Status: Finished

I Eat Cupcakes For Breakfast

Chapter 3- Ditzy Girls and Jerky Guys

Augusts P.O.V

Throughout the whole day Nate is staring at me. I have most of my classes with him. He may be drop dead gorgeous, but he's annoying. I tried staring back but I kept blinking. I gave up. So he didn't want a staring contest...

I walk slowly down the school steps. From one prison to the next. What did i do God? With my backpack limp on my shoulder I walk over the Anna and her group. Saying goodbye.

"Hey Annie." I say with fake happiness visible in my voice. But Anna, being a clueless best friend wouldnt notice.

"Hey Auggie!" she squeals giving me a hug.

"I'm just saying bye." I say letting go of her embrace. She grins.

"OH my goodness! I asked Nate out!" She says loudly. A lot of passerbys stop and look.

"Really? What did he say?" I ask curiously. Her grin that is still plastered on her face doesn't falter. Telling me either he said yes or did something else.

"He said...Maybe!" She practically screams the last part in my ear. Maybe? Well...That's my best friend for ya. I wouldn't want her any other way.

"That's great hun. Look, I gotta get going. I'll call you later." I say walking away.

"Bye! Love you!" She shouts. Fully aware other people can hear her. And that's what I love about her. She'll scream she loves me in front of millions of people and not care. I smile, my mood lifting a little.

"Love you too!" I shout back. She waves and starts talking to her friends. She kind of reminds me of a five year old. Care-less and always happy. I wish I was more like Anna. And of course while I wasn't paying attention I run into someone. And you both fall into the wet and muddy slush.

"Ahhh Shit." The guy mutters madly. He stands up and looks down at me.

"Sorry." I mummble.

"S'okay."

"Ummm...Nate? I just made you fall over into the slush and your not swearing or calling me names...Are you okay?" I ask him, wiping off my now wet clothes. He chuckles a bit then stops.

"Wanna ride home?" He asks. That surprises me even more.

"Nate, I think your sick." I tell him, laughing a little. I turn around and start to walk. But someone grabs my arm.

"I'm driving you home. You all wet, and it's starting to snow again. You're going to freeze your but off if you walk." Nate tells me pulling me towards the passenger side of the car. He opens the door for me.

"Thanks." I mummble getting in. He nods and goes around the car. When he gets in he turns the heat up. I shiver.

"See. I told you." He says smirking a little. I roll my eyes.

"It was the change in temperature Nathan." I say using his real name. He rolls his eyes and pulls out of the school parking lot. I turn on the radio and this weird rap song is on. I scrunch up my nose and change the station. I get to one and stop. Fireflies is playing by Owl City.

"I love this song." I say to myself. Nate gives me a side glance and relaxes in his seat.

"You like owl city?" He asks, kind of surprised. I nod.

"I love them." I say singing loudly along. He chuckles at my bad singing, and I glare at him.

"I may have a bad voice, but that doesnt stop me." I tell him in a snobby tone. He rolls his eyes.

"You don't have a bad voice. You're quite good actually." He says. I raise both of my eye brows.

"Did Nate Evans just give me a complement?" I ask smirking. He rolls his eyes again.

"You're welcome. So, which house?" He asks turning into my neighbor hood.

"That one over there. The two story, small one." I say pointing to my disgrace of a house. He gives me a weird look and pulls into the empty drive way. I thank god in my head for my father not being home yet.

"Well, thanks for the ride." I say grabbing the door handle.

"Wait! Umm...You know the Mayday Parade concert that I got tickets to?" He asks quietly. I nod hiding my smile.

"Robin told me you were a huge fan, and well, I have noone else to invite so do you want to come?" That's when I nearly peed myself.

"Oh My God! Yes yes yes! Thank you! Thank you!" I practically scream hugging him from across the car.

"Ummm..no problem. Here's my number. Call me tonight if you want the details." He says handing me a peice of paper. I nod, still grinning like a mad women. He laughs softly. As I'm getting out of the car my dad is getting out of his. I swear to myself and close the door of Nate's Jeep. My dad grabs my arm a little to tightly. I cringe and wave weakly to Nate. My dad doesn't like that so he slaps my face. I look at Nate with wide eyes. His face is pale. He pulls out of our drive way and drives away.

My dad drags me into the house and throws me across the room and I land on our cheap glass coffee table. The glass breaks at my weight and the glass presses into my skin. I scream loudly but my dad comes over and punches my face. Right where my bruise is. He continues to punch my face. Then he starts pulling my hair. Then he does something weird. He picks me up and drops me on the floor. I dont know why. He continues to do so untill after I bloody and have glass in nearly every part of my body.

He walks away. He walks out of the house and drives away quickly. I try to get up. By the time I'm on my knees holding onto the table for support, someone's head pokes through the doorway. And it's not someone I really want to see.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short. I'll get another Chapter thing out later tonight.