‹ Prequel: Check Yes Juliet

Should've Said No

In This Endless Summer,We Will Be Together

“I’m home!”, I called from the foyer. After a week vacation in the Bahamas with Jason and his family, I went home to California. I dropped my suitcase and walked inside. “Hey, mom.”

“Abby!”, Mom stood up and embraced me in a tight hug. “We missed you.”

“Missed you too.”, I giggled. Mom pulled me down to the sofa and I sat next to her. “So, tell me, how’s the Caribbean?”, she asked as she patted my hands.

I rolled my eyes. “No, you tell me how was France first.”

“Well, Cannes was amazing.”, she smiled. “We just couldn’t get enough of the beaches. You know why.”

“And you didn’t tell me that Abby’s home.”, dad walked into the living room with a grin spread on his lips. “Hey, Abby Jean.”

“Daddy!”, I launched up and tackled him into a hug. “I missed you. The beach reminds me of you, so it was driving me crazy.”

Dad laughed and rested his chin on the top of my head. “Come on, you’ve been with me for 14 years. You need some time alone.”

I shook my head. “What if I don’t wanna?”

“You don’t wanna get married, AJ?”, Mom giggled.

Those words reminded me of my last night at the Bahamas.
************
“The moon looks pretty tonight.”, I muttered as I laced my fingers with Jason’.

“No way, you’re prettier.”

“Pft.”, I rolled my eyes. “Come on, don’t be corny.”

“No, I’m not.”, he chuckled. “It’s the truth.”

I stopped at my track and smiled. “Thanks.”

Jason smiled and moved closer to me. I could feel his breath washed over my face. He cupped my chin and made me looked into his eyes. “I love you, AJ.”

“I love you too.”, I smiled. He leaned down and pressed his lips onto mine. The sound of the waves and our lips moving in synchronize were the only sounds I heard. It was amazing.

“I want to ask you something.”, he breathed when we pulled away for air. I took a step back and wiped my mouth a bit.

“Shoot.”

He pulled out a silver charm bracelet from his hoodie’ pocket. “I got this for you.”

My mouth hung open a bit when I saw the bracelet. There was a microphone, a sea shell, and a heart charms hanging from the chain. He took my hand and clung it around my wrist. “It looks good on you.”

“Thank you.”, I finally managed to choke out. “Thank you so much, Jason.”, the second one sounded clearer from the first.
“No problem.”, he smirked. “But, that bracelet is a promise bracelet.”

“What promise?”, one of my brows twitched.

He took my hand again and held it warmly. “I want you to promise me, you’ll always be mine. I’m not asking you to marry me now, but I’m asking you to wait until I’m ready to ask that. I know we’re still young, but I mean this. I wanna grow old with you, Abby. You’re amazing.”

His words made me dropped a tear. I nodded slowly and swallowed lump in my throat. “Yes, I promise.”

“Thank you.”, he kissed my temple and that completes the night.
*********
“Abby?”, Mom snapped me out of my mind. “You okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“Nice bracelet.”, mom took my hand and examined the bracelet. She touched the charms one by one and smiled. “Did Jason give this to you?”

I nodded. “Yeah.”

“You must’ve love him, huh?”

“Yes, I love him, mom.”, I answered quietly, not knowing where this conversation was going.

“I just hope you’ll be happy with him no matter what.”

“Of course.”

Dad was at the kitchen, getting ice cream for my homecoming, so I was alone with mom. Suddenly, mom sighed. “What’s wrong, mom?”

“I want to tell you something, Abby. Something your dad doesn’t know about yet.”

I scooted closer. “What is it?”

Mom took my hand and brought it onto her belly. She just smiled and looked into my eyes. in my mind, I tried to figured out what was she wanted to tell me, then suddenly, It was like someone shocked me with electricity from my spine. “YOU’RE PREGNANT?!”, I yelped.

“Abby!”, mom covered my mouth with her hand. “Your dad would hear that!”

“Well, why didn’t you tell dad yet?!”, I whispered.

“I want it to be a surprise.”, mom sighed.

“I’m sorry, mom.”

She nodded and I quickly threw my arms around her. This summer changed my life, and my family. Every pain, every laugh, every smile were amazing. Every memory would be restart with mom by our side.
♠ ♠ ♠
here it is. thank you soooooo much for the comments and for subscribing, and for savemefromtheworld or Dara for the banner, it's amazing:3
and please give my other stories(Katy's Summer, Twilight Of The Moon, Dakota Are You In Love With Me Too?) a chance,go read them and drop a comment:D
anyways,a new Zack story would be up tomorrow,since my modem is being a jerk.
please leave a comment for the last chapter,thank you
<3 dania