Intruder!

The Intruder

I paused, the soft tinkling of glass breaking, capturing my attention. My eyebrows rising as I wondered who'd break into my house, who'd have the guts to do so.

I reached under the sink, hefting a plumbing wrench, my wrists aching in protest, I having sprained it two days past. I flipped the latch on the bathroom door, stepping out by the washing machine, I peered around the corner. I grimaced as something else broke. The intruder turned and I quickly pulled back.

I was unsure if he had seen me, knowing it was a male. The shoulders too broad, the stance too dominating. I heard swift footsteps heading in my direction. I waited until they were right beside me and I swung out with the wrench.

I heard the sickening crunch of bone and recoiled when a bloody hand grabbed my shoulder.

"Kat," He paused, blood running from his broken nose. I turned in surprise, my surprise shifting to worry as my mind registered who stood before me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah... I never realised who this was about until he asked me. I just wrote it. Only one person would have the guts to break into my house, and only one person would break something. Congratualations, Mr. Ellerington. You're in two of my stories.