Status: Completed story about a friendship and a love between a human and a vampire.

Julia and the Lost Vampire

Julia and the Lost Vampire(21)"Forever Will He Be Phantomhive"

"I'm glad!" exclaimed Nicholas when he heard the good news.

He had come back to find Ciel playing Julia's violin, and Julia sitting on her favorite chair, admiring the performance. Julia, being as happy as she was, told Nicholas about what happened. He was very happy, though disappointed that he couldn't see Ciel's tears.

"I would have payed to see that!" he smiled.

Ciel glared at him. "Go die."

The next morning was busy. The servants were under much stress, going from kitchen to laundry to cleaning, for the upcoming event. In the evening that day, there was special occasion. It was Mr. Mayor, Julia's father's, birthday. Everyone was very excited even though they were all under a great deal of stress. In every birthday celebration he held in the mansion everyone was welcomed to celebrate, even the servants. Of course, naturally, they would be able to if they're done preparing everything that is needed.

While Ciel was asleep, as always, that morning Julia was at her lessons with Frank. Things were going rather well. But then something happened when she was playing her violin during the lesson.

"Ow!" Julia winced.

"What is wrong, Mistress Julia?" asked Frank, clearly concerned.

"I cut my finger!" she whined, examining the cut on her index finger, dripping blood.

Then, their heads turned towards the dark haired boy with blue eyes and an eye patch, walking gracefully to them. What is he doing awake? she wondered.

"Ciel, what's wrong?" The tone in her voice was clearly that of confusion.

He didn't answer. Ciel simply took her hand and held it, looking curiously at the same thing Julia was examining herself. Why is he looking at my cut? she thought. Is he concerned about me?

"It's just a cut," Julia smiled.

"Um, Mistress Julia," Frank whispered.

She turned her head slightly to Frank. "What?"

"He is-." They both choked on their words.

Julia gasped, as Ciel put Julia's injured finger between his lips making the blood disappear. Her cheeks turned a bright red. Frank's mouth fell open, his eyes so wide that it seemed like in any second they would fall out. How was Julia supposed to explain this to Frank? A young vampire boy being overcomed by his urges to feed, was definitely not an option. She had to think fast.

She laughed nervously and stood up from her seat, walking to stand behind Ciel and put her hands on his shoulders. "Don't worry, F-Frank!" She smiled. "It's just a-a- He's just worried about me. Right, Ciel?"

He stayed quiet, staring at Julia, absent mindedly. She panicked, grabbing Ciel's hand and pulling him out of the room. He made no sign of resistance and followed her. She stopped halfway to the crossing of two maids with laundry baskets. They passed, and again, she was walking, taking Ciel along with her, still appearing to have no desire to stop.

Julia opened the door to her room and walked inside, leading Ciel to sit down on a chair next to the window. Without thinking, Julia slid down to the floor, covering her face with her two hands. She was having trouble breathing, like the panic couldn't disappear from her body. Something was troubling her, yet she didn't even know what. But she knew it was something, she was never wrong about these sort of things.
Then, in a blink of an eye, as she raised her head up, there in front of her, kneeled before her, was Ciel still looking at her curiously. Her eyes opened wide, and again, she was having trouble breathing. I must look like a fool right now, she thought to herself.

"Why do you try so hard?" Ciel asked her.

She was confused. "What do you mean?"

"Why do you try so hard to keep this life? You try your hardest to keep us safe, wanting things to stay the same. Why is that?" His tone was that of curiousity, but she could have sworn, there was a hint of sadness within those words.

"Why do you think?" She smiled, affectionately. "The only thing that matters to me is my family right now. Their love and their lives matter the most. You're part of our family now, Ciel."

He was speechless for a while, both staring at each other for a long silent moment. Then, he said, "People who can kill family members any day, shouldn't be part of a family." He was reluctant, but there was hope.

"Yes, they should! And they can!" Her voice was firm, and trusting. "I thought you already knew that. Or did you already forget what you said to me?"

His pale cheeks turned red. "Of course not! Hmph."

She laughed. Now, she knew what he meant, and it was time to set things clear, before going any further. "Ciel."

"Yes?"

"I know you think, you've changed into a savage creature that doesn't want anything else but blood." He looked at her, and stayed quiet, waiting for the rest. "I want you to know, that you haven't. You're still as graceful and powerfully clever as when I first met you. It's just that you've learned to open up more, and care for others. That's all." She smiled.

It didn't make sense to him, but it was true. He would always, for as long as he lived, be Ciel Phantomhive.
♠ ♠ ♠
♥I worked hard on it!
Please be gentle!
I'll fix typos.
Enjoy and wait for the epilogue.
Thanks for reading this far, I appreciate it.♥