Status: Hiatus, until my other projects are finished!

For My Lucy

III

All Tom Sykes could think about was that one little spoken name when Tom and she split ways for classes. Lucytania. That one name has been repeated in Tom’s head so many times, it’s been chiseled in there for life. There was no way now that he’ll ever forget Lucytania. The girl he should’ve known since he was twelve, but didn’t because he was too foolish and unobservant to realize she has been there all this time. Tom thought back to his classes from previous years and realized she was always there. She was in at least one of his classes since they were twelve years old, and they were now seventeen. Tom was tempted to physically to hit himself in the face.

Then, he thought about her rather petrified look. She looked so terrified of Tom. So terrified that he was tempted to never try speaking to her again, but he knew he couldn’t do that. He knew that once he had in mind what he wanted, he was going to work his ass off for it. He rubbed his temples as he walked to his first class of the day. He took his seat in the back of the class and was automatically annoyed by the loud talkative girl that sat in front of him. He stared at the back of her head with a blank stare. It looked almost like he was annoyed to death. The girl peered out of the corner of her eye and saw Tom annoyed. She immediately got quiet and turned around. Tom knew what kind of influence he had on the student population and used it to his advantage. It was rare for him to get someone to not listen to him.

---------------------------------------

Lucytania didn’t know what to think; but that she probably messed up the only chance she had at impressing Tom Sykes. She’s been mentally slapping herself since she walked away from him. She tried to convince herself that she didn’t do anything wrong because she was nervous, but that didn’t help. She still felt like she screwed up. She sighed and walked into her third class of the day. She took her seat and actually listened to the teacher today, instead of go off into her daydream world. She pulled out yesterday’s note sheet from that class and looked at the artwork decorated all over it. His name was there. She had been admiring him from a far for the longest time, but she didn’t know what attracted her to him. Every time she got a glimpse of those icy blue eyes, she stayed frozen solid ‘til he looked away.

Today's lesson was with algebraic word problems, something Lucytania already knew like the back of her hand. She didn't have to worry about paying attention a whole lot again. She didn't take this course because she wanted to, but because she failed her Algebra class last year and was missing the credit for it. Lucytania wasn't a straight-A student. She had her B's and C's, and had even failed a course once or twice. She struggled in school, socially and academically. She had spoken to the school consolers many times, but nothing had helped her. She was bound to struggle.

---------------------------------------

Tom heard the bell rang and then jumped up from his seat. He knew that he was going to see Lucytania for the second time today and immediately grew excited. He was finally getting his second chance to impress her, and hopefully, get her to agree to hang out with him just once. He picked himself and his books up from his seat and then almost ran out the door. He was too excited to realize that his last girlfriend was standing right in front of him, extremely cheesed off at him. "Hello, Tom." She said to him, making him stop dead in his tracks. He didn't give her a second of his time. He knew she wasn't worth it, and she knew that he would never give her a second shot and that he already had someone else in mind to replace her. The girl was aggravated at this, but soon let it go since she already knew there were other girls just like her. Girls who dated and were played by Tom Sykes.

Lucytania reached the classroom right about as Tom had. She, at first, was startled Tom looked at her with a massive grin on his face and then allowed her to walk in the room first. He was being too kind to her. It was almost driving her up a wall. "'Ey Lucy," he said to her as they both took their seats next to each other. She sat her things down on the desk, turned to Tom, and gave him a shy smile. Lucytania wasn't the one to open up right away. She was reserved to an extreme. Sometimes, she hated it. Sometimes, she didn't.

She parted her lips and whispered to him, "'Ello Tom." Tom's eyes grew big as he realized that he finally had got her to reply to him using his name. It was like hearing the Hallelujah chorus whenever he heard her say his name.

"'Ow are yeh today?" He asked her, with kindness in his voice.

Lucytania formed her sentence in her head before she answered. She didn’t want to say the wrong thing to him. She wanted him to continue to talk to her. “’M okay. Thank yeh for teh ride this mornin’. ‘Ow about yeh?”

“’M good. Yer welcome for teh ride. Yer welcome to another tomorrow, if yeh’d like.” Tom prayed to God she would allow him to give her a ride to school. He looked at her with almost begging eyes. She smiled and gave a quick nod as she prepared herself to work on the project due tomorrow the class they were in.

Lucytania was almost in mental hysterics. She was just asked by Tom Sykes to allow him to give her a ride tomorrow. She, somehow beyond her, kept her cool and continued to just freak out on the inside. Her pencil kept drawing different shapes on the paper like she wanted. Looking out of the corner of her eye, she saw Tom hard at work and was tempted to say “awe” because of how adorable he looked while he concentrated. His eyebrows were contracted. He looked frustrated but wasn’t. He blew a piece of hair out of his face so he didn’t have to both with pulling his arms up to his head.

“’Ey, Tom. Why’d yeh break up with Addeh?” The girl, who sits behind Tom, asked as she poked her pencil at his kidneys. Tom flinched for a second and paused. Everyone was wondering why he had broken up with Addie. It was around school by the morning as girls lined up to either ask him out or try to woo him into dating them. None of these ideas had worked because Tom had his mind set on one girl.

Tom just shrugged his shoulder and made a face. He couldn’t have cared less about the Addie girl. He wasn’t even sure if that was her name. Hell, he didn’t even know the girl’s name was Addie. He dated her for maybe a week or two, and then got rid of her. He didn’t care if he learned any girl’s name that he dated… Oh, but he cared about Lucytania. He knew this for a fact. He knew that she wasn’t going to take the bait of just getting asked out on the first time they have ever talked. She was smarter than that. He was going to have to secretly weave his way through her life, and somehow plant himself into her life where she wanted him as a significant other.

Lucytania continued to eavesdrop on the conversation. She squirmed at the name Addie. She knew that Addie was Tom’s last toy. Lucytania could honestly feel bad for the girl. Almost every girl, who has ever dated Tom Sykes, has been left abruptly and devastated. Some girls got over him. Some girls have not. As for the girls who have never dated Tom Sykes, they either wanted to be with him, no matter how many hearts he has broken, or absolutely despised him.

“Tom, yeh ‘ave to ‘ave a betteh excuse than tha’. She’s like a lost soul now.” The girl continued to pressure Tom into telling her why he really broke up with Addie. Tom felt very little remorse over Addie. The girl should have known what she was getting into when she agreed to court Tom Sykes. She should have known that he could break up with her at any time for a different girl or for literally no reason at all.

Tom shrugged his shoulders and continued back to his work. The girl fumed with frustration. Tom peered over toward Lucytania’s direction, using his peripheral vision. She looked like she was off into a dream world instead of paying attention to her project. Tom blushed a bit, thinking that possibly it could have been him she was thinking of whilst she daydreamed. Lucytania instantly shook her head and came back to reality.

He had to do something. He couldn’t just sit there without trying anything. He searched for a little slice of paper and scribbled down a sentence. Tom flicked the piece of paper over at Lucytania. It landed perfectly right in front of her. She stalled for a moment, staring the piece of paper before she picked it up and unfolded it. She scribbled something down in return, refolded it, and placed it daintily on Tom’s desk.

Tom realized what had just happened. She had just replied to a note he had written to her. And then it struck him. Why was he acting so weird over one girl? He had never acted like a little boy over getting a girl to fall for him, so why would he start now? He slid the note off the desk and shoved it into his pants pocket. He looked over to Lucytania and gave her a smile and a wink and went back to his work.

Lucytania wasn’t really sure on what was happening at that point. She had just replied to a note from Tom Sykes asking for her phone number. She smirked slightly at remembering her answer. Not in your lifetime.

The bell rang, and class was over. Lucytania rushed out of the room to hurry herself home. She had much to do that day. Tom, on the other hand, took his time. He wanted to say farewell to dear Lucytania, but she was in such a rush, he hadn’t had the time. He reached in his pocket and read her answer to the question. He groaned aloud to it. She wasn’t going to be as easy as Tom thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter three is here! I hope you enjoy it.
I love every single one of you, who comment. Your comments mean a lot to me!
If you read this, please comment at least once. Even if it's just once, so I can at least send you a comment thanking you. :D