Status: finished

Why Would You Do This Robin?

chapter 2

They pulled up to the 4-story, 27 room, Victorian mansion and were greeted by the Orange county police department.

"The owners will be in Europe for 10 days. Their 15-year-old daughter is here alone," said one of the police officers in front of the house.

"The murders happened here so it's pretty obvious who did it," said Ferra, one of the agents on the team.

"Where is she?" asked David, another agent.

"She's being questions. She says she didn't do it, but she was they only person here at the time it happened," said the Orange County officer.

David started walking towards the house and goes through the front door. The team follows him inside. They take their time walking through the house, not touching anything, profiling the rooms, taking pictures of the crime scene.

"Wow, what do you think caused her to do this?" asked Orville.

"I don't know, but whatever is was it must have been pretty bad," said Collin, another agent.

Orville was thinking, and he said, "Maybe it has to do with the fact that her parents are gone. What if she didn't want them to leave?"

"Missed them enough to kill? I doubt it," said Collin. He turned to the officer that was in the room with them and said, "Do her parents know what's going on?"

The officer replied, "Yeah, we just got off the phone with them, they said that they can't come home early."

"Great, there is a 15-year-old girl alone in a big house that is a suspect in five murder cases. Wonderful!" said David sarcastically.

Orville snapped out of his thoughts and said, "Maybe she's angry about something, not that her parents left, but something that happened when she was younger."

"Maybe so, but what would be so horrible that it would cause her to kill five people?" asked Ferra.

"I don't know. I'm going to go talk to her, to see if I can find out why she did this," answered David.

"Well, maybe someone should stay with her at night?" Orville suggested.

Collin nodded his head a little, "OK, which one of us is going to volunteer to stay with a suspect in a murder case all night?" he asked.

"I would do it," Orville offered. "Maybe I could figure out what made her do this."

"When you find out let us know," Collin said.

"Wait! You're actually going to let him stay here all night?" Ferra asked, half yelling at Collin.

"Yeah, I am," replied Collin.

"Why?" she asked, almost yelling again.

"He's going because he offered," he gets interrupted by Orville.

"And because I came up with the idea so I could do just this," he said with his voice nearly a whisper as he finished. Everyone was silent.