Heel Over Head

Heels Over Head

“Calie, will you please come with me to the Boys Like Girls concert?” my 15 year old sister asked me.
“I don’t know any of their songs Kendra. And I’m gonna stand out like whoa because I’m probably gonna be the oldest person there,” I said.
“Sooo, please come. Please, please, please!” she begged. “I really don’t want to go alone and I have backstage passes!” she said excitedly.
“why don’t you just get your boyfriend to go with you?” I asked.
“he has to work. Please Calie. I cant let the other ticket go to waste. Don’t say ask one of my friends to go because you know they don’t listen to them.”
“OK fine.”
“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Come get me at 7! Bye!” and she hung up.
- - - - - - - - - - -
“So the singer is Martin, the guitarist is Paul, the bass player is Bryan, and the drummer is John,” Kendra said when we pulled up to the venue.
“ok, Singer, Martin. Paul, guitar. Bass, Bryan. And drums, John. Got it,” I said getting out the car.
- - - - - -
“Now I’m heels over head, I’m hanging upside down, thinking how you left me for dead California bound.”
Martin sang. Kendra was jumping up and down and singing to the top of her lungs whilst I swayed a little to the music. These guys were pretty good. And Martin didn’t look to bad.
I might be crazy but I could have sworn that he kept looking at me all through the night.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Now we are getting ready to go backstage to hang with the guys and Kendra was freaking out.
“o my God! O my God! Calie! We are about to meet Boys Like Girls! Why aren’t you freaking out? This is a time where you should be freaking out!” Kendra said. She couldn’t be still for nothing.
“Unlike you Kendra, I’m not obsessed with these guys,” I said.
“well you should be!….. O, and I saw Martin eyeing you all night,” She said smiling. “but it’s totally ok because I like Paul anyways.”
“Martin was not eyeing me all night, Kendra,” See I know I’m not crazy because Kendra noticed it too.
“he was too!”
“ook… whatever you say,” I said rolling my eyes.
Then some guy came out and told us that Boys Like Girls were ready for us. I told Kendra to breathe and stay calm bc they were just normal people like us but of course she didn’t listen.

We walked down a long hallway and then into a room with a bunch of couches. The guys were sitting down and when they saw us they stood up to introduce themselves.
Immediately Martin and I made eye contact for like the hundredth time tonight.

“Hi, I’m Martin,” he said smiling and shaking my hand.
“I’m Calie,” I said smiling back.

The rest of the guys introduced themselves. Then we all sat down. I sat down on a love seat and Martin sat beside me.

“I think I saw you in the crowd,” Martin said. “you were in the front row right? Didn’t know any of the songs.”
“Yea.. That would be me,” I said
“told you!” Kendra said.
“told her what?” John asked.
“I told her that Martin kept looking at her all night. But nooo she doesn’t listen to me,” she said sticking her tongue out at me.
I looked at Martin and he looked sort of embarrassed.
“well what can I say? I saw a beautiful girl and even though she didn’t know any of the songs” he said elbowing me gently. “she looked like she was really into the music and she was enjoying herself.”
“aaww, that is just too sweet!” Paul said.
“shut up dude!” Martin said throwing an empty water bottle at him.
“so where are you guys from?” Bryan asked.
“we actually live about ten minutes away,” Kendra said.

‘Whoa oh, whoa, whoa oh, why do I put myself in these situations?’
My phone was ringing. It was my brother.
“boyfriend calling?” Martin asked.
“nah.. don’t have a boyfriend,” I said hitting the ignore button. “That would be my brother.”
“ooo… you have a phone just like mine!” he said taking out his phone.

We hung out for a few more hours then we left.
- - - - -
It was a little while after we got home. I went to call my brother back when I realized the phone I had wasn’t mine, it was Martin’s!
So I called my phone.
“hello?” a guys voice said.
“uumm, Martin?” I asked.
“yea… this Calie?”
“yea.. You have my phone,” I said awkwardly.
“I know!” he said happily.
“how am I gonna get it back?” I asked.
“meet us at Denny’s in 30 and I will think about giving your phone back,” he said.
“ook.”
“we’ll be on the bus so call when you get here and I’ll let you in.”
“k. bye.”
“later.”
And with that I left and headed to Denny’s
- - - - - - -
When I got there I called Martin and he let me onto the bus.

“where is everybody?” I asked looking around the bus.
“inside eating,” he said.
“ooh. So why did you take my phone anyway?” I asked sitting down.
“because I wanted to see you again,” he said sitting down beside me.
“you could have just told me that, you didn’t have to take my phone,” I said laughing.
“see it wouldn’t have been that easy, if I asked you to come hang out with me you could say you would but there would be no guarantee that you would actually come. But, if I took your precious phone I knew you would have came.”
“um huh, you think you just have me figured out don’t you?” I asked smiling at him.
“Kinda, but I do wish I could figure you out more,” he said moving close to me. Then all of a sudden his lips were on mine.

And at that very moment I knew I had to be with him. So I went on the rest of the tour with BLG and feel even more head over heels for him and I knew he felt the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yea it kinda sucked..
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!! :)
COMMENT MEEE!!!
XOXO taylor

SONGS>>
"Heels Over Head" by Boys Like Girls
"Whoa Oh" by Forever The Sickest Kids