Status: Hiatus, until my other projects are finished!

For My Lucy

V

Tom knocked on Lucytania’s door with the biggest grin on his face. His heart was pounding faster and faster. Every second felt like an hour for him. He was too excited for his own good to see this one girl. He already saw her through the windows beside her door. The only things he was thinking about were about how massive this house was and how beautiful she was. He immediately felt creepy, though, right after seeing her through the windows. He didn’t like making it seem he was being a stalker, even though deep down he knew he was. It was already established throughout the school that Tom Sykes now had a thing for Lucytania.

Lucytania heard the frantic pounds at her door and jumped up in an instant. She just wanted to run over there, open the door, and hug him. Hopefully he’d just take her in his arms and tell her the words she wanted to hear escape his lips. He pounded again frantically as she picked herself up slowly. She knew what she was doing when it came to luring Tom Sykes to her. She has been quiet for too long, and as she was quiet, she kept mental notes on how to attract him to her. As she made her excruciatingly slow approach to the door, she had begun to think about what would happen if she actually got him. Would she be something different to him or just another toy to play with until his desire for her has been quenched? She frantically started to over think everything. Maybe this whole thing was just a heart break in the process. Maybe he’s actually being genuine to her. She didn’t know. She took step by step slowly. The pounds at the door became more in quantity and closer together in tempo.

Tom was nearly dying as Lucytania finally opened the door. He was so frazzled that she was hiding from him that he almost pushed the door open, so he could get inside before she could decided to shut the door on him. She stood before him as he instantly wrapped his arms around her, enveloping her into a hug. “Thank, God!” He said into her hair. “I thought yeh were hiding from me or weren’t ‘ome!” Tom almost kissed her hair, but decided against it. He continued to latch himself on to her in her entryway into her house.

Lucytania just stood there in Tom’s arms, too shocked to move. Maybe he genuinely wanted to be there for her and wanted her in his life, but she couldn’t be entirely sure. This was Tom Sykes she was thinking about. He was the player of the school. He was known for cheating on his girlfriends. He was known for being a heartbreaker. He was known for dating half the school. But he wasn’t known for falling in love. Lucytania knew falling in love wasn’t Tom’s thing. His thing was more of a hit and run attack. Once he got what he wanted, he got away from them as fast as he could. This broke Lucytania’s heart thinking about it.

“Lucy, yeh ‘ave teh say somethin’ to meh!” He didn’t want to, but he pried away from his hug and looked at her with a concerned face. From the look on her face, he could tell it was too true to believe. She was in disbelief of Tom Sykes’s constant tries that he wanted her and just her. He didn’t know what he was doing wrong. Why was it so hard for this one girl to believe him? He bit his lip as she raised her finger to bite her nails in nervousness.

“Uhh… are yeh ready teh work? There’s lots the do today, and I’d like teh get it all done by this evening,” Lucytania said to him. This was all she could say. She felt uncomfortable already. He invaded her personal space, which she has been trying to maintain from him. She didn’t want to be too close to him. She shrugged her shoulders to remove Tom’s hands off of them. She invited in him, and he kindly accepted. He walked in and stared in amazement as she closed the door. “What’re yeh lookin’ a’, Tom?” She asked him, with a really high-pitched voice that was absolutely adorable to him.

“Ah. It’s jus’ yer house. It’s proper amazin’,” Tom said to her, still in amazement with both the house and how cute her voice sounded to him. He took off his shoes and sat them at the door. He assumed that Lucy already had cleaned the floors since they looked clean.

“Thank yeh, I guess. I neveh really thought meh house was that amazing, but everyone tells meh it is.” Tom was still utterly mesmerized. Lucytania was rich, and he didn’t know this. Not like this mattered to him. He enjoyed her company far too much to care how much money her parents had.

“Well, it is,” he said in reply. He followed Lucytania as she walked to the kitchen. “So, what’re we cleanin’ today?”

“The house,” she said quietly, but sarcastically. She perked a little smile from the smartass remark.

---------------------------------------

After hours of cleaning the house, they were both exhausted. Tom sat on the couch and could smell how horrible he smelled from cleaning and sweating all day. He just sat there and listened to whatever Lucytania turned the television on to.

Lucytania lay on the couch next to him and had draped her legs over his lap. She had her eyes closed because she was tired. She listened to the episode of Scrubs that was currently playing. She felt uneasy, yet comfortable at the same time with Tom near her. She felt like his eyes were on her, but she doubted that at the same time. She shut her eyes and imagined everything possible.

Tom didn’t feel uncomfortable with Lucytania laying on him at all. He wanted her to feel comfortable with him. He looked at her petite feet. They were about four or five sizes smaller than his. He wanted to stroke them gently, but refrained from doing so. He wasn’t going to risk scaring her away or making her uncomfortable around him.

“Lucy,” Tom said quietly playing with his fingers, nervously. He wanted to ask her if he could treat her to dinner for allowing him to come over and help her out. He was hoping that she would find it sweet and allow him to. She looked over at him from the television screen.

“Yes, Tom?” She asked in a light voice. She bit her lip a tad and then raised her left hand to her mouth and started to nibble on her finger nails, which wasn’t a healthy habit she wasn’t proud of. Tom looked down and then looked over at her again.

“Would yeh, please, let meh take yeh to dinner or somethin’?” He paused for a moment then continued, “For, yeh know, letting meh to come over and help you clean today.” He played nervously with his fingers and then began to fidget with his feet, as well. Lucy gave him an odd look. Why would Tom be asking her to take her to dinner for allowing him to come over and help clean? It just didn’t make any sense to her.

“I don’t know, Tom. I don’t really feel like doing anythin’ righ’ now. I’m tired from today’s work,” she tried to let him down nicely again. She didn’t like that he was so persistent with her when she knew she was just another toy to him, even though he had come over to help her clean, which most young teenage boys don’t do for anyone, not even a person they have the slightest feelings for.

Disappointed in his achievement, he just looked down and put out a rather sad look on his face. “Oh. It’s okay. Maybe some other day?” He asked her with question in his voice. Every time he has asked her, he’d just be let down as nicely as he could be, and it was starting to crush him. She was slowly, but surely starting to become everything to him. He was starting to, also, get tired of having to chase and chase and chase her. It has taken him weeks to have her even consider for him to come over to her house for a little bit even if it was to clean. Tom mentally slapped himself right in the forehead and cringed at the thought.

Lucytania didn’t even feel bad that she was letting Tom down. She was almost certain that she was just going to be another toy to him. She didn’t want to get her hopes up and then end up getting crushed at the end of it all. She was just trying to protect herself. “Yeh. Maybeh one day. Just not today. Sorreh, Tom,” she said quietly.

Tom bent his down head in disappointment. He swore he had her. He swore that he would’ve had his chance at taking her to dinner. No, his chance was taken from him as soon as he asked her. He needed to come up with a game plan. He sat there in silence, as did Lucytania. They both felt awkward, so Lucytania picked herself up and moved to the other sofa. She hid herself behind a pillow.

“I think ‘m gonna go. ‘Ll see yeh in school on Monday, I guess.” Tom couldn’t stand the embarrassment he got from her even if it was in the privacy of Lucytania’s home. Tom was starting to give up on her. He truly was, but he knew he couldn’t. Tom didn’t want to disappoint Oliver, even though he knew that the only real person that would be disappointed would be himself. He knew what he was getting in to when he started chasing her. He knew that she was a different girl, especially after asking her for her phone number for the first time. Tom picked himself up and slumped his way to the door.

Lucytania felt bad, having to watch him walk away disappointed. She knew he was disappointed, and the way he walked made it perfectly clear he was. She didn’t know why he was so persistent or why he had chosen her as a new target, but Lucytania was starting to feel guilty for not letting him in. She had just been so secretive of her life for so long. Not even Devon knew the extent of her thoughts, dreams, and goals in life, and he was her best friend. She bit her lip before she nearly shrieked, “Ask me tomorrow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY. It's here! It's taking me forever to update, I know. Don't unsubscribe please! Let me explain my predicament. I've been helping out my friend, who's has depression, so hanging out with him has been sucking up my time. Then I'll get really distracted with my schoolwork, so I don't fail grade 10, and I get lots of homework which really sucks.

I've been working on Valentine, and it makes me glad to say that we're finally going to be posting it soon. And I think it's one hellva story! :D

Okay, well, hopefully I won't take as long to update again! Once again. I'm sorry that it's takin' me forever to update, but I promise that I'll have another chapter out soon!

EDIT: For this story, I'm going on a two week hiatus (Suggested to my dear friend, Master Syko), so I can get some chapters pre-written because it kills me to see that I have to hold you guys off for so long! But I promise, next story I write, this won't happen! :D