‹ Prequel: Check Yes Juliet

Should've Said No

When You're Feeling Empty,Keep Me In Your Memories

i laid there on the cold pier. i could feel the cold wind touched my bare skin. i was too exposed, as dad would say. i was naked. the moon light caught my skin and i looked up. i don't even know if i'm still alive. the moon light feels like carrying me to heaven. all my body hurts, the bruises on my thighs, arms, shoulders, and cheeks burned. my eyes were tired and there was no more tears to shed. i thought Jason loved me, but he did this.

"Abby!" , a distinct call was heard. i crooked my head to the side, trying to remember who's voice was it. i could picture how dad would react if he sees me like this.

"Abby Jean! , dad's voice echoed through the trees. tears started to fall again.

"Abby!", this voice were much clearer. i tried to sit up, but my back stung me as i tried to do it. "Abby Jean!"

"Ryane?", i croaked out. Ryane's face hovered over me and her eyes were full of tears. she placed her thigh under my head and she cried.

"I'm sorry, Abby. i didn't notice you left."

"It's okay."

"Abby!", Aunt Ashlee ran towards us and she covered my bare body with her coat. "Jason did this to you?"

I nodded. Ryane and aunt Ashlee helped me get dress, and suddenly, Dad and uncle Jack came out from the darkness. "Abby!", dad ran towards me and hugged me tightly. "Abby, i thought you would be..."

"Dead?", i mumbled. i could feel his head nodding. "No, dad. i'm not."

"I'm worried about you. so much.", he pulled away and looked down to me. "I don't wanna lose you. you're all i got right now."

"I love you too, daddy."
********************
I sat near the window again, watching as the rain falls. i don't know how Jason was still alive after what dad and the others did to him. he looked dead to me.

"Abby, can i close the door?", uncle Jack asked me as he stood on the door way.

I raised a brow. "What's the matter?"

"No, nothing. can i?"

I nodded and let him closed the door. i walked near the door and pressed my ear on it. the conversation downstairs was clear.

"Juliet, you don't have the right to take Abby away!" , grandma cried. i gasped quietly. mom was downstairs, trying to take me away.

"Mom! she's mine!"

"You left her for 14 years! you don't want her back then! , dad's familiar voice roared.

"Zack, you better give her to me or this is going to the court!"

"Sis, the court would give the custody to Zack after they hear about you left her while she grew up! , aunt May shouted back.

I couldn't hear the rest. i just jumped on my bed and cried there. suddenly, Jeremy walked into my room and laid on the bed next to me. "Hey, cous."

I kept quiet. "Abby, you know that aunt Juliet is downstairs fighting with grandma, uncle Zack, and aunt May over you, right?"

I nodded.

"Abby, i don't want you to leave. you're my cousin."

"I don't want to leave either."