‹ Prequel: Legion Of Rockstars

The Federation

Long Time, No See, House

The only thing that could wipe the grin off of my face as I stepped off the plane into the airport terminal would be if someone walked up to me and trapped me in a white, padded room with Jimmy. After claiming my luggage—I sure had a lot of luggage, since I took practically my entire closet to my room at the Legion—I hurried out into the main terminal, dragging my two rolling suitcases behind me with a duffel bag tucked under each arm. I smiled wider upon seeing my father standing there among the other people awaiting family members and friends from the plane. He smiled back and ran practically across the terminal to engulf me in a hug.

“Liv said she would’ve loved to have been here to see you,” Dad explained a little apologetically as he extracted a suitcase and duffel bag from me. “But she had an important movie shoot today that she couldn’t miss. She’ll be around to see you sometime before the tour, however.”

“And Tara?” I enquired as we stepped out to his vehicle.

“Her, too,” Dad added hastily. “She had a fashion show today.”

“Sounds like everyone is busy,” I commented. Dad nodded.

“We’ve missed you, though, Asher,” Dad assured me. “I’m glad to have my little girl home for a couple of weeks before she’s snatched away again.”

“It’s all part of the job,” I said as we loaded my luggage into the back of Dad’s car. It just barely fit, and I thought I heard something crunch when we slammed the trunk door shut. “Surely you know that better than anyone.”

“Yes,” Dad agreed sadly as we slid into the car. He prodded the engine into life and pulled out of the airport, heading towards my home. “And this Legion is taking up any other free time you may have.”

“Being an agent is hardly a chore, Daddy,” I replied. “I’ve met so many friends there and such a great time is had by all. Not to mention how mysterious I feel when I flash my badge and say I’m an agent of something or other.”

“I’m sure it’s improved since I was a member,” Dad said. “Joan is a very able director; she and Ozzy make a great team together. It’s expanded a lot more since I was an agent, too.”

“I’m still happy for a vacation,” I admitted. “At the Legion, I’m not constantly on missions, but what little free time I do have is usually occupied with advancing my training or going to do something crazy with Amy, like bungee jumping or something.”

“Sounds like you have a good time, though,” Dad said as we pulled into my driveway.

“I do,” I answered.

“Come over for dinner, will you?” Dad asked as I leaned over to peck him on the cheek. I nodded before saying farewell and climbing out of the car. I grabbed my stuff in the back before walking up to the front door, unlocking it, and slipping inside my house.

Upon entry, I dropped all my stuff and spent several minutes running from room to room, hugging everything that could either come up off the table or floor or was large enough for me to put my arms around. I plugged in all my appliances, fixed the time on my microwave, checked my stove for raccoons, and deflated slightly at the sight of my empty refrigerator. I hadn’t been to my actual house in several months. Free days are hard to come by at the Legion, and any free days I do have will be spent relaxing with my friends and enjoying the day off.

Finally, I ended up in my bedroom. I fell onto my back on the bed, my arms and legs splayed, smiling up at the ceiling. It would be so nice to sleep in my own bed in my own house and wake up by my own self. As I lay there, my cell phone vibrated in my pocket. I slipped it out and flipped it open to read the text message: See you in two weeks, babe. xx Amy. I smiled and closed the phone, slipping it back into my pocket.

I felt excited to be going on tour. It really was a fabulous experience, something that I can’t describe no matter how hard I try. Sure, it’s extremely tiring and can occasionally become quite tedious, but most of the time there’s something new every night, every concert, and nothing is ever the same twice. The only thing I dreaded was having to hang around Jimmy all the time. It would be more difficult to avoid him than it was at the Legion. When Jimmy and I first broke up, I wanted to stay friends with him. But every time I tried to start a conversation, he would barely respond. Eventually, I just gave up, and haven’t really spoken to him since.

I sighed and closed my eyes. I wouldn’t worry about Jimmy. He would not burst my bubble.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so writer-blocked right now. -_-