Status: Active.

Nineteen

04

It was a sunday and I was still wondering if I was going to break my tradition of going to The Bovine every saturday just to see Pencey Prep again. I wondered what Sam would think. First time in three years. I sighed at the thought and refocused my eyes on the comic I was reading. I worked at a comic book store and got to read all the comics for free. This one was a brand new one and we only got the shipment yesterday. I was the only one that worked in the store besides the manager who came in once a week 'cause he was too damn lazy to put in his hours, so I considered myself the manager. Suddenly the door opened but I was too into the comic to pay much attention to the person. I heard the door shut and then footsteps walking up to me. They stopped and only then did I glance up with slight irritation. I was really enjoying this comic! When My eyes connected with the face of the person and I nearly died.

"Frank!" I exclaimed. He looked at me with slight surprise. It was my singer! What was he doing here?

"How did you know my name?" he asked with confusion.

"I talked to you outside The Bovine." I let out a shaky breath. A look of confusion crossed his face before his eyes widened in realization.

"Oh! I gave you a light!" he said. I nodded. "Oh hey!"

"Hey." we stood in awkward silence for a moment.

"Sorry, what's your name again?" he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Gerard." I smiled shyly. He was gorgeous.

"Gerard, right..." he smiled back. "Listen, what comic would you recommend?" I instanly held up the one I was just reading.

"Brand new and just came in yesterday." I said happily.

"Cool, can I have that one or should I go get one off the shelf?" he asked. I told him he could take the one I was reading. He paid for it and walked out the door with a simple 'bye'. I watched as the door closed and I made up my mind. I was going to New York.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? <3