Status: Finished

I Eat Cupcakes For Breakfast

You Don't Care

Augusts P.O.V

I walked home from the mall. It was long and cold. Since it's December, it was snowing like crazy. When I got home I was frozen. I was shivering like mad and I seriously thought my toes had frost bite. I walk quickly to my room and change into some sweats and a Mayday Parade shirt. I toss my hair into a messy ponytail and collaspe onto my bed. I just sit there thinking. I feel terrible. Tears are threatning to fall from my eyes. I close them tightly and take a deep breath.
The doorbell rings. I sigh and get up. I walk down the stairs. The doorbell keeps ringing. I roll my eyes. Impatient much? I open the door. It's Nate. I raise an eyebrow and wipe my eyes. We both stay silent.

"Can I come in?" He asks. I shrugs and step aside. He walks in rubbing his hands together to keep warm. I walk into the living room and sit on the old, used couch. Nate follows and sits in an arm chair that's across from me.

"Sooo...about the mall..." Nate says trying to break the awkward silence. Not suceeding at all. I shrug.

"What about it?" I ask, trying to play dumb. He rolls his eyes.

"You yelled at me and ran out of the store sobbing. And walked home. In the coldest weather." He says. His voice almost angry. I shrug again.

"August. Please tell me whats wrong. I want to help you. And not out of pity." Nate says...begs.

"Why do you care. All you ever did was make fun of me. While I was going through hell, you made it worst. Now you all the sudden care. It doesn't make sense." I tell him. He rolls his eyes and sighs.

"I do care. I don't want you to be hurt. So why can't you just let me be and tell me why you did what you did." He demands. His voice rising. I feel water running down my cheeks. I touch them and sure enough i'm crying. I'm such a wimp. I wipe my eyes and bring my knees to my chest.

"My mom." I whisper.

"What about her?"

"I miss her. And I need her." I say quietly. I glance at Nate. Sympathy filled in his eyes. I start sobbing and Nate walks over to me and embraces me into a hug. I sob into his chest, making his shirt all wet. I start to laugh a little. He looks down at me.

"What's so funny?" He asks. I smile and point to his shirt.

"Your shirt is all wet. I'm sorry." I whisper. He chuckles.

"Ahh don't worry. I don't really like this shirt much anyways." He says. I smile and lay my head on his chest, listening to his heart. It's beating faster. I smile a little and giggle. I touch his knee and his heart goes really fast. I mentally laugh realizing that I make him nervous. I move my hand slowly across his leg and rest it on his thigh. His heart is going fast. Really fast. I just keep my hand there. Not wanting to give him a heart attack. That'd be bad. I sigh and cuddle into his side. He wraps in arm around me, pulling me closer to him. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

**************************************************************

When I wake up in the morning I realize that I'm in my bed. Then It all came back. My horrible day. And then I remember that today is Sunday. Dad is coming back. Maybe if I go to Robin's or Anna's for awhile. Then I won't have to be home. Yeah! I'm running away. I start packing everything into bags. Pictures of me and my family from before and my guitar. It was my moms' before she died. I took it before my dad found it. I smile and stroke the white wood. It's a beatuiful white one. It doesn't have a name, or brand one like that. It's just a white old guitar. That I love. I put it in it's case and dial Robin's number into my phone. She doesn't answer. I hurry because my dad will be here in around twenty minutes. I call Anna, No answer. Then I call Nate. He answers on the second ring.

"Hello?" He asks confused.

"Hey Nate." I say quietly.

"What's wrong? Is your dad back?" He asks with worry in his voice. I smile.

"No. I was wondering if I could stay at your house for awhile. I don't know how long. I'll pay you and stuff if you want, but i'm running away." I tell him quickly.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Really."

"Okay. I'll come pick you up now. I'll be there in ten minutes." He tells me. We say goodbye and I take my stuff down the stairs and to our small backyard. Just in case my dad comes home earlier than usual.

After waiting for about five minutes I hear a car pull into the driveway. My heart rate speeds up a notch or two and I clutch my things. It's completely quiet. Except for a girl giggling. Shit.

I walk around the house slowly. Then I hear my dad yelling my name. And when he here's no answer he goes mad. I start to run as the front door opens.

"August! Get your bitchy fat ass in this Damn house right now!' He screams running after me. I start to sprint away from him My things held tightly in my grip. After awhile he starts to slow down, but doesn't stop. I see Nates car coming up the street. When he gets closer and see's me he stops the car and I jump in quickly. Once I close the door my dad aproaches. Nate starts to drive away really fast. I sit back and close my eyes. I'm panting like an idiot and I can hear my heart beating like crazy.

"I'm so sorry." He apologizes. I give him a strange look.

"For what?"

"Being late."

"You werent late. My dad was early. Don't worry. I'm just glad you came. And thanks for taking me in. It was really random, but no one is answering their phones." I say quietly. He shrugs.

"Don't worry about it. My parents are never home. Really. Only my older brother Eddie. He's twenty, but still living with us. He's a real pain. And will proabably hit on you. So I'll talk to him. Make sure he backs off and all. He can be a perv." He explains. I smile.

"I don't mind. As long as my dad can't find me, I'm okay." I say. He smiles back at me and pulls into a medium sized house. It's an older one, but really cute. like the ones with the swing in front hanging on the tree, with the wrap around pourch. I grin. It's always been my dream home. I get out of his car grabbing my things. Five bags and my guitar. One of the bags being my bookbag. I don't have much. Nate grabs most of my bags and brings them to the front door. I open it with my free hand and he holds it open for me.

"Thanks." I say quietly. He nods and closes the door. Setting my bags down he yells for Eddie.

"Eddie, I'm home!" He screams. An older version of Nate comes trampling down the stairs. He smirks at me.

"Hey there beautiful." He says in a flirty voice. I roll my eyes giving him a disgusted look. Though i'm blushing. Nate rolls his eyes.

"Eddie, back off." He tells him, grabbing my wrist and pulling me gentely into a room that looks like a den. It is way better than the living room in my house. It has light brown walls and Has a cream colored couch and two brown leather recliners, with two lamps and a wide screen tv. I smile and look around amazed. It's cozy. Not open and modern like Anna's house.

It's like a real home.

A place I've always wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know if you want me to change the layout. It's kind of weird making it to the side and stuff. So if you do, leave a comment or message me. thanks. Hope you liked it. It's kind of a filler.