Status: Active.

Nineteen

26

The drive to my apartment was quiet. Frank would occasionally rub his eyes or yawn but other wise it was silent inside his car. I glanced over to see Frank turn the radio on to some rock station and some song I didn't know came on. Frank drummed the steering wheel to the beat but again, said nothing.

By the time we got half way across town, Frank was singing his heart out to music I have never heard before. The songs were mostly heavy and not what I listened to anyway but apparently Frank did. Something clinked in my mind- it was all pretty much the same genre as Pencey Prep if not slightly different. When I was growing up, Mikey would always listen to a band called Anthrax, I didn't care for them much but I still grew up with it playing all the time.

"Do you know the band Anthrax?" I tilted my head to see him out of the corner of my eye.

"Of course! Their awesome, why?"

"Just wondering, Mikey loved them." I replied. I didn't know why I even brought up the subject since it went nowhere. He didn't seem mad at me anymore but I stayed quiet just to make sure.

"Gerard?" Frank asked after a few minutes.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Why are you so quiet, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, how are you feeling? Does your head still hurt?" I asked.

"Oh psshh its fine now since you gave me pain killers, which I haven't properly thanked you for." he turned to look into my eyes and smiled. "Thank you for breakfast and cleaning up and everything." I smiled back and he turned back to the road.

"You're welcome."

"Oh and... what happened to my lamp?" I couldn't help but laugh at that. He didn't remember.

"Well when you came home you ran into the lamp and it smashed. Then you walked through it and I cleaned it up." I replied.

"Oh... I wondered why I had glass stuck to the bottom of my shoes this 'morning." he frowned and I laughed a bit louder at his expression. He turned and grinned at me again which made my smile grow wider. All was perfect again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah Gerard, everything is perfect but I'm God in this story and I shall cast darkness upon the Earth! Muahahha

Thanks for all the love guys :]