Status: Finished

I Eat Cupcakes For Breakfast

I'm no cutter!

August's P.O.V

My phone starts to ring. I check the caller I.D. It's Anna. I smile and answer.

"Hey Annie." I say happily. Annie sighs.

"August! Thank goodness you answered!" She says with relief in her voice.

"Why what's wrong?" I ask, worry filled in my voice.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to go to Starbucks or the mall!" She tells me happily. I laugh.

"How about the mall? I havent been there in forever." I say.

"Okay! I'll pick you up in ten. And I'll pick out your outfit. It's nice out and your not wearing long sleeved shirts and jeans!" She tells me. I sigh.

"Oh c'mon Anna! You're not my stylist! I'll wear A short sleeve shirt. But i'm wearing jeans."

"Fine. I'll be right over."

"Kay. Bye, love you." I say

"Love you to. Bye." She hangs up first. I close my phone and walk over to my drawer. I look through my drawer. I grab my favorite Nevershoutnever t-shirt and yellow skinny jeans. I walk into the bathroom and turn the water on cold. I unwrap my body. Which is covered in bandages. I walk into the shower and turn the water on warm. I let the water run over me. I start thinking about nothing. When Nate comes into my mind.

I turn the water off and wrap myself into a towel. I hear footsteps outside. I wrap the towel tighter around my body and freeze. The door opens. I hold my breath.

"There you are!" Robin exclaims. I sigh in relief. But then notice that my cuts are extremely visable. Her eyes are glued to my arms and legs. Her jaw drops. She closes it and looks down at me. Robin raises her eye brows and purses her lips. Giving me a "You better explain look" I sigh and look up at her.

"Let me change. Anna and I are going to the mall. Why don't you join us." I say pushing her out of the room. She nods and walks to my room. I get changed quickly and the cuts are visible on my arms. I shrug, no hiding it now. Even though Anna is going to be here. Crap. She can't find out. I grab my cell phone that's on the counter. I dial her number. She answers on the second ring.

"Auggie!"She squeals. I smile weakly to myself.

"Hey Annie. Did you leave yet?" I ask her.

"I'm still getting ready. I was going to leave in a minute. Why?" She asks with a worried voice.

"Ummm...something came up. Can you pick me up in an hour. Or can I hitch a ride with Robin?" I ask. She sighs.

"Oookay. Tell Robin I said hi! I'll meet you at the front of the mall in twenty minutes. Is that okay?" She asks. I nod. Then remembering she can't see me. I chuckle lightly.

"Yeah. Well, i gotta go. Love you hun." I tell her.

"Love you to. C'ya." She replies hanging up. I put my phone in my pocket and walk slowly to my room. I wonder why Robin is here. If Nate said one word...

I walk into my room and Robin is sitting on my bed playing with a string on her shirt. I clear my throat and she looks up. Sadness in her eyes.

"August...what's going on?" She asks. Worry filled in her voice. I sigh and sit on my bed also.

"It's a long story. " I say quietly. Robin nods.

"I've got time." She tells me patting my knee. I chuckle a little.

"You've got twenty minutes. We are going to the mall with Anna." I say. Robin laughs.

"Okay. Well, start talking hun."

"Well, You know my mom died when I was six. My dad started drinking. Then he started bringing girls home. He basically abandoned me. Then one day, I was home alone. On my seventh birthday. I was devastated. No mom to wish me a happy birthday. And my daddy was gone. No one was with me. Anna was out of town. And I hadn't met you yet. I had no family. I was alone. I was a kid by myself. On her birthday. No cake, presents, no anything."

"Then I was crying myself to sleep the same day, my daddy came home. Drunk. With a girl with him. He walked into my room. Smirking and had this look in his eye, right then i knew I was in trouble. He started to slap me. He pushed me into walls. Eventually he stopped but I was only seven. I had no idea what to do. No one to talk to. The only person that kept me going was my mom. I cried every night. I still do. I miss her so much. As I got older, I got used to the fact that she's never coming back. And I just want her to come back. I need her." I say sobbing. Robin gives me a huge hug. I sob into her shoulder. She just hugs me.

When I calm down a little she lets go of me and has a million questions in her eyes.

"Is that why...your arms? Your dad?" She asks softly. I nod.

"Yeah. But Robin, you can't tell anyone. Really." I tell her wiping my cheeks. She narrows her eyes at me.

"But Aug! Look at you! This is terrible." Robing says gesturing to my arms. I shrug.

"Nate knows." I whisper.

"What!? How!?" She asks loudly.

"He drove me home yesterday and he saw my dad slap me. Then when my dad left, he came back. And....helped me." I say smiling. Robin smiles back at me.

"You like him?" She asks in more of a statement than a question. I shrug.

"No." I blush a little. She smirks.

"Do to. You just don't want to admit it." She tells me. I roll my eyes.

"He treated my like shit for who knows how long and now you expect me to like him?!" I ask her. She shrugs.

"People change Auggie." Robin tells me quietly. I cross my cut arms across my chest.

"Yeah. And some people dont."

"Whatever. So should we get going?" Robin asks standing up. I nod following her. She looks at my arms.

"What about your arms? People will see them." She tells me. I shrug.

"Let them."

"August. No. Cover them." She demands. I sigh and put on my black zip up hoodie. But I don't zip it. I'm cutting it loose. I smile to myself and follow Robin out of my house. We get into her red neon. The ride is silent. Except the quiet Chase Coy playing in the background.

**************************************************************

We walk into the front entrance of the mall, and find Anna flirting with some random guy. He is the all american boy. Blonde hair, blue eyes, tall, and all that crap I hate in a guy. He looks at me with disgust. Then he looks back at Anna as she hugs me.

"What?" She asks. Pure inosence in her voice. He looks at my arms. Part of my sleeve is revealing a few cuts that are healing from the glass.

"Cutter. Uggg you people disgust me. Your a disapointment to the world. Why don't you just kill yourself. Make room for more usefull people in the world." He spats at me. I roll my eyes.

"Before you butt into other peoples life, why don't you get your facts straight. Asshole." I spat right back at him. His jaw drops. He puts it back into place and steps closer to me.

"Watch your mouth bitch before you talk to me like that." He growls at me. I step closer to him.

"Watch your mouth doushe bag. And just to let you know, I would rather die than talk to you. So why don't you scurry along to ambercrombie and buy yourself some tight little shirt." I say pushing his chest with my finger and walking away with Robin laughing so hard and Anna smirking. I smile happily and walk to the elevator. On my way to Hot Topic.

When the three of us enter Hot Topic Nate and Chris are there. Working. I didn't know they did. I glance at Robin and Anna. Anna is looking at these cute heels while Robin runs over to them. I walk up to them also.

"Hey Nate, Hey Chris."I say waving. They smile at me. Nate.Smiles.At.Me. I'm so confused. I bet it's all out of pity. I frown a little.

"Oh my goodness! Auggie, I found your size! I'll buy them for you!" Annie screams from across the store. I smile and walk over to you. They are pretty awesome shoes. I nod and say yeah. She grins and picks them up. I walk around. I stop at these purple and black plaid skinny jeans. Love at first sight. I pick them off the rack and head to the dressing room. I put them on. And may I say I look awesome? I step out of the changing room, still wearing them.

"Guys! How do these look?" I ask them. Anna, Robin, Nate, and Chris some running over. They all smile at me. Or grin. Whichever you perfer.

"Buy them." Chris says. I laugh.

"That's just cause' you want the money." I say smiling. He nods.

"And because you look awesome in those pants. Buy them women!" He yells pushing me back into the dressing room. I did bring a few extra dollars with me...

I walk out of the changing room with my new pants folded in my hands. I walk up to the band shirts. I look up at all of them. Someone walks up next to me.

"How are you doing?" He asks.

"Pretty good. Alive. Dad doesn't come home till tomorrow." I tell him. He nods.

"Call me when he leaves. So I can help you out. And does Robin know? She seems to be looking at you with something in her eyes." He asks.

"If this is all out of pity Nate, stop. I don't want any. If you don't really care, I dont want to hear it." I say madly. I don't know why I snapped. Nate has a shocked look on his face. I start crying and run out of the store. Dropping my pants on my way out. I run to the bathroom, people giving me strange looks while passing. I put my back against the wall and slide down slowly. Tears keep falling. A few people that were in there give me weird looks and hurry off. I wrap my arms around my legs.

Just hoping to disapear. For once in my life, I have nothing to live for.

Screw mom. Screw my friends.

Screw it all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay. This is actually a long chapter. Don't worry. It will get better. And thanks for the comments everyone. And all of you suscribers I thank you.