minutes.”

They didn’t come a few minutes later. Angel was lying on the couch for half-an-hour before Emily helped her to the kitchen to feed her.

“Are you hungry dear?”

Angel didn’t have control of her stomach when it roared a few minutes later after she denied it.

Emily laughed and laid a plate of food in front of Angel. “Thanks,” she muttered, digging into her food as she tried not to stuff her mouth.

“Sam!” Suddenly, the front door opened and three boys ran in. They stopped when they saw Angel sitting down at the table and staring wide-eyed at them.

“Uh…hi?” Embry said, confused as to why his best friend’s imprint was sitting in his alpha’s kitchen.

“Hi,” Angel said, instantly holding the arm that Embry had bruised almost two weeks ago. “Uh, maybe I should call my parents again…?” she asked, rising from her seat.

“Oh, no need.” Her head snapped to the doorway and saw Jacob smiling at her. “I was just on my way home; I could give you a ride.”

Angel sputtered for a second before closing her mouth and nodding.

“Thanks Emily,” she smiled to the woman who smiled back. She walked out of the house with Jacob following behind her.

They sat in the car, Jacob going at a slightly slower pace than usual to spend more time with Angel. It was weird for Jacob, to actually obey the speed limits for the first time in his life. He didn’t even do that for Bella, let alone Brenda, and now he was trying to slow down as much as he could, just so he could hear Angel’s breaths, or her heart beating irregularly.

“Why are you nice to me all of a sudden?” she asked, looking at him as he tried—and failed—to keep his eyes focused on the road.

“Uh, because I feel bad about being mean to you,” he said, lying about why he liked her, but he did feel bad about all those years he was rude to.

“I’m sure,” Angel mumbled, crossing her arms. She looked over at Jacob who was still looking at her and her eyes widened. “Look at the freakin’ road, dude! God, I know you hate me, but you don’t need to try to kill me, too!”

“I wasn’t trying to kill you,” he mumbled as he got to her house. “Listen Angel, I’m trying to be civil towards you, but you need to let me try. Because right now, I feel like I’m trying to push a freaking brick wall with the way you’re snapping at me.” He looked over at Angel again who was looking down and scratching at her nails. “I want to try to work things out with you, but please…just try to do the same.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for being so lazy and not putting this up sooner. And I know this chapter sucks because I was rushing it because I wanted to get a chapter out soon.

Anyway, sorry :(