‹ Prequel: Check Yes Juliet

Should've Said No

We're Forever Young

JULIET'S P.O.V

I showed the security my media passed and they let me into the venue. I adjusted my camera once and walked towards the open gate to the front of the barricade.

"Name, miss?", a guy with a clipboard asked.

"Kelly Williams, I'm from AP."

He smiled and nodded, letting me in. i leaned on the barricade, looking up to the stage. I tried to avoid this, avoiding this show. Seeing my daughter and her dad in one same time and place was too much. Mike just has to pick me since he knew my past, he knew my name isn't Kelly, he knew that i'm a Barakat, just like my twin brother, who made Mike hired me with a snap. as kids filing in the venue, i tried to think. think what i'm gonna do. suddenly, the lights were off. i gulped and tried not to freak as i saw a girl who looked like mini Dana with a little mixture of Alex came out, greeted by screams.

"Hey, hey, LA!", The girl shouted through the mic. a yellow custard Gibson SG was slung around her torso, just like Alex. "How're you feeling tonight?!"

The crowd screamed in reply. Then, the other three walked out to the stage. i held my breath when i saw her, my daughter, my Abby Jean. she was only wearing short shorts and Glamour Kills tee shirt. Zack's pink bass was slung around her. I realized all of them were their kids. the guitarist looked alike Jack and me. the drummer looked like Kara alot.

After 7 songs, the girl who i assumed was Alex and Dana's kid, traded her electric guitar into acoustic one. the only light on stage were from the spotlight, lighting only her.

"So, you all know we're the kids from All Time Low.", she smiled as she strummed. the crowd roared. "And we want to play this song, written by my dad, the infamous Alex Gaskarth."

The crowd screamed and i realized i knew this song. Remembering Sunday. one source said Alex wrote it for Zack because of me, but who knows? the song send shivers through my spine.

Then, Alex came out, greeted by hysterical screams of the fans. "Hey LA!"

The girl smiled and hugged his side. "Give it up for my dad!"

I still can't believe all of them were already dads. you couldn't see the aging on their faces. Alex still looked the same, like 16 years ago. no anything, he looked the same, like 16 days rather than 16 years.

They sang the song together, with his daughter sang Juliet Simms part. Abby played the acoustic guitar, just like her dad.

After the song, the kids bowed and soaked in the screams. i only stood there, seeing my daughter, smiling at the press and me. i smiled back a little.
******************
I shifted my weight nervously, waiting for my turn to interview the kids. i got Abby, and this was my biggest fear.

"Okay, your turn.", Their manager told me. i nodded and walked into the dressing room. there she was. Abby was sitting on the couch, smiling at me as i sat across her.

"Hello, Abby, is it?"

She nodded. "Yes, Abby, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too."

"What's your name?", she smiled.

"Kelly."

"Well, Kelly, let's start the interview, i'm stoked.", she grinned.

I opened my note pad and placed the tape recorder on the coffee table. "So, Abby, how long have you been into Bass guitars and music?"

"Well, as you know, my dad was the biggest influence in me. the first time i picked up a bass and played it, it was his bass. the first song i listened to was Blink 182 and that was because of him."

"And how do you feel to be in a band? and on tour with your own dad?"

"Dad doesn't fuss much, ha, but he does care about me and boys and usual dad-daughter stuff. and being in a band, it doesn't feel like a band, since the four of us grew up together and we've been friends since the day we were born. we grew up in the tour bus, our playground were Warped Tour or Bamboozle, and our school were the other bands."

"Do you want to have a normal childhood?", i bit my lip on that question. her eyes lit up and stare at me with a smile.

"I don't have a normal childhood, but i don't want to change it or trade it. my mom left dad and i when i was two, leaving dad to take care of me while he was touring and stuff. i had fun, i had a great time of my childhood, being Zack Merrick's daughter and all. so, i won't have it any other way."

After more question, i thanked her for her time and rushed out the room, that was half an hour full of tension. i could see it in her eyes that she knew it was me. that i was her mom.

"Do i know you?", A girl who i recognized the drummer of Abby's band, Kill The Man, asked me. "You looked like uncle Jack."

"Me? Uncle Jack as in Jack Barakat?"

She nodded. "Yeah, and looks like Abby."

Before i could answer, my old friend wrapped her arm around her daughter's shoulder. "Ryane, you should take a shower."

Kara eyed me for a moment until she narrowed her eyes. "You looked familiar."

"That's what i'm trying to find out, mom.", Ryane rolled her eyes.

"Sorry about her. she's always like that.", Kara said.

I nodded. "Nah, it's okay. nice to meet you both."

"Nice to meet you too.", Kara smiled.