Status: Active.

Nineteen

06

The backstage of The Reverb was more of a soundproof wall behind the stage and a curtain in one of the hallways beside the mosh pit. Surprisingly I only felt the beat of the bass but not anything else. It was as if I was sealed in a glass jar. Frank was a good half a head shorter then I was and it made me smile slightly as I followed him into the room with two other guys inside, seeing them made my hopes and dreams to retreat to the back of my mind.

"Gerard, this is Shaun Simon and John McGuire." Frank gestured to the two men who sat on a ratty couch in front of a giant mirror.

"Hambone please." the guy who was pointed out as John said.

"Yeah well, that's what we call him." Frank rolled his eyes. "Where's Tim?"

"Went to get another beer." Shaun smiled and took a sip from the bottle he held. Frank just nodded distractedly.

"So what's so special about this guy? Is he your next fuck buddy" John... Hambone chuckled playfully.

"No!" Frank said quickly and the two men began to laugh. I stood in the center awkwardly as Frank glared at them and Hambone fell on the floor and Shaun saving his beer before it was dropped.

"Sure!" Hambone gasped.

"Oh give him a break." I turned around to see a tall guy with short hair and a goatee walking towards us.

"Tim!" Shaun raised his beer in a toast.

"Shaun." he smiled.

"This is Jared!" Hambone announced pointing at me.

"Its Gerard." Frank and I both said in unison. We both paused and looked at each other.

"There meant to be!" Hambone sang.

"Shut up Hammy." Frank rolled his eyes and dropped himself on the couch between the two men. As I watched them, I felt slightly... relieved in some way? Not relieved, more like relaxed. They reminded me of myself when I was younger and had friends besides Mikey who came with me to The Bovine and we joked together like idiots. That was a long time ago though. Now they moved off and left me to party alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit of background info on Gee and you get to meet Pencey :)
Follow me on Twitter!
CharredRemains6
:)