Status: Finished

I Eat Cupcakes For Breakfast

Thankyou

Nate's P.O.V.

I see August get slapped and my heart stops cold. I know that she see's me, with my worried sick expression on my face. She smiles weakly at me, but it doesn't help. I pull out of her drive way and drive for a minute. Trying to process what just happened, into my head. I spot an abandoned park and pull into it. I sigh and turn off my car. I sit for a second, before getting out and stepping into a pile of snow. I start walking towards August's old, messed up house.

The neighbor hood she lives in is old, and dangourous. Like wacked up people live here. I thought she might've lived on the richer side of town. Because her friend...Anna i think, lives there. But I guess not. I aproach her house and the man that i assume is her father is drives away quickly. I purse my lips and jog up to the front door. I knock softly on the door. After a few minutes of waiting I just open the door, which is thankfully unlocked, and walk in.

It's a kitchen at first. A staircase to my left, and a doorway to my right. I walk through the doorway and there's splatters of blood on the wall, and floor. I frown. That doesn't look good. There is another doorway. I walk towards that one and poke my head through it. I see August trying to stand up. Her whole body, from what I can see, is covered in blood and cuts. I run over to her and help her stand. She puts all of her weight on me.

"You okay?" I ask. She shakes her head wairly.

"Dizzy." She mummbles. I frown.

"First aid?" I ask. She points to the stairs. I nod and I pick her up bridal style. She giggles a little then cringes. I give her a curious look.

"It hurts to laugh." She says grinning. I laugh and carry her up the stairs. I stop.

"Now where?" I ask. She slowly points to a door at the end of the hallway. I walk quickly to it. It's the bathroom.

"Cabinet." She says quietly. I nod again and hold her one armed and open the cabinet. I see the huge first aid. I pick it up and carefully walk to her room. Which I guessed where it was. I got it right. I set her down on her small bed. She leans against her pillow and closes her eyes. I nugde her softly. Her big brown eyes open giving me an annoyed look.

"You might have a concussion. Stay awake." I demand softly. She nods.

"Take off your sweatshirt." I tell her. She nods again and carefully takes it off. She's wearing a green shirt that fits her well. Her arms are bleeding and have glass poking out all over the place. I scrunch up my nose and open the first aid kit. I pick up the tweezers and take out a few peices of glass. She is whimpering every now and then. I smile a little then notice more blood is falling. I purse my lips.

"Towel or washcloth?" I ask her.

"third drawer of my purple dresser." She replies. I walk over to it and take an older towel and walk to the bathroom. I wet half the towel and go back to her room. I wipe off her arms and take out the rest of the glass on her arms. I get gauze and wrap it around both of them. She giggles.

"What's so funny?" I ask. She grins and holds her arms out in front of me.

"I look like a zombie." She says giggling more. I chuckle and smile.

"Your legs." I say pointing to them. She nods and gets up. She slowly walks to her silver dresser. Taking a pair of black running shorts.

"Close your eyes." She demands. I laugh and turn around. Closing my eyes. After a few minutes of struggling, she finishes. I turn around. Her legs arent cut up so bad. But do have glass in them. I motion for her to sit on the bed again. She salutes and laughs. I roll my eyes and take the glass out of her gets. Then I wash them off. Them wrap them up.

"Definetly mummy worthy." She says observing her arms and legs.

"What about your stomache? Or chest? Or back?" I ask her. She narrows her eyes smiling.

"Your not that lucky Nate. I'm pretty good. Maybe one or two on my back and a few on my stomache but...i'm good." She says patting her stomache. I know her though.

"Lift up your shirt. I'm not gunna be perverted or anything." I say. She glares at me and lifts up her shirt up to the bottom of her chest. Her stomache is bloodly and has a lot of glass in it. She turns around so I can see her back. It's proabably the worse part. I sigh and start taking the glass out of her there. Once I finish that I wash her off and move to her stomache. I do the same thing. And wrap her up. Once I do that she puts her shirt down.

"Thanks Nate. A lot." She whispers. I nod.

"Your welcome." I say sitting on her bed across from her.

"Why'd you come? Or how'd you know?" She asks me. I smile.

"I saw you get slapped. I knew something was wrong right then." I say smirking. She sighs.

"Well okay. But you hate me. Why would you help me?" She asks. I shake my head in a disapointed way.

"August, I may be a jerk but I won't let you almost die. I'm not evil." I say smiling. She smiles.

"You could have." She tells me sadly. I nod.

"Yeah. Could've. But I would never." I say the last part quietly. After a moment of silence August starts talking.

"You can't tell." She says to me. I give her an incredulous look.

"You've got to be kidding me August." I say frowning.

"I know he almost killed me...but...I only have one and a half years left. Then I'll leave. I don't want to yet. I love my friends." She tells me sadly, tears starting to fall. I sigh and walk over to her.

"Fine."

"Really?!" she asks confused yet completely happy. I nod.

"Yeah."

"Thankyou."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it was all in Nates P.O.V but I wanted to put it in his. To give you an idea of what he feels. And how he may like her.