Status: Finished

I Eat Cupcakes For Breakfast

Just Friends

August's P.O.V.

I wipe my cheeks and face, even though it's hopeless. The tears don't stop. I hiccup and giggle. Robin smiles and Chris laughs.
"Your laughing because you hiccuped?" Chris asks me. I smile and nod.

"Hiccups sound really funny." I say, my voice hoarse. They both chuckle. Then turn serious.

"Soo...uh August...Care to explain?"Robin asks, looking me straight in the eye. Knowing my weakness. I can never look people in the eye. It's way to difficult for me. I look down at my hands and sniffle. Chris raises an eyebrow and taps my shoulder.

"Explain. Or I won't give you a cupcake." He tells me. God! They know me to well. I sigh and they both stare at me.

"Okay...well I ran away from my dad. And Chris if you don't know about that I'll explain later, but anyways no one answered their phones so I called Nate. He picked me up and took me to his house. I stayed the night and then we were to tired to go to school so we decided to skip. I was still sore from friday and well, we just didnt want to go. So this morning we went to the park and It was going great and then Amelia showed up. Amelia is Nate's long distance girlfriend of I think three years. And me being stupid, I fell for him. Yep, fell down the stairs into the basement and broke my leg. I fell that bad. The whole time this morning they were sucking faces and well me, I just couldnt handle it. I cried and cried. On the way home all they did was flirt and kiss. By the time we got home I went upstairs and cried my eyes out." I say taking a deep breath. I check their reactions. And they look confused as hell.

"So then I went downstairs, hungry. They were..yeah you guessed it once again eating face. I serperated them. Nate, the guy who took me in, and for once had a heart was gone. The old Ass wipe of a guy came back. I went to watch Tv with Andrew, a friend of Amelia, and they came in telling us about how they were going upstairs to his ROOM and that we shouldnt bother us. Thats when I exploded. I just coulnd't handle it. I screamed at him. And he didn't come after me when I ran. I think that's what hurt most." I say crying softly as I finished. Robin had tears in her eyes.

"Oh my God. I'm so sorry Auggie." She says gathering me into a hug. I hug her tightly. When I look at Chris, he looks completely confused. I chuckle a little. Now the secrets come out.

"Long story short, My dad beat me ever since my mom died." I say quietly. He frowns and gives me a bear hug. I laugh and hug him back.

"Why havnt you told Anna?" Chris asks. I shrug.

"I dunno. No one new untill a few weeks ago. I dont know why this year everyone found out." I tell him. He nods.

"Sooo...you fell for Nate?" Robin asks, cocking her head to the side. I nod.

"Hard." I mummble.

"If he dumps Amelia...Will you give him a chance?" She asks. I shrug.

"I honestly don't know. Can I sleep here tonight...since I don't have anywhere else to go." I ask her. She purses her lips.

"I dunno. My parents will find out and I'll have to explain and then they will turn your dad in. So do you think you could stay at Chris'?" Robin asks. We both turn to Chris with hopefull looks. He smiles and nods.

"Of course. You know I live with my sister. And she won't care. You're welcome to stay for as long as you want." Chris says happily. I smile and hug him.

"Thanks Chrissy kins." I say hugging him. He frowns. He hates the nickname.

"Chrissy kins?Why not something more manly?" He asks with fake pout. I laugh.

"Then it wouldnt fit with you." I say. Robin and I start laughing really hard and Chris sticks his tounge out at us. Eventually giving in and laughing also. They really know how to lift my mood.

*****************************************************************************

Chris and I are grabbing my bags, getting ready to leave when I realize that I'm missing my guitar.

"Shit. Chris I need it." I say sadly. He frowns.

"Can we get it tomorrow?" He asks. I nod sadly.

"I guess." I mummble. He chuckles.

"Now, now lets not be Ms.Grumpy pants." He says pushing me slightly. I laugh and we start walking towards his house, which is only a few blocks away.

When we walk through the front door Chris' older sister Cammie walks into the hallway. She smiles at me. She's about twenty three. Chris' mom and dad died a few years ago and Cammie takes care of him. I've only met her a few times, but she's really nice.

"Hey August." She says smiling at me. I smile back.

"Hi Cammie." I reply quietly. She notices my bags and gives me a questioning look. Chris takes over.

"Family problems and I told her she could stay with us. Is that okay?" He asks hopefully. Cammie grins and nods.

"Of course, and it will be fun to have a girl in the house. When my Mike comes over it's all boys. No gossip and girl talk. It's complete torture. Well, Since you and Chris are just friends...can I trust you guys sharing a room?" She asks grinning more. Both Chris and I blush.

"Cammie! Of course we can." Chris says running up the stairs with two of my bags. Cammie and I laugh.

"Okay, Well I'm making dinner. I'll call you guys when it's ready." Cammie tells me. I nod.

"Mmkay. Thanks Cam. For both" I say smiling. She smiles back.

"No problem. And If you want to talk, just let me no." She walks out of the hall and into the kitchen I run up the stairs and into Chris' messy room. I laugh.

"Messy much?" I ask him. He sticks out his tounge.

"Whatever. I'll clear out one of my dressers and you can have one. And I'll give you half the closet. And If you want I'll sleep on the floor." He explains. I roll my eyes.

"We can share the bed. No worries. Or I'll sleep on the floor." I say sitting on his bed. He laughs.

"We can share. Since neither of us want the floor." We both laugh again.

For the rest of the time we talk about random stuff. About our families and school Untill Cammie calls us for dinner. We walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. It smelled great. Like my moms cooking. I grin and sit down at a chair. Once they both settle into a chair we start eating and talking about random stuff. Nothing inparticular. Except my family somehow got into the conversation, but Chris thankfully changed it.

You jut gotta love him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is kind of pointless and a filler but it fills you in on things that will be happening later.

And Thanks for the comments.

Any ideas? Let me know. I would love ideas