Status: Hiatus, until my other projects are finished!

For My Lucy

IV

Weeks have passed, and Tom has gotten no where. He has given her a ride to school; he’s been talking to her, and still, nothing. Tom was getting frustrated on how hard it was to get her to talk to him. She has only whispered a few words to him. Her main gestures were slight nods and smiles toward him. Tom was currently lying on his bed at his homestead. He was deep in thought about what to do next. Halloween was just about to around the corner, and Tom finally wanted to take Lucytania to his house, bring her home and let her meet his family. Tom moved from a laying position to a sitting up position. He wore only a pair of jeans and a pair of boxers. He rubbed his temples before Oliver walked in. “’Ey. Why are yeh still in yer day clothes, yeh prat? It’s three in teh morning.” He asked Tom.

Oliver knew Tom was starting to become obsessed with this girl he has barely talked to. He worried about Tom and his almost-obsession with her. He’s talked multiple times about her to Oliver, and to be honest, Oliver was almost sick of it. He was tempted to nearly scream at his brother for not doing anything about it, but alas, Oliver knew that Tom was trying his hardest to get this girl to like him, but nothing was working for him. Oliver was almost certain that he was going to have to help him. “I don’t know, Olleh. I just ‘aven’t changed yet.” Oliver stuck out his hand with a piece of paper in it.

“Well, I did some research for yeh. Here’s ‘er numbeh. Call ‘er right now.” Tom looked suspiciously at his brother. Did Oliver actually want to help Tom in conquest of this girl or was he just trying to make his own brother look like a wanker? “Inviter ‘er to the Halloween party.” Oliver seemed genuine in wanting to actually help Tom. He took the piece of paper from Oliver and picked up his house phone and dialed in the number written down.

---------------------------------------

Lucytania was curled up in her sheets. Tom has been so persistent with her. She was pleased with this, almost to the point where she wanted to agree to let him take her out, but something subconsciously stopped her. She didn’t know why, but the word “yes” was unable to leave her head and be spoken to him. She didn’t want Tom to stop talking to her or ever leave her alone. She looked over at the clock and groaned. It was two-thirty in the morning. She had been lying in bed for the past three hours but hasn’t been able to fall asleep. She listened to the silence and stared into the darkness that had over taken her room.

The phone rang.

She didn’t feel like getting up, but Lucytania felt like she must since she was currently the only person residing in the house. Lucytania picked herself up and tip-toed out of her room. She placed a hand on the ringing phone and answered it quietly. “’Ello?” She said softly into the receiver.

“Lucy? It’s Tom. Before yeh start askin’ ‘ow I got yer numbeh and why ‘m callin’ at three in the morning, will yeh please let me take you out?” Tom pleaded with her. He never had to wait this long for one girl to make a decision on letting him take her out. She was secretly killing him on the inside. Lucytania was enjoying the chase that Tom was giving her. She didn’t want to stop him because she knew that Tom would want nothing to do with her in a week or so.

“Tom, I don’t know. My sister has been very sick lately, and me mum and dad need to be around to take care of the house and kitten. Halloween is coming up in a week and they need me to pass out candy,” She said to him. “Maybe sometime in the future, but not right now.” Tom was so disappointed that Lucytania could tell. Oliver saw Tom’s face and knew Lucy rejected.

“Well, do yeh think yeh could take off from yer busy life and go to a Halloween party with meh that meh brother is hostin’?” Tom said through the receiver.

“Possibly. I ‘ave to go, Tom. Call me tomorrow and maybe we can make plans to go for a walk and discuss this Halloween party. Farewell, Tom.” She hung up before Tom got the chance to say goodbye. She placed the phone down with trembling fingers and walked back to her room. She slid under the covers. She didn’t bother asking him how he got her number or why he was so keen on trying to make plans with Lucytania. She didn’t bother with any of the facts that could possibly come back to haunt her that she had ignored. As soon as she closed her eyes, she was off to dreamland.

---------------------------------------

Tom’s day off started out with hearing Oliver say that he was going on tour soon and wouldn’t be around for about a month and a half. This upset Tom to a bit. He loved having Oliver around. They were closer than normal brothers, more of like best friends who just so happened to have the same mother. “Olleh, yeh can’t go on tour now! Yeh won’t be ‘ome fer Christmas!” Tom said, nearly at the top of his lungs. He had to control himself. Tom didn’t want his mum, yelling up the stairs to him about being quiet.

“I know, Tom, but the band’s been offered this spot on tour. We both know that it could be our big break,” Oliver argued with him. Oliver Tom wanted him to stay, so Oliver could help him with his Lucytania issue and to keep him company, but he knew that if Oliver’s band got on this tour, they could possibly make it big. Oliver looked at him with pleading eyes. “Tom, I promise if we ever go to on tour when yer out of school, I’ll take yeh with us, and yeh can take some pichas for us.” That didn’t make Tom any happier than Oliver was leaving.

“Okay, Olleh. Just make sure yeh call meh every once in a while. So I, at least, know yeh ‘aven’t forgotten about meh,” Tom said, advancing for the cabinet with cereal bowls. He pulled out two bowls, reached down, and pulled out two spoons. Oliver already had the cereal out. Tom handed one of the bowls to him and sat the other one down in front of himself. They prepared and ate their breakfast in an awkward silence. Both boys felt uneasy and only felt they could eat a little bit.

---------------------------------------

Lucytania had nothing to do that day. She lay in her sheets and didn’t feel like getting up for the day. She had completely forgotten her conversation with Tom Sykes during the middle of the night. She decided that she should get up and start her chores for the day. She crawled out of the side of the bed, rubbed her eyes, and opened the window blinds. The sun was already up and was more awake than she was. She let out a sigh and continued her train of thought. She could’ve sworn she talked to Tom last night, but she guessed she was dreaming.

Before she was fully awake, she had her clothes on today. She really quick looked in the mirror. Her hair was in a messy bun on the top of her head. Her bright pink t-shirt was old and dirty along with her jumper. Today was a cleaning day, and she had a lot to do. She started for the downstairs and grabbed the pail out of the closet that held all the cleaning equipment. She filled it full of water and Clorox. She scrubbed the floor ‘til she thought it was spotless.

She picked herself up and looked disgustedly at the filthy water. She picked up the bucket, took it outside, and dumped it on the sidewalk. Just as she dumped the water, she saw Devon walking down the street. He looked rather upset for her liking and yelled over to him, “Devon!” He looked over to the source of the shout, gave a quick smile, waved, and then walked away. Something must have been bugging him that horribly that he wouldn’t even walk over to say hi.

She climbed back inside the house and shut the door. Tom, once more, had flooded her thoughts. Maybe that dream last night wasn’t a dream. Maybe it actually happened where she actually had talked to Tom Sykes on the phone, having Tom ask her to make plans with him. She slowly sank into a depression where she wished it had happened. She sighed aloud and let her eyes fill up with sadness.

Lucytania grabbed the dust rag and the furniture polish and had started to dust around the priceless antiques that her parents have collected over the years and have inherited from Lucytania’s now deceased grandparents. She touched a vase lightly and picked them up quick enough to clean up the dust that had collected underneath. She sat it back down the moment the phone began ringing. She ran over to the phone and said into the receiver with a light voice, “’Ello?”

“Lucy? It’s Tom. What’re yeh doin’ today?” Tom said through the phone’s speaker, “I called yeh last night, but yeh seemed a tad bit out of it. It might’ve been because it was at three in teh mornin’. Sorry ‘bout that by the way.” Lucytania was shocked. That dream wasn’t a dream. It truly did happen. She truly went to her house phone last night and talked to Tom Sykes about making plans for the day ahead of her. Right after she realized this, she was shaking.

“I ‘ave housework to do. I can’t do anything today,” said Lucytania through the receiver hoping that Tom was as understanding as he seemed lately. She looked at the desk that the house phone’s charging port resided on. She scraped her finger along the smooth wooden texture finish of the desk and flipped her hand over. Her index finger showed almost no sign of dust, and she decided that it would be best just to wipe the dust away anyways. During this momentary pause, she waited for Tom’s reply and hadn’t gotten any. She sighed loudly and said, “I ‘ave to go, Tom. Try tomorrow, please.” Right before she clicked the end button, she heard:

“Wait, wha’ if I came over and helped yeh with yer housework? Could we talk about meh brother’s ‘alloween party then while we cleaned?”
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW! It's been almost two weeks since my last update! I'm so sorry I took me nearly a lifetime to get this out! My social life has been blossoming and it's been keeping me from my alone time to write. I'm hoping to get the fifth chapter started about right now, and hopefully I won't have to make you guys wait so long!

I have to say thank you to my dear friend, Master Syko. She posted a link to this story in her author's note in her last update of Apology Accepted. I thank her dearly for she had gotten me a few more readers and comments!

My co-write is coming along nicely. I'm hoping to have it published here soon since we both came up with a name for it and have about four chapter pre-written and also a fifth chapter on the way for that! I'll keep you posted in my update section of my profile and on these author's notes when I update!

Speaking of readers and comments, I now have five stars on this story! Let's keep it up and get me those last five! Recommend this story when and if you would like to!

As always, I appreciate my readers and the comments you leave me! Keep them coming for me! Thank you so much for reading again. I'm hoping to have my fifth chapter of this out here soon!