‹ Prequel: Check Yes Juliet

Should've Said No

I Can Show You I'll Be The One

"You look beautiful,mommy.", i rested my head on mom's shoulder and a wide smile was adorning my lips. "Really."

"Thank you, AJ.", she smiled back. we were in the bridal store, and she was trying out gowns and all i could do was gasping in surprise. for 14 years, i never seen my mom until now, i realized she was really beautiful. her brown hair fell down like a waterfall, her skin was fair but still white, her brown eyes feels warm, just like uncle Jack's. now, a long white side halter fitted gown wrapped her slim frame perfectly, with her hair put up into a bun.

"I could picture dad's expression when he sees you, walking down the aisle towards the altar.", i giggled as i helped mom fixing her bun.

"Oh god, don't make me nervous, Abby.", mom laughed. "I still have two weeks to prepare myself mentally."

"Well, i'll be here to help."

Mom picked the dress and the shopkeeper took it to the back to wrapped it in the box. i walked around the store and suddenly, from the glass window, looking out to the street, i saw Jason riding his skateboard, but he bumped onto the fire hydrant and fell face planted to the sidewalks. i gasped and ran out from the store, and towards him.

"Jason?! are you okay?", i knelt beside him and put his head on my lap. "Shit! look at your nose!"

"Abby.", he breathed. "Hey."

"Hey.", i giggled. people were walking and staring at us, but i didn't care. "What are you thinking?"

"I was just skating."

"And you hit a fire hydrant."

He chuckled and rubbed his forehead. "Ugh, head rush."

I rolled my eyes and helped him to stand up, sat him down on the nearest bench. his light brown hair was still glimmering under the Towson sun, and his greenish eyes were still sharp but sweet. "Here.", i handed him a piece of tissue. "To wipe the blood away."

"Thanks.", he smiled. "You know, you can laugh at me, you shouldn't be this nice to me."

"Why?"

"Abby, i did a really horrible thing to you, and i still can't believe you're helping me now, after what i did. your heart must be from gold."

I giggled and pushed some of my hair away from my face. "Well, dad taught me to not fight fire with fire. if someone did something bad to me, i shouldn't be mad at that person forever or planning a revenge. that would be wrong."

"I actually wanted to talk to you.", he took my hands and looked deeply into my eyes. "Abby, i love you."

His hands felt hot against mine, but i don't want to pull it away. after all these months, he loves me. after what he did, he loves me. i actually believe in what he said about he being possesed when he raped me, but i just need some truth. and those words are the truth. "Really?"

"Yeah. i never felt anything like this before."

He moved closer until our faces were only inches apart, but then, someone cleared her throat. "Abby."

I looked up and bit my lip. "Hey, mom."

"Who's this?", she eyed Jason. "I've never met him."

He carefully stood up and stuck his hand out. "I'm Jason, Abby's boyfriend."

Mom's eyes widened and smiled. "Hi, Jason. i'm Abby's mom."

"I've never seen you before, Mrs. Merrick."

"I just got back from a trip."

"You know, mom, we really need to get going.", i pulled mom back to the store. i looked back from my shoulder and saw Jason, throwing his arms to the air and shouted cheerfully. that made me smile.
***********
"Dad.", i knocked the door to uncle Jack's room, where he was watching Jeremy and uncle Jack playing Xbox. "Can i talk to you for a second?"

"Sure.", he got up from the bean bag and followed me out to the backyard. i closed the sliding the glass window and sighed. "I need to tell you something, dad."

"Shoot.", he smiled and sat down on the wooden garden chair.

I looked down to my feet and a sweat was falling off my forehead.

"Abby, is everything okay? why are you sweating bullets?"

"Dad, i got back together with Jason."

When i looked up to see dad's expression, his face were dimmed red with anger. his fists were curled into balls and white. "Are you insane?!", he growled as he shot up. "He raped you, Abigail!"

If dad called me by my full first name, i knew he really pissed. "He loves me, dad!"

"He just want to get in your pants!"

"No, he doesn't! that was a mistake and he regretted it!"

"How did you know, Abby?! you don't know what's going on his mind!"

"Well, do you?!", i screeched. that shuts him up. we just stood there, in tension. tears keep falling off my eyes, followed by sobs and sniffled. "I love him, dad. i love him."

Dad just kept on quiet and i scoffed. i ran out from the backyard to the garage, and out to the sidewalks. i don't know where i'm going, maybe Ryane's, but uncle Rian would call dad or mom about me, if i go to Stella's, it would be a good idea, but i couldn't stand the howling coming from uncle Alex and aunt Dana's room at night. i ended up running to the park and hid under the slide. the sky was darkening up and with a moment of time, fat droplets fell from the grey clouds.

I sat there, pulling my legs up to my chest. it was freezing but i don't want to go home. maybe mom and dad were fighting. i closed my eyes hardly, i don't want them to fight, and it's because of me.

"Abby!"

The distinct call was echoing. i poked my head out and saw a figure that really looked like dad's, jogging around the park, looking for me. i stepped out from under the slide and ran to him, like i was being chased. "Dad!"

He stopped and turned around. it was my dad. i tackled him into a hug and sobbed. "I'm sorry, dad."

"No, i should be the one who's sorry."

I pulled away and put on a confused look on my face. "What?"

"Jason came to our house and explained everything. i'm here to get you home."

"I wanna go home."

He nodded and kissed my temple. "Let's go."
********************
"Why can't i be pretty like you, mom?", i mumbled as i sat on the low chair in front of the vanity in her room. it was pretty and princess like. this is my favorite piece of the room. grandma insisted us to have the wedding in Maryland and aunt May found the cutest spot, which was at the local country club.

"You are, AJ.", she giggled and brushed my hair gently. "Can't you see our resemblance?", she tapped my nose. our noses were looked alike, but i got my eyes from dad. my hair was a combination between mom's and dad's, so it was darker than theirs.

"I bet you can't wait for the wedding."

"So much."
♠ ♠ ♠
Juliet's Gown

i have lots of ideas so maybe it will have...6 more chapters? i don't know