I Just Had to Run

001

“Get Ready, Get Set, Go,” I boldly answered the record producer.
My fingers knotted themselves together in anticipation.
“And what do you do in the band again?” he questioned, looking from me to the boys, “You sing, right Lyndsay?”
A little frown formed on my lips, he didn’t do the research like he said he did, he’s already lying.
“Actually, Z’s our drummer,” Bret answered for me “I’m the vocals,”
The record producer-what was his name again?-looked blankly at us “Hm, well. Our company was looking for a female vocals,”
“So you pretty much want another female fronted band that sounds like all the others?” Jason shot in, “Z does do vocals sometimes. Backups. And she even sings a whole verse in Shut Up and Deal,”
The man sighed “Look, kids, I’m sure you’re a great band, but we need something that’s going to sell,”
“Which we sill,” I interrupted “Your music is good, we’re friendly people and we have a big fan base already,”
Dylan’s’ elbow met with my side “Don’t be rude,” he whispered.
I rolled my eyes before giving the man a nice smile “Honestly, we can bring in the fans. we can bring in the money.”
He let out a sigh, “We’ll give it a test drive.”
My eyes scanned over the face of my four best friends, each of them had a big grin plastered on their faces, but they weren’t as big as mine.
“Test drive?” Jason asked him, his smile almost breaking off his face.
“Nothing too big. A year contract, two EP’s at least. A small tour,” the balding man nodded his head, opening his briefcase.
My fingers gripped into the dark wood table as I waited for him to pull out the tiny contract.
Bret reached forward and took hold of the paper, his eyes scanning over the black ink.
He licked his lips slowly as his eyes scanned the words, I could tell his mind was give every sing word, making sure it was all in place.
“Sounds like a deal,” he said, grabbing the pen and scrawling his name eat the bottom.
Jason an Dylan quickly followed in suit, before handing the contract to me.
And without hesitation, I signed my life away.
♠ ♠ ♠
do you like it?