‹ Prequel: Check Yes Juliet

Should've Said No

Cause' I Get A Thousand Hugs,From Ten Thousand Lightning Bugs

I slipped on my charm bracelet into my wrist and sighed. looking at my own reflection in the mirror felt surreal. my heavy dark hair looked like my mom's while i got the greenish eyes from dad. my mind flashed back to the time when Kelly, or mom, gone mad yesterday.

"Hey, AJ.", aunt May walked into my room. "You ready?"

I nodded. "Yeah. how do i look?", i twirled once, showing her my midnight blue cocktail dress. "I s it too much?"

"No, you look amazing, Abby."

After she picked my shoes, we went downstairs and everyone was already there. i blushed because every eyes were on me. after i stepped down from the last step of the stairs, grandma embraced me in a hug.

"I can't believe my little Abby already grown up."

I hugged her back. "I'm still Abby Jean, Grandma."
***********
"Oh my god! you told them!", Stella slapped Jeremy's shoulder after he told everyone Stella's secret, which is likes to hide Ryane's candies in her bunk.

"You're so gonna pay for those!", Ryane gritted her teeth. the olders were laughing at them, while i chewed my steak quietly. my mind were occupied with my dim memory of mom. the last thing i could remembered was she's still dark haired.

"You okay, AJ?", Dad asked with concern drawn in his eyes.

"Yeah, i'm okay."

I looked around to the crowd in the restaurant. our table were the one outside, but there's another table. i narrowed my eyes to the guy. he was the youngest from the trio, consist of a woman, a man, and him. i think he was the son. he noticed me and smiled. pink bursts crept onto my cheek.

Ryane followed my stare and she choked on her soup. "Ryane, you okay?", Aunt Kara clapped her back to help.

"Abby!", Ryane exclaimed. "He's hot!", she hissed and grinned.

"I know!", i whispered. we glanced at the mystery guy again and he smiled back. quickly we turned our head.

"What are you guys doing?", Jeremy raised a brow.

"Nothing.", we lied smoothly.

Stella cocked her head to the side and gasped. "He's fucking hot!"

"Stella!", Uncle Alex scolded. "Language!"

Stella rolled her eyes and moved her seat closer to us. "Who's into him?"

"Abby.", Ryane pointed at me.

"Frontal much?", I rolled my eyes.

"Abigail Jean Merrick, you totally have to go there!", Stella whispered.

"Stella, he's having dinner. with his parents."

Ryane shrugged. "So? look at yourself, you too, boo."

After a few more arguments, Ryane pushed me up and i went to the bathroom. i don't know how, but the guy followed me to the bathroom. when we were out of sight, i turned around.

"Hi.", i said shyly.

He crooked a smile. "Hey, i noticed you were staring at me?"

"Sorry, that was my friends."

"Anyways, i'm Jason.", he stuck his hand out.

i took his hand and shook it. "Abby."

"You're Zack Merrick's daughter, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, you got that right."

"I'm a big fan of your dad's band."

"Kinda notice that.", i eyed his necklace. i recognized uncle Alex's pick anywhere.

He followed my stare and blushed. since when did guy blushes? "This is my dad's. he was a fan too."

"Wow, how old is our parents?", i giggled. "My dad doesn't even looked 34."

"Noticed that. from what i've seen, your dad hasn't changed since their second album--"

"Nothing Personal.", we said in unison. our eyes locked for a minute, then i looked away. his aqua blue eyes were cold, but warm to me. i just couldn't stand staring at them for too long.

"Anyways, Abby, can i get your number?", Jason asked quietly.

I was kind of stunned, but i played cool. "Sure."
***********
"Dad, this guy was freaking cute! i mean, like, adorable!", i hugged my pillow tighter when i told dad about Jason. "He's really, really cute."

"So that's why you spent 15 minutes in the bathroom.", he grinned as he spread the cover on me.

"But, dad, come on! he was really cute and he's fan of you!"

"Very flattering."

"Proved that you guys are legends! i mean, kids these days still likes you!"

Dad kissed my temple and walked to the door way. "Tell me about him in the morning, AJ. good night."

"Night, daddy.", then he closed the door. i turned around, facing the window. the moon light shined through the curtains and i shut my eyes, drifted to sleep, as i tried to get Jason in my dream.