Status: Work In Progress

Attatched at the Lips

Ticking Time Bomb

The next morning when we stopped for breakfast I called Damien really quickly and asked him to be careful. I didn't make it sound awkward, just that I was concerned and cared about him. He wouldn't think anything of it, but I thought everything of it. I didn't know if I could handle not having him around, especially with the baby now, even if it was early on in the pregnancy.
Before I knew it, we were in the car again and Phil was trying to get us as far as possible now, so that mom wouldn't have to worry about really getting anywhere tonight. The less she had to think about driving the better, because I really don't want to end up in some odd ball place and miss my first check up for the baby.
The rest of the ride continued a lot like that as we moved from Pheonix to Jacksonville. I would occasionally call Damien and Bella when I could and talk for a little bit, but it wasn't the same as being with them.

I went to school for a few days and today it clicked. I remember when Vex talked to me on the phone and she told me to look out for people who were insanely strong, attractive and fast. I already knew that there were a family of people here who were all extremely beautiful, but I had no idea how fast or strong they were. And they also had the unmistakeable golden eyes. They were the Cullens, and they didn't seem like they were all that bad. So I wonder why Vex told me to look out for people with those characteristics...
The next day at school I sat with Angelina and Jessica at lunch, like I had every day so far and while I was eating I really took the time to look at each of the Cullen's. Vecona said one was very muscular, with short brown hair and the other was smaller with copper hair. As I was thinking about these characteristics it seemed to me that two of the Cullens, Emmett and Edward I think were their names, matched this perfectly. They seemed harmless enough for now, but from past experience I know I should stay away... I just hope that this time I can.

A few days later we were settling inside of our home in Jacksonville, but it didn't feel like home. The missing bed in my room made me feel more lonely than one can imagine, and every morning I looked down the street to see that Damien's home was not even close. I almost always had my hand placed lovingly and protectively over my stomach which, whether it be a trick of my eyes or not, seemed to have a small bump. And every time I saw that small bump on my frame I thought back to my dream where it disappeared, and the sinking feeling that though my, by then large, stomach will shrink I don't think I'll get my baby.
I looked at the time and decided it was as good a time as any to make a call to Damien, but he never answered. The sinking feeling in my gut grew, so I called Bella.
"Hello?" came a muffled voice from the other end of the line.
"Bella, it's Vecona." I said in a tired voice. She picked up on my voice, and my use of my full name and inquired of it.
"What's wrong Vex, you sound terrible."
"I can't stop thinking about that dream I had a while ago."
"Yeah, you didn't really tell me much about it. Care to fill me in?" she asked. I sighed, and though she wouldn't see it I nodded.
"Sure, sure." I said and started walking towards my lonely room. "So, it was you, me and Damien all standing in a dark forrest, I don't think we've ever been there before. Out of no where, voices started calling out in a raspy tone, like they were being masked by something. They said, "as if you could outrun me, as if you could fight me off, I was made to kill you, everything about me draws you in," and then three of them started attacking Damien. There was a girl and two boys who killed him, with bright red eyes. And there were two boys who held us back, keeping us from helping him. My stomach shrank and in my dream I lost the baby." I heard Bella gasp from the telephone reciever.
"Vex, that's terrible. The two men that held us back, what did you say they looked like again?"
"The one holding you back had wild copper hair and golden eyes, and the one holding me back was built like a grizzly bear and had short, dark brown hair and golden eyes. They both had white skin, and not like, regular white skin... skin as white as snow. Paler than you are..."
"Vex... they both go to my school..." Bella chocked out. My eyes went wide and I dropped the cordless phone. I seemed to choke on my own saliva, and I heard the line go dead.
I started panicking now, I had to get to Bella. I had to go there and see for my own eyes that those monsters were there... but at the same time I didn't want it to be true... if that was true then everything was like a ticking time bomb. I would lose my precious unborn child, I would lose my fiance, and then who knows what would happen to Bella and I. I didn't want to know what would become of our lives after that... after seeing two untimely deaths, I could only assume that something horrid would befall us aswell.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I'm going to start dedicating chapters to readers who comment, and it will always be the first reader to comment on a chapter.
This chapter is dedicated to: Lifes_Life