Status: Finished

I Eat Cupcakes For Breakfast

I Eat Cupcakes For Breakfast

August's P.O.V

I try and cover up the bruise my father left me on my cheek. It's probably one of the biggest one's yet. I think he drank a little to much last night. If you aren't following, let me explain.

My name is August Rogers. I am a girl. My name may trick you into thinking otherwise. Anyways, I'm seventeen years old. I don't have any siblings, and thank God for that. I wouldnt be able to handle them if I did. You see, my mom died due to Breast Cancer when I was six years old, so I was left with my dad. My father was the best before mom died. He would tuck me in, read me stories, and take me to the park. But that was all in the past. Now, I tuck myself in, read myself stories, and well, I don't go to the park much.

My fathers life consists of going out to bars, drinking way to much, and bringing girls home. And I'm not talking mom worthy women. I'm talking about ladies that spend their whole time going to one guys house to the next. Some of those unlucky ladies end up pregnant.

What does my Father do about that? Nothing. He tells them to get an abortion. Which is the the worst thing possible to ever do. I'm sure those women do though. And if they don't, I honestly hope they don't keep them. If they keep the baby, my father will help them with nothing. He ignores the many calls, and changed our phone number countless times.

I'm nothing like my father. I would rather die than be like him. No, let me re-phrase that. I would rather have him die. I'm not some bratty daughter her gets everything she wants. I'm far from that actually. I never get what I want, unless I pay for it myself. I never ask for anything, because all I'll ever get is a beating. And trust me, those are no walk in the park.

I have one best friend. Her name is Anna Campbell. She's what you would call popular. And me? Far from it. I don't know how Anna and I became friends. We have barely anything in common. But I guess it doesn't matter. We are like sisters. Nothing could come between us. We know everything about eachother. Except, Anna has no clue about me being beaten. She justs thinks I fall a lot. I'm a naturally clumsy person, so these "I fell down the stairs" lies work perfectly. Some people arent that gullible though.

One person, and one person only knows about my abuse. And that one person is Lisa Fox. Doesn't it just sound evil? She was part of Anna and I's little group. I wasn't a big fan from the beginning, but I warmed up a little. Worst mistake I ever made right there.
I invited her to sleep over on a Saturday night. Knowing that my dad wouldnt be home untill Monday morning. Because he always sleeps...somewhere on Saturdays and Sundays. So we were eating a Pizza I order, just talking like regular sixth graders. Fully aware, I wasnt normal at all. It felt good just to pretend. I heard a car pull into the drive way. I stopped talking immiadiatly, and ran to a window. Sure enough my dad was getting out of His beat up station wagon with a girl hanging on his fat meaty arm.
I told Lisa to go upstairs. She looked confused but obeyed. I was freaking out by now. He opened the door and smirks at me. Knowing that evil smirk meant I was in for it.
He beat me all night. Even the girl helped. Some where along the line I passed out.

When I woke up, the house was empty. I managed to get to my room. Lisa and her stuff was gone. There was a note though. It told me about how she's never going to speak to me again, and how big of a freak I was. It also said she was going to tell everyone. She didn't though. No one knows. I still wonder why she didn't.

I give up on trying to cover the hidious mark, and try and make the rest of me decent. I brush my long brown hair and put a black head band with a bow attached to it in my hair. Then I put on a pair of black skinny jeans and a plain green shirt. With a black hoodie over it to hide my other bruises. I grab my backpack and poke my head into the hall way. Empty. My dad will be home in a few minutes so I run down the tiny stairs and into the kitchen. I grad the last cookie and a blue gatorade, and run out the door.

I'm saving up to buy a car. Since my dad definetly won't help, I have to buy it with my own hard work. So that means, I have to walk to school. And it's winter. So it's cold, snowing, and windy. I love this weather. No sarcasm intended. I have to sun. No offence to him or anything, but it's to bright. And happy. I like rain and snow. I put my hood up and begin my lond, cold journey to my prison.

When I get to a point when I have to cross the road, Robin and Chris are there. Robin and Chris are my other, semi-close friends. They're awesome, but they often question my bruised self.

"Hey guys." I say quietly as I aproach them. Robin turns around first, seeing my face. She gasps.

"Holy crap! August, what happened?" Robin asks studying the huge mark on my face. I shrug.

"I fell." I lie simply.

"Augs, you definetly don't get this from falling." Chris says. Robin nods.

"I agree." She chirps. I roll my eyes.

"But I did." Me and my lying self. I wonder what mom would think. She can't blame me.

"Whatever. I'm letting it go for now." She says annoyed. I chuckle and nod.

"Good."

We finish walking to school, and when we get there I stop and look around for Anna. I spin in a circle, looking. Finally I spot her by a car. Talking to someone. I squint my eyes, trying to see who it is. I sigh my already crappy mood, dropping my the second.

She's talking to Nate.
♠ ♠ ♠
I started writing this on Quizilla, but decided I wanted to write it on here.