Status: hiatus

I'd Photocopy All the Things That We Could Be, If You Took the Time to Notice Me

Acting Strange

I stepped out of my fathers car and sighed as another dreadful day of school was to begin. Mikey sighed from behind me and walked past to the stairs. City was sitting on the bottom step in plain jeans and a white polo shirt. Nothing fancy, thats not like her. She liked showing off usually. Dark sunglasses covered her brown eyes and about an inch around them. She seemed to be looking off somewhere into space but I didn't care. Mikey walked past her carefully as if expecting her to throw an insult at him. She didn't. I walked past next also expecting an insult. When I thought I was past, she didn't insult me, just a simple, "Hey."

Lunch came quickly. I didn't have any money, cause I had forgotten to grab it on the way out, so I didn't eat. I went to sit at our usual table when I noticed City sitting all alone. I sighed and sat down across from her. She looked at me strangely. She wasn't eating either. "Hi." I said simply, not expecting a response. She smiled like she was annoyed and continued looking towards the lunch line. "Why aren't you eating?" I asked. "No money. You?" she managed. "Same thing." She wanted to look at me, but didn't. Frank, Ray and Mikey both sat down at the table. "Why are you sitting here?" Ray asked. "Cause I felt like it." Frankie turned to City. "I'm Frank." he held out his hand. She looked at him funny and turned away like she was embarrassed to be seen with us. "This is my brother Mikey, Ya know, the one you confused me with." I introduced. "Hi." she smiled a little. Frank had a fit about how she wouldn't greet him. City rolled her eyes and waited for the bell to ring.

I walk into homeroom to find Ray talking with my teacher. "What's going on?" I try not to intrude. "Mr. Toro here thinks he can up and change partners." Mr. Ryans crossed his arms. "Whose your partner?" I asked setting my books down on the desk behind me. "Karen Nelson." is all he had to say for me to sympathize him. "Can't you just try to work with her. For Heaven sakes, she's not even here and it'll be next to impossible for us to re-partner her." Mr. Ryans claimed. Ray sighed.

The bell rang and study hall was over. I walked out of the classroom only to be pulled out of the swarm of students by City. "What the Hell!?!" I snapped. "Hey, I only wanted to say thank you. But if you're gonna have an attitude-thank me for what?" I interrupted. "For not telling anyone about my dad." She explained.
"Your father?"
"I know you heard us-me and my dad fighting the other day."
"And..." I trail. "And I'm surprised you didn't tell anyone. I mean, if I had that kinda blackmail on someone, I wouldn't keep it to myself." she continued. "Maybe I'm not like you." I said. Dakota walked by us and City quickly opened the locker to the side. Once she was gone, City closed it. "Listen, Mikey-Its Gerard." I countered. "Whichever. I just don't need shit like that spilling out." I looked at her strangely, but the clicking of heels on the marble floor caused her to blow me off and take down the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
thx for those who subscribe and comment.
please if you read, comment so I know if you like it :]