Status: hiatus

I'd Photocopy All the Things That We Could Be, If You Took the Time to Notice Me

Catastrophe Can Start With A One Tiny Gesture Of The Mouth Part 2

“Dad, what are you doing here.” I struggled to find my feet. I couldn’t believe this was happening. No way, no way did my just just see me and Gerard going at it on the couch. Oh, God, I’m dead. No...Gerard will be dead, I’ll just never see the outside world again. Better take my last few breaths of clean, fresh air while I can.
“Apparently stopping something that never should’ve happened.” He said coldly. My dad turned to Gerard and watched him shrink back. “Boy, you have a lot of explaining to do.” His mother walked up beside my dad and looked harshly at her son. “Gerard, what the hell did you think you were doing? Getting into this kind of relationship is not what you need right now.” She sent. “Mom, I’m not trying to get in any kind of relationship, I didn’t even know what I was doing. By the time my brain had time to think, my body was already 10 steps ahead.” He tried so hard to defend himself. “Dad, please, its not Gerard’s fault. I kissed him first. I started it!” My dad wouldn’t listen. “Mr. Hall I wouldn’t take advantage of City like that. I’m not like those other boys.” He assured. “Gerard, I know you mean well, but I’m afraid of what we might’ve walked in on had we waited 10 minutes.” His mom claimed. She looked at me. I thought she was gonna yell at me for a second. My dad on the other hand, I knew was gonna yell soon. “Dad, I’m not a little girl anymore, I can handle myself.”
“Obviously, City, you can’t. Now were going home.” He demanded, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the kitchen. “I don’t wanna leave, Dad. I wanna stay here.” I jerked away from him. “City Lynn Hall, you better get your ass out that door now. I’ve had enough of your attitude.” He yelled. I turned my head to take his insults to the side. “Walter, I think you could be a little nicer.” Gerard’s mom defended.
My dad shook his head and dragged me through the kitchen and out the front door. Gerard and his mom followed after to see everything. Wait, where was Gerard’s dad in all this...You know what, I probably don’t wanna know. “Mr. Hall, I swear, City and I haven’t done anything.” He said. “It better stay that way, too.” He turned and said. I peeped over my dad’s shoulder, but he caught me looking at Gerard and glared at me. “Go, now!” He ordered, pointing to our house. I allowed myself one more look at Gerard before leaving. “City wait,” Gerard started. “Donna, you better keep your Goddamn son away from my daughter.” He grabbed the collar of Gerard’s shirt. What? My dad did not just say that. I love it when Gerard’s with me. Didn’t he know that. You’d think it would be completely noticeable.
My dad let go of Gerard’s shirt and slammed their door shut watching me as we crossed the road to our house. He slammed our door shut as I ran up the stairs. “I can’t believe you lied to me City. Your word use to mean something around here.” He lectured, following me to my door. I slammed it before he could come in and locked it. “Just leave me alone. I don’t wanna talk to you ever again! I hate you!” I cried, crashing down on my bed, crying into my hands. “City come on, I did that for your own good.” He claimed. I wiped my eyes on my sleeve. “Some good it did. You know I like Gerard.” I said sniffling. “You had such a perfect boyfriend before him. Why the sudden change?”
“Maybe I was tired of having the perfect boyfriend. I just wanted someone who liked me for me. not because I’m popular.”
“And I’m suppose to believe that Gerard was that guy?”
“Gerard was that guy. But you’ll always see him as the weird loner kid.” I said. My dad let out a loud sigh as I had said that. He had given up for now, but that wouldn’t be the last of it. He’d try again around dinner time, but the response he gets from me wouldn’t change.
...
It’d been a couple hours since my dad last tried to convince me to come out of my room. Or in any matter, just to talk so he knew I was still alive. I was, i guess you could say. I sat on my bed reading my english book when my dad must’ve gotten tired with me. He sent up Addy with some dinner for me. “City won’t you please come down. Daddy’s really sorry.” She lied. Dad was never sorry. He meant everything he did and said and their was no getting around that. “Can I come in at least?” She asked. I rolled my eyes, getting off my bed and unlocking the door. Stupid move. What if my dad had been there, using her just to get me to open up. I’d be forced to talk with him then.
“I ate you potatoes.” My kid sister said making me smile. “Come in.” I gestured. She sat the plate down on my dresser and joined me on the bed. “So...how’s Gerarld.” She made a funny face trying to pronounce his name. “Its Gerard get it right.” I said not looking up from my book. She whimpered a bit and asked the same question, still pronouncing his name wrong. “Everything fine. We’re never gonna see each other again.” I shut my book a little harder then I meant to. “Why? What did he do?” Why did everyone think that he did something. For once, both of us were completely innocent. “He didn’t do anything thats the thing. Dad thinks that just cause he caught us kissing, that we were gonna have sex for something.” I cleared out one of my eyes. Something had been bugging it all day.
Dad called Addy back down to the kitchen to help put away the dishes and I locked the door as soon as she left.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading =]