Status: hiatus

I'd Photocopy All the Things That We Could Be, If You Took the Time to Notice Me

After The Play

City looked around outside the Boys and Girls Club for jake. He’s promised he’d come to the premiere. about 200 people were outside at night congratulating the cast and crew of the play. City became disheartened that Jake would break a promise and went to find her dad instead. Around 10:30, most of the people had gone and left, but a few were still there. She walked along the sidewalk in her costume thinking that her dad probably parked up the street more but when she saw me leaning against the black Subaru taking a drag, lets just say, Jake was just put into the goody goody category.

She tried to fix her hair and some of her face paint came off on her hand. She walked over to my car where I was talking to Ray. She let herself be known by clearing her throat and asking for a sip of my coffee. “Sure.” I handed her the cup. Ray and I watched doubting that she would actually take a sip. But she did. Ray was absolutely shocked. “Ray this is City, City, Ray.” She brought the cup from her lips. “Hi.” she greeted timidly. She was about to take another sip when she remembered that it was my coffee. “Uh, here. I-I don’t wanna drink it all.” she handed it back. “Feel free.” I told her. She smiled and downed the rest. “Damn.” Ray swallowed. I chuckled and asked where her dad was. “He probably forgot.” she sighed. “Let me drive you home.” I stated. She looked at me. “Its okay. I’ll just walk.” she bent. “This is Belleview. Are you sure you wanna walk?” She looked around. “I can handle myself.” she licked her lips. “Get in the car, City.” I said softly. “I’ll walk-Get in the car, City. Ray I will see you tomorrow.” I said more forcefully. City sighed and opened the passenger side door.
About halfway home, City looked at me and insisted that I drop her off at the closet gas station I looked at her like she was crazy. “I’m trying to avoid the possibility of you getting raped or molested and you’re fighting me. Why?” I had to ask. “I don’t like relying on people.”
“Yeah, I can see that.” I said. I think I might’ve hurt her feeling after I said that. She didn’t talk until we reached her house.

I pulled up into the driveway and figured I’d leave the engine running. She won’t be here for long. I watched her undo her seat belt and grab her purse from the backseat. She caught my eyes and smiled shyly before planting a kiss on my lips. I held her there for a bit, until her little sister came outside and ran up to my window. “Why are sucking on my sister’s face?” City’s mouth dropped. “Addy, If you don’t tell dad and leave right now, um, I’ll give you the last Popsicle.” Her sister got all excited and rushed off back in the house. “You’re bad. Bribing you’re little sister like that.” I teased. I went to kiss her when her she placed a finger on my lips. “Wait.” she whispered. She waited for a couple seconds and removed her hand. “What?” I asked. “I thought she was gonna come back out like she usually does.” Her mouth curved into a smile. “Were safe?” I asked. She nodded and bit her lower lip. “So what now?” City looked up and said, “Well, I’m gonna go inside after you give me my goodnight kiss.” she claimed. “Oh so now I have to.” she nodded. She inches her face closer to mine and I sigh. “If I must.” jokingly. She chuckles a bit before our lips touch. “I’ll see you Monday.” She whispers to me. “Third period.” I finish. She smiled and opened the door and went inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you liked :]
sorry it being so short