Sequel: O Death

But You Don't Have A Heart

Dream

The water was so calm. The lapping of waves, so calming. The sky was the calmest shade of pink as the sun set in the distance. Melinda walked along the beach, looking out onto the ocean. She walked bare foot along the borderline of sea and sand. The breeze was ever so sensual on her skin. It was like a dream.

"You like it?" Castiel said from behind her. Melinda turned around slowly. She smiled at him sweetly. "Is this a dream?"
Castiel nodded as he stepped closer to her, looking out to the sea. Melinda turned her face to the breeze. "I've never been to an ocean before."
Castiel looked at her. His eyes matched the ocean almost perfectly. "This I know. I've arranged this for you." He replied. Melinda looked up at him. "Why would you do that?" She asked quietly. Castiel just stared at her, surprised of her cluelessness. He paused to study the woman before her. "Because it's what you have always wanted."

Melinda took a rapsy breath. Her heart fluttering. They shared a moment of silence in the surf. Castiel suddenly moved his arm into his coat pocket. "I've been... how you would say, studying human emotions." He pulled out a book on sociology and showed it to Melinda. She took the book into her hands and studied the cover, overwhelmed by Castiel's initiative. "Cas, if I didn't know any better I'd say you're trying to become human." Melinda half-joked. "The books, the making me dream wonderful dreams... Castiel, you don't have to do all of this."

Castiel just glared at Melinda. "I thought it would make you happy." Castiel said with zero emotion. However, If there was a word to describe his face, it would be hurt. Probably because Melinda had failed to acknowalge his efforts. Melinda handed him back the book, and looked deep into his eyes. Melinda meant to take back what she said. "It did. It did make me happy."

Castiel finally smiled. "I am... happy." He finished himself. Castiel took a step closer to Melinda, placing his hand on her shoulder, and lightly gripping it with his palm. Never once did he take his eyes from hers. "I think it is time for you to wake up." Castiel told her. Melinda slowly smiled. She savouried Castiel in her sights before clsoing her eyes.

The next thign Melinda knew as she opened her eyes was the comfort of blankets, pillows and a soft matress below her. It was dark, but she could still see the green walls of the motel. Sounds of her brothers snoring was a welcoming wake up call. The sun hadn't even thought about coming up yet, but Melinda found no trouble getting back to sleep. She dozed off with a smile on her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?<3
Yes, I realize this is short, and took me a while to update,
But I don't have that much of a following on this story, so I really don't feel too bad about it