‹ Prequel: Check Yes Juliet

Should've Said No

Is It Broken? Can We Work It Out?

I stood up, walking towards the street quickly. how did Jason got here? how did he find me?

"Abby! wait up!"

I quicken my track, but he was faster than me. he caught my shoulder and turned me around, facing him. his blue eyes were cold like the night he raped me, his light brown hair glimmered under the sun. he reminded me of dad. "Abby, i'm here because i wanna say i'm sorry."

"You raped me, Jason!", i shook his hands off my shoulder. "You think a sorry would make me feel better?"

"I'm sorry, Abby Jean, i don't know what came over me."

"Well, sorry doesn't change anything right now. good bye.", i turned around but he caught my leg. "Jason, let go!"

He pulled me down and i fell to the hot sand face planted. "Jason!"

Luckily, Luke bit his arm, so i could escape. i ran to the street but i bumped into someone. "Abby Jean? what's wrong?", dad asked me.

"Jason.", i sobbed and cried onto dad's chest. "Jason's here."

Dad scanned the beach and he saw Jason still trying to cover the bloody cut on his arm. "Wait here, AJ."

I eyed Dad as he walked towards Jason and he punched Jason again. i gasped when he did that, but i didn't feel bad to Jason. he fucking raped me, for god's sake. Luke barked and i ran back home with him. as soon as i got inside, i ran to the living room and sat on the couch with my legs pulled up to my chest.

there was a knock on the door and i rushed to open it. when the door swung open, the most familiar brown haired woman was standing on the door way.

"No.", i gasped.

"Abby Jean, you are coming with me!", Mom pulled my arms and dragged me out from the apartment.

I cried for help and Luke was barking,like,crazy, but mom didn't bother it. she just kept on dragging me towards her car. i kept wishing in my mind, dad would get over Jason and save me from mom. then, my wish was being answered.

"Juliet!", dad roared from the other side of the road. he cross the street, rage shown on his face perfectly. "What do you think you're doing?"

Mom pushed me into the passenger seat and locked the door from outside. "I'm going to take my daughter to New York and there's nothing you could do about it!"

"You don't have a custody over her! you're kidnapping her!"

"She's mine, Zack! i'm her mom!"

Tears started to fall as i saw my parents were fighting. i love dad, and i love mom even though she never there for 14 years of my life. i tried to unlock the door but it was no use.

"Zack, if you don't let me bring her back, this is going to the court! and i'm serious!"

"So, bring it!", dad shouted back. "I'll fight for AJ until my last dying breath."

Dad's words rang in my ears. he always fought for me, fought my fight. he fought Jason because of me, he fought his life because of me, and now he was fighting with mom to keep me. i covered my ears and closed my eyes shut until they're done. i counted in my heart. when i got to 50, the sound of the car door was opening, was heard.

I opened my eyes and saw dad, smiling. "Hey, Abby Jean."

I quickly threw my arms around his neck and sobbed. "Dad, i don't wanna go anywhere."

"You won't, baby, you won't."

"Mom's gonna take me away."

Dad pulled away and sadness shown in his eyes. "AJ, we got served. i'm gonna fight your mom for your custody."
****************
the image of me leaving dad alone in Cali was horrifying. imagining me being away from dad just for the weekend was already a nightmare. i looked around my room and a bunch of polaroids and SLR pictures of Dad and i through my life was stick on the walls. since i was four, dad stick the pictures neatly on my walls and wrote captions on the walls. i walked over to the "ABBY'S FIRST SHOW!" part.

there were pictures with me, trying on dad's bass. i looked so small with his bass back then. suddenly, tears sprang out and i just couldnt bear to leave this all behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
short filler!