Status: Active.

Nineteen

42

Detroit was a very... dirty city; and I can say that because I'm from Jersey. Like, Jersey has been known for being a dump but Detroit... well, its pretty gross.
The place was called Crossings and for good reason, the club was situated right beside a train track so when a train went by the place rattled. I guess it was pretty cool with its rave lights and its massive stage but The Bovine still had a place in my heart.

"This place is pretty cool." Mikey commented when we stepped in. I had agreed and we went over t the bar for drinks. We decided to wait for Pencey Prep since that's when all the people would come and Mikey would force me to socialize. Honestly I didn't care about that, I just wanted to see Frank and have him run up and kiss me.

The band started and I grinned when I spotted Frank in the front. He had changed his hair, it was now really short and bright red. He couldn't see me at the bar grinning but that was okay, after he was done I would go up to him. I would wrap my arms around him and kiss him passionately then we would go into Mikey's car and catch up with each other. Of course Mikey wouldn't allowed to be part of any of that but I guess he could greet him too.
My favorite song, nineteen, began and it's strange beat started. It always reminded me of a children's song in the beginning but then Frank's heart pours into the lyrics. I adore this song almost as much as I do Frank.

Just one night! Just one more night!

I mumble the lyrics to myself and suddenly get lost in the music. The mosh pit front right and center, disappeared to me and so did everyone else. Its was only Frank and I in a dark space with all the light on him. He was singing to me in my own mind. Just for tonight. Only when the song ended did I return back to Crossings and so did everyone else. Everyone cheered. Frank jumped off stage but I knew he would go back since Nineteen was the only song they played so far- I was looking forward to Hold Still The Red Light, that was another awesome one. Frank disappeared into the crowd and pulled a girl out onto the stage. She was around Frank's height but a little shorter with dark hair. My heart stopped when they lip locked right on stage. The crowd erupted with wolf whistles and cheers. I sat there with my mouth hanging slightly open at the sight. I felt a hand rest on my shoulder and my thoughts turned to that it was probably Mikey feeling bad for me but still saying 'I told you so'.

"This is my girl since high school!" Frank announced into the mic with a grin on his face. He had one arm wrapped around the girl who was shyly smiling as well.

"I'm sorry man." Mikey spoke up. I just nodded and couldn't take my eyes off of the stage. They started kissing again then the girl hopped off the stage and The Secret Goldfish started playing. I felt sick to my stomach and I felt a lump build up in my throat. He had been playing me all along... all along... "Gerard, you okay?" I felt myself stand up and drag my feet over to a guy sitting at the bar looking bored. He had short, spiky brown hair that was slightly longer in the front so it hung over his light eyes. There were plenty of fish in the sea and Frank was merely one of millions.
I felt my heart cracking and splintering. I kept walking forward. I could feel Mikey's eyes watching me but I kept walking. I stopped in front of the guy and stuck my hand out.

"Hi, I'm Gerard. I run a comic book store down in Jersey. I'm sort of socially awkward so please don't mind me." the guy studied me for a moment.

"I'm Derek. I live in New York with my parents and little sister. I'm anti-social but my cousin dragged me here." he shook my hand.

"Cool." I said and glanced up at the stage where Frank was still singing. "You want to get out of here?" I asked.

"Sure, I'm not a fan of these guys anyways." he stood up and paid for his drink. As we walked out I listened to Frank's voice. I frowned as I heard the raspy-ness and plain unpleasantness of his singing. It made me realize I probably only liked it because I really liked Frank... love is so blind... but this time I wont make the same mistake.
I took a breath and stepped out of the club with Derek. A train rolled by and I smiled a little to myself. I won't make the same mistake twice, no, I was going to be careful now.

"Gerard!" I turned around to see Mikey standing in the doorway of Crossings.

"Hey Mikes, this is Derek."

"Hi."

"Want to join us? Where going absolutely nowhere..." I trailed off and turned to Derek. "You want to come to Jersey with us, I know a really cool club with some really awesome people."

"Sure!" Derek smiled warmly. I smiled a little too and began walking. Mikey caught up to me and draped an arm over my shoulder.

"Good to have you back bro."

"Good to be back Mikes." I smiled sadly. I was back without Frank but It was for the better. Now I could find someone who could appreciate me and besides, i was a little obsessed over the guy. If he ever called again I would simply tell him I wanted better and that he could keep his girl, whoever she was, and to just leave me be. I don't think I would date a rock star soon or ever again. In the mean time, I had my brother and The Bovine. Maybe even Derek and if I bothered to socialize, a few more people. I pushed Frank Iero to the back of my mind and grinned. I was back!
♠ ♠ ♠
Nineteen is a pretty sweet song by Pencey Prep- you guys should check it out :D
THE END!!!
I know it sort of sucked it was better in my head -.- but anyways, that's all :D (one more comment for a request)
This story was pretty much based off (especially the ending) a relationship I went through, except that person wanted to be famous.... anyways- :) Hope you guys enjoyed!