Status: hiatus

I'd Photocopy All the Things That We Could Be, If You Took the Time to Notice Me

Bloody Mary: The Curse Of Mary Hopkins

That kiss with Gerard made me sick. Not sick to my stomach, just sick. I stared at myself in a body-length mirror and gulped. Damn it, Dakota! Why'd you have to walk in. I was liking that-I shook my head clear of such naughty thoughts and re-read the first scenes lines. Lenny walked up behind me and patted my back. She was the old lady. "You look great, City." I smiled eagerly when all I wanted was to be in the car driving home. With my head on the seat cushion in my dad's wagon. Maybe Gerard would give me a lift and then kiss me goodnight. I held my forehead. Stop it! I have a boyfriend. He's nice and popular. Jake was a great guy, who cares that Gerard was ten times nicer. Jake was-is my boyfriend and I'm his girlfriend. I hope he's in the audience.

Miss. DeSoto announced that the play would be starting and as the lights dimmed, I took my place standing on the cardboard street. The people did a really good job designing the set. The curtains lifted:
I'm standing on a street corner, holding my stomach. I removes my hands and reveal that I'm bleeding badly. The sounds of the street should be very audible: car horns, conversation, shoes stomping
on the pavement, etc. I look around for help.
"Excuse me, ma'am--. Sir! Sir! Little Boy, would you send for some help, I'm dying--. Little Boy!! YOUNG MAN, PLEASE!!! I'VE BEEN SHOT!!!"
I give up and rip the bottom of my dress off to make a tourniquet but I don't know how. I sit on the ground as I am very dizzy now from the loss of blood. An old woman passes by, notices me and walks on without hesitation.
"Ma'am, would you please--"
The old lady cups her left ear. "I can't hear you." she says very loudly. "I need your help. I'm bleeding to death." The old lady leans in closer. "How can I stop your bleeding when I can't even hear you?" A man in a suit enters quickly. "Can I help you?" he asks. "Oh yes," I gasp. "You see, I've been bleeding--Out of my way, I gotta help this old lady across the street. I do it everyday and today is no different."
"But I'm bleeding to death." The man acts like he doesn't hear me. "Ma'am, can I help you across the street." the old lady hits the man in the suit with her cane as he tries to help her cross the street. I seems worse off than ever now. A policeman enters.
"Oh, thank Heavens, Officer. I don't know how much longer I would've lasted if you didn't come." I sigh with relief. The policeman shakes his head. "Ma'am, I'm gonna have to ask you to move on. The sign clearly reads no loitering. And you're littering all over the place. I could arrest you for that."
My shoulders drop. "I'm not littering. That's blood. I'm dying!" The policeman shakes his head and throws a ticket at me. "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! I'M DYING HERE?!" Screaming like that, takes to much out of me.

The curtains were drawn so the setup people could re-design the set. I bought time and stood on the stage everything else black. "All sound stops and my sight is slowly draining away. Finally, I am at peace. No, I'm not, I must find the guy who did this to me, and make him pay." I say to the audience and go back behind. The curtains lift again:
I'm standing in front of a bathroom mirror, slowly, picking at my face. My lips are stitched for the moment, until I feel the right time to speak. I grab the sides of the mirror and begin pressing my thumbs to it. Harder and harder until I give up and rest my head against the glass.

Curtains draw up again and then the stage illuminates with a ghastly blueish light: "I died a week ago." I say standing over my tombstone. My face scared from all the picking. The old lady who was too deaf to help me lays roses at the grave. "I HATE ROSES!" I scream in her ear. deafening. Or maybe she can't hear me. The policeman on the other side of the park giving someone a ticket. "ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?" I yell. The man in the suit helps the old lady over the rocks surrounding my buried body. "THAT'S RIGHT, YOU BETTER MOURN!" I yell. I see his car roll down the road. Van Carter will pay.

The curtains draw again. My hair fixed the way it looked like it was when I was dying, I'm once again in the white tattered dress that was her death dress and instead of being only slightly pale, I'm ghostly white. No pun intended.
Van Carter is sitting in his british home reading a copy of Shakespeare's Hamlet. He adjusts the pipe in his mouth and looks up only to see the ghost of his once beloved Mary. I stand there looking at him and the sheer terror of seeing the departed me, gives him a heart attack of which he dies from. "I bid to you farewell Carter. For now, it is you're turn to experience the pain that is dying." and with that I gently sit myself down in the leather chair and start reading the book.
The curtains close and lift for the final time and we stood there in a giant line. Miss DeSoto in the middle and the actors and setup people beside her. I grabbed Lenny and Carl's (Policeman) hand and bowed.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry if the play sucked (I know it did)
but i tried to make it interesting while not making it too long.
hope you liked
wow i'm one a role today. 3 updates in one day!!!