Status: Rewriting the chapters. So please be patience. Story will continue soon :)

Why Can't We Be Together

Pretty Handsome Awkward

It was a twenty minute drive to Gerard's mystery man's house. I was pretty excited to see who it was. Frank and I tried to get him to give us hints but he refused. Frank was pissed but stopped asking. I on the other hand wanted to know.

"Are we there yet?"I asked.

"No."

"There yet."

"No"

"How about now?"

"NO!"

"......now?" Gerard sighed.

"If you ask me one more time I'm going to push you out the passenger seat onto the road and then put the car in reverse and run you over.Ask me again and see what happens."he threaten me.

"You wouldn't." I said,being smart.

"You think I wouldn't."The car came to a halt and I went forward. Oh shit he wasn't joking. "You're pushing it."

"Okay I won't ask you again."I groaned,crossing my arms. Gerard began to drive again and that urge to ask that question again came back. "Are we there yet? Ow!!" Gerard hit me in the head. "What was that for?" I said,rubbing the top of my head.

"Do you want to go to the dance in a body bag and have your boyfriend go to jail for killing me."

"H-How you k-now."I stammered.

"How could I've not know? The evidence is all there especially the way he held you when I tried to so call rape you at lunch the other day."

"Oh."

"And isn't he your date to the school dance?"

"But how do you know he just doesn't need a ride."I replied. Gerard shrugged.

"Maybe,maybe not but I know there is something going on between you two." I sighed. I bet he's going to tell mom and dad and then I'll get in big trouble. They might even make us move to another state so I can't communicate with Frank.

"Are you going to tell them?"

"Who,our parents...no. I'm not that mean. I can tell that you really like him and that he likes you too. Why break that bond between you two." I leaned over and hugged my brother. "Whoa,no hugs while I'm driving."

"Thanks." Gerard patted me on the head. We continued to talk until we got to his date's house. "Yay we're here."I exclaimed. The house looked pretty normal to me. Nothing mysterious about this guy. I just can't wait to see who it is.

"Stay here while I get him. I'm not surprised you haven't figured it out yet. It's pretty obvious actually." Do I know the guy already? Gerard ran to the porch and knocked. The door opened showing a figure. I couldn't see his face cause it was dark. I got in the back of the car so Gerard can be with his date.

He walked him to the passenger's side and opened the door. They guy got in and turned around to face me.

"Hey Mikey. What's up?"

"Oh my god I knew it!"I exclaimed.

Frank's p.o.v

Where is he?He should have been here along time ago. What if Gerard was speeding down the street and got into an accident and Mikey died on impact. That would be horrible. There was a light knock on my door.

"Yes."I said.

"Hey there sexy." My heart skipped a few beats when I heard that voice. "Sorry I took so long. Gerard had to go pick up his date."Mikey said,leaning down to kiss me. I smiled.

"It's no biggie. I'm just glad you're here now. Let's hurry before my dad starts to take pictures of us." Mikey grabbed a hold of my hand and pulled me back in the room.

"Why are you in a rush?We have like thirty minutes until it starts and then we still have to wait cause it's crowded."he pointed out.

"You're right but what are we going to do in the mean time. I don't feel like having my picture taking by my parents again. Bad enough my mom tried to give me a lecture about using protection. She thinks you and I are going to do the dirty tonight after the dance." Mikey smirked.

"Maybe we will if your up for it. I don't want to pressure you into doing something you don't want to do. I'm not that kind of person."

"I know. Is Gerard here?"

"Yeah,he's in the kitchen talking to you're mother. Oh and his date is here. You won't believe you're eyes who it is. I don't know how I didn't know. It's so obvious."Mikey rambled on.

"Please tell it isn't Lyn-z or Alicia."

"Ewww no he better have not went out with Alicia. It's too creepy for me."he complained. I followed Mikey downstairs to the kitchen where we found Gerard and my mother laughing.

"Oh hi sweetheart. Mikey you look mighty fine tonight."she winked. I caught Mikey blushing.

"Thank you Mrs.Iero."

"Now what did I tell you about calling me Mrs.Iero. It's Linda please."

"Okay. Hey Gerard where's your date. Frank is excited to see who it is."Mikey told his brother. Gerard pointed to the living room. I rushed pass Mikey to the next room and gasped. Sitting on the couch next to my dad was Bert. Gerard was going out with Bert. How did I not know this. They've been hanging out a lot lately.

"Bert?" I gasped.

"Frankie. What's up? Long time no see."he exclaimed,giving me a hug.

"Nothing much. The same old thing. You're going to the dance with Gerard?"

"Yeah. He asked me the other day when we were at your house. I'm surprised you didn't figure all this out before."he laughed.

"I was thinking the same thing." Gerard entered the room and walked over to his boyfriend,I guess they're together. He kissed him on the cheek causing Bert to blush.

"Aw they're so cute. They're good for each other I just know it."my mom said quietly. Hey what about me and Mikey. "Until I'm told that you and Mikey are together I'm not saying a word." I rolled my eyes. Mikey leaned over and whispered in my ear.

"So what about those childhood pictures you didn't want me to see. I want to see some right now."

"No."I growled.

"Why wittle Frankie doesn't want me to see those embarrassing photos of him."he said in a babyish voice. He's so lucky I like him cause if I hated him he would be no more right about now.

"I just don't want anyone to see them."

"Why? You really don't think you were cute when you were young."

"No"I whispered. Mikey looked over at my mom.

"Hey Linda can I see pictures of Frank when he was little."he asked politely,my mom showing a big smile.

"Oh of course. Frank was an adorable child."she squealed. I groaned. My mom went over to the book shelf and pulled out the family album. I groaned again.

"If you need me I'll be in the kitchen."I mumbled. Mikey grabbed my arm and pulled me down on the couch.

"Okay here's when he was about a week. I couldn't do anything without him crying for me...." I left before she could continue. I don't know why I didn't want him to see them but I just wasn't in the mood. I sat at the kitchen table for awhile until Mikey came in.

"You okay?"

"Yeah."

"You were adorable."

"I guess."

"Don't guess,you were and you still are. Ray told me one day that you thought you were fat and ugly which is a total lie."

"Sure it is."I said sarcastically. Mikey kneeled down in front of me,taking my hand. "It's true. I am ugly. Everyone said it. You even said it."I said sadly.

"When was this? I never called you ugly. I think your beautiful and sexy."

"Well you called me a monster and they're ugly and that's what I am,a monster. That's all Gerard,Lyn-z,Alicia and you would call me. Other kids from my classes would too. They even tried to kill me in our geometry class with garlic."

"Frank,I didn't mean it. Remember what I told you about if my family found out that I'm friends with a vampire. I regret every time I called you a monster and now that I think about it,I shouldn't have called you that. I'm sorry."

"I know." I mumbled.

"I love you Frankie and I always will. I don't care if you drink blood or have fangs. I love you for you. That's why I want to ask you if you want to be my boyfriend and don't say no because of what you think other people might say about me or you. Tell me what you really think."

Mikey just asked me out....oh my god. I've been waiting for this day."I-I don't know what to s-say."

"Well say anything. I need an answer."

"Yes. I would love to be your boyfriend." I squealed,tackling Mikey to the floor. I kissed him. Bert appeared at the door way,looking at me and Mikey.

"Um am I interrupting anything. I can go back into the living room and wait until you two are finished."he said unsure about the situation.

"No,I'm just happy right now."I exclaimed.

"What's all the commotion about."Gerard said,appearing next to Bert.

"I'm trying to figure that out myself."Bert shrugged.

"Mikey asked me out!"

"Oh congratulations bro. You two are perfect for each other."Gerard beamed.

"Thanks Gerard. Um is it time to go yet. Frankie and I are ready to party." I got up,helping Mikey too and hugged him. Ha in your face Alicia. Mikey is officially mine and you can't have him.

"Okay let's hit the road then. I'll meet you at the car. Come on Bert."Gerard pecked him on the cheek causing Bert to blush. Bert grabbed a hold of Gerard's hand and they left.

"You ready to go."Mikey said. I nodded. We said good-bye to our parents before rushing out to the car where we got,you know who,having a make-out session. "Um they pick a nice time to do that."

"Yup." I knocked on the passenger's window. Bert nearly jumped out of his skin. "Hi." I waved. Bert blushed again as he rolled down the window.

"Sorry guys. We didn't know how long you'd be so...." Mikey and I piled in the back.

"It's okay. Now let's hurry to the school. We have to find a parking spot."I remained Gerard.

"Oh shit you're right." He put the keys into the ignition and pulled out the drive thru.

****************

The school was packed when we arrived. Gerard managed to find somewhere to park about three blocks away. It's okay though I need the exercise anyway. Mikey was the first to complain about the walking. I picked him up on my back and carried him the entire way which I didn't really mind. Bert asked Gerard to carry him and all he got was him rolling his eyes.

I gave the teacher our tickets once we got to the front. You could hear the beat of the music outside. We entered to the gym to find people all grouped up in the center of the room. I was already getting hot.

"So where do yall want to go."Gerard shouted over the blaring music.

"What?" Mikey shouted back. Gerard moved closer to him and shouted again.

"I said where do you want to go. Is there anyone you want to look for?"

"No,we're fine right here." Mikey grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor. To all of those who are reading this,I can't dance to save my life. Seeing as this is the first time I ever been to a dance is the reason. So once Mikey started to grind his body up against mine scared me. It was a sight to see though. I just stood there frozen trying to figure out what to do. "You okay Frank?"

"I'm fine." I mumbled,shaking my head. I was not okay,I repeat not okay. I can't fucking dance. "Mikey."I whined.

"Yes."he said,continuing to grind up against me. "Why aren't you dancing?"

"Cause I can't. I don't know how too."I said,ashamed. Mikey laughed as he placed his hands on my hips.

"I can stop if you want. We don't have to dance."he said. I nodded as much as I wanted to say no,I did not want to embarrass myself or Mikey. Bad enough I get called names already. I don't need this to be added onto the comments. Mikey pulled me over to the side and held me in his arms. A few people that were standing near us gave us weird looks.

"Don't worry about them."he whispered in my ear.

"Okay and I'm sorry."I apologized.

"For what?"

"I ruined everything all because I can't dance. Why don't you just go dance with some other person and enjoy yourself?"I said.

"No,I want to stand here with you. Plus I'll get you to dance later. I want to dance to a slow song with you. Are you okay with that?"

"I guess. Don't get mad at me when I step on your feet." I giggled,turning around in his arms and standing on my toes to kiss him.

"OH MY GOD,YOU TWO ARE SO CUTE."someone squealed from behind us. I spun to see my friend Blair with his date. "Frankie what's up. I see you've got your man."he said,wiggling his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes. Mikey looked quite confused. "Oh hi Mikey."

"Um hi. Do I know you?"he said unsure.

"No but I know you. Well I've heard about you from Frankie. He always talked about you all the time during guitar class."Blair replied. Mikey mouthed an "o". "Oh Frankie I would like you to meet my date,Emma. Emma,meet my best friend Frankie. Now shake hands,give hugs. I want you two to get to know each other while I inspect Mr.Mikey Way over here. Excuse me."Blair placed his hands on his shoulders and pulled him away from my grasp. "And don't worry Frankie boy,he's in good hands."

I stood there watching my boyfriend be dragged over by the punch bowl. Poor Mikey,Blair is going to corrupt him with all those dirty thoughts that pop in his head. I turned to Emma,who was smiling at me strangely.

"Hi."I said,giving a small shy wave.

"Sup?"

"Um nothing much. How did you meet Blair,if you mind me asking."

"Oh he's in one of my classes. It was kind of odd but I over heard him after class to get us partnered up together."she laughed. Yeah I could see Blair doing that. If he likes someone he'll go to extreme to let them know. "So when the time came for the assignment I got paired with him and that's about it. We got to know each other more and he asked me out. I said yes apparently. He's really sweet and all."

"Oh that cool. Well treat him nicely,he's my best friend besides my other best friend Bob who I haven't seen in days. I'm getting kind of worried about him."I said quietly.

"Bob Bryar? I know him,well actually my brother does. He's sort of friends with him. He came over our house the other crying about something. I don't know what it was about but he was really upset. My brother tried calming him down but it didn't work. He just starting yelling and then he just left."

"How many days ago was this?"

"Like three." Bob was crying. I have never in my entire life seen nor heard about Bob crying. Me being with Mikey must be really upsetting him. How can I have so much effect on him. I mean I can't be all that can I. I quickly thanked Emma and she went back to Blair. I got Mikey back and told him what I heard. He was speechless but his expression changed a little.

About more minutes in dance,Mikey asked me a question.

Frank?"

"Hmm?"

"Promise me you won't leave me."he whispered. I was taken by surprise,where did that come from.

"Why you ask me such a question?"

"I dunno. Maybe because you'll probably want to make Bob happy again and since he's your friend in all."

"I would never do that to you. I love you and nothing can make me break up with you. Not even Bob or anyone in the world."I said truthfully.

"I love you too but promise me you'll never leave me."

"I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
umm...another update...i can't think of anything really to say in this author note
enjoy ^-^

thanks for the comments:

xRachelxSynisterx
SuperBat
xmydecemberx
secrets-that-die
Dr. Mrs. Vandertramp
yourchemicalromance
FluorescentChaos
Circe
xXRipMyHeartOpenXx

title credit:The Used-Pretty Handsome Awkward (bert <3)