Status: laptop is down guys. So sorry, will update as soon as I can. :(

Ghost.

Three

'So how is it I can only see you in the dark?' I was asking too many quesitons. I felt bad, munching away on chipsicks, watching Gerards face grow more annoyed by the second.
'I'm translucent Frank. The sun goes straight through me'
'Woah so your'e like a vampire, without the fangs, and..and..and seethrough'
Gerard chuckled 'You've not changed since we were kids, you know that?'
I slouched a little, bringing my knees up to my chin. 'You have' I replied 'Quite a lot actually' Gerard seemed to fade a little, shrinking back into the chair.
'I'm sorry, I'm asking way to many questions' I said a little desperate 'I just..' I closed my mouth, not knowing what 'I just' was leading to. Gerard stared at me a while, the edges of his body seemed to quiver a little, I liked to think it was from the breeze.
'What's it feel like?' I said in a tiny voice through the silence.
'What does what feel like?' Gerard looked at me, his black eyes boring into my head.
'um' I was lost for words, the more I looked at him the more he scared me.
'This?' He put his hand through his own stomach. I swallowed and nodded, not wanting to put one foot out of line. He sighed.
'I feel empty' He began, and smiled 'Well I am empty, but I can't even begin to describe how odd it feels. You know when there's a hole in your shirt, and you can constantly feel the air blow through it? That's how it feels all the time. I'm just mist.' He sighed 'I just hope this never happens to you'
'What do you mean, I can't chose if I become a ghost or not' I said. He shook his head.
'Yes you can'
I must've looked at him gone out because he grinned, the toothy grin i hadn't seen in over 2 years.
'You can choose' He smiled again 'You ever heard of unfinished business?'
'Well yeah I ..'
'Well, aparently I have some. Thats why I'm stuck in limbo, I can't get out, but I can't really get in either' He sighed again, slumping back onto the couch. 'This is about the time that, if I were human, I'd ask for an ice cold beer'
I laughed, noting that he hadn't really changed one bit since we last spent time together.
'So' I said warily, still not wanting to cross the fine line Gerard seemed to have around him. 'What do you think this unfinished business is?'
Gerard scrunched up his face. 'I really don't know' he thought for a second before adding 'But I do know it brought me to you'. My eyebrows shot up my forehead, but I didn't say a word. I really didn't know what to say. I knew Gerard had never said goodbye, or explained why he did what he did, but I knew for some reason that those were not what he came to do. Nor would I have been satisfied if they were.
'This is so wierd' I said, breaking the silence.
'Your'e telling me'
'It's annoying me I can see my reflection in the mirror through your head' I giggled. Gerard made to throw something in my direction but changed his mind.
'Frank?' He said, as if suddenly remembering something.
'Yes?' It was more of question than a simple reply to him, I was suddenly aware that I was about to be asked or told something rediculously serious.
'Have you ever had a boyfriend?'
My mouth fell open. He smiled again, making his eyes crease at the corners. I wanted to kiss him. 'How did you? I mean is it that obvious that I'm..'
'I'm your best friend, well, was. Of course I know. I would have been, If I'd had the chance'
I squeaked.
'You can close your mouth too if you like' He added 'I can see your dinner'

My time with Gerard couldn't have been more amazing. It was just like he'd never left. I still stole glances when I thought he wasn't looking, I still thought his eyes were the most beautiful thing in the world, I still looked up to him like no one else and I was still one hundred percent sure I loved him. I just hated the fact that he wasn't quite there anymore. Not just in body but in mind too. Once he'd left that night I cried myself to sleep. It was as if Gerard had drained out of me everything I had left, and I didn't know what else to do. I'd tried to get my head round what had happened to him, and why he left me, But it was like getting blood out a stone, or even a ghost.
♠ ♠ ♠
urgh it sucks. Ive been away for ages and lost my flow. So I'm sorry but I promise I'll be back on track as soon as I can.
I just have so much work, and this play I'm in, and relationship troubles. Dear god.
anyway enjoy. Comments, the usual much appriciated
HELP ME GET BACK ON MY FEET!
xx