Status: laptop is down guys. So sorry, will update as soon as I can. :(

Ghost.

One

I lay on my back, facing up to the stars. I was once again on the edge of the cliff, listening to the steady slap of the waves. This time however, I wasn't alone.
'Frank? Do you remember the first time we met?' Gerard whispered.
'Of course' I said, not taking my eyes off one particular star. 'It was the best and worst day of my life'
Gerard chuckled and I could feel the breeze shift slightly where he was lying untill I knew he wasn't there anymore. I sighed. He always disintergrated right before my eyes. Any average person would think I was crazy, that I was in love with a person who no one could see, who no one could touch and also was dead. Thats right, Gerard is a ghost. But wierdly enough he's the one that gave me reason to live.

'Who are you?' I spoke into the air, my voice floating into the darkness. I couldn't see the source of the voice, but I could hear its steady breathing. It was comforting.
'I could ask you the same question' It spoke steadily, almost seductively.
'What?' I was getting annoyed, parly as it was ruining my plans for my last minutes on earth and partly because it was slighly creeping me out.
'What's your name?' It spoke through the silence. I squinted, thinking I could just possibly make out the outline of a figure.
'Erm.. Frank' I said, doubtfully.
'Are you sure about that' It said, I could hear the smirk in its voice.
'Yes' I snapped 'I know my own name' I sighed 'What do you want anyway..who are you for a start?' There was silence, and I was beginning to think I'd scared it off untill there was a flicker of light as something moved before me. I could make out the sillhouette fully now, the edges higlighed my moonlight. I ghasped as a little more of the creature was revealed by the moon. First feet, hands, torso, then the face. My jaw seemed to fall to my feet. It was a man, well a boy, not much more than 18. He was beautiful, his jet black hair seemed wet and matted to his head. His eyes looked almost black, holding little emotion, but beautiful at the same time. His skin was so pale, it seemed almost blue and perhaps a little translucent. He stepped gingerly towards me, a lazy smile playing on his lips. He stood infront of me, his head slighly on one side and the smile still on his face. I closed my mouth, realising I must have resembled a fish. He chuckled, holding out his pale hand.
'I'm Gerard' He spoke, in the same amused voice as before. I reached out my hand to shake his but it wasn't there. I looked down, I could see his hand, but it was almost like mine had gone straight through it. I jumped back.
'What the hell are you?' I cried, my heart beating a little to fast in my chest. He chuckled again.
'I'm one of the undead' He said casually, like it was one of the most normal things in the world.
'What' I cried, my voice far to high for any normal man.
'A ghost, demon, ghoul, monster, I get them all' Gerard counted the list on his see through fingers. I stepped back a little further. 'You will be soon' He added 'If you step back any further' I glanced behind me, immediately jumping forwards realising how close to the edge I was. Gerard shook his head, sitting down on the grass, pulling up a few blades and tearing the up.
'So..'He said 'What brings you to the edge of no return?' I stayed rooted to the spot and didn't say a word. 'I mean, it must be bad if you want to hurtle over the edge of..'
'Just. Don't' I said, cutting him off. I didn't want to have to think about it.
'Sorry its just..' He sighed 'It's just I did the same, but, no one stopped me' He looked at his hands. 'I hate that I can see the floor through my feet' He added 'I just thought I'd give you the choice'
'wow' I breathed, stepping forwads slowly. At that moment i realised if he hadn't saved me, then I would have made the biggest mistake ever. I sat beside him.
'You saved my life'
'You sound suprised?' He flicked some more pieces of grass to the floor.
'Well, it's just you don't know me and, I can't think of anyone who does know me that would have bothered'
He looked at me. 'Why not, with a face like that who wouldn't'
I laughed. 'I've seen better' I paused, suddenly feeling slightly better. 'Hey' I whispered after a while 'How'd you fancy coming back to my place?, I mean it must get boring up here?'
Gerard grinned 'Well, ok. I'll be gone in the morning though'
'Well we'll just have to make the most of the night'


'You thought I'd gone didn't you?'
I jumped as Gerard spoke into my ear next to me.
'Jesus Gerard, way to give a man a heart attack'
He laughed, settling down beside me again. Neither of us spoke, we jus stared up at the stars. After a few minutes I felt the air around my hand grow cold. I looked down, Gerards hand was resting gently in mine. I sighed, wishing more than anything I could actually feel him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Flash back is in italics :)

So yeah I'm liking this :) let me know what you think
title credit -taking back sunday