Status: Hiatus, until my other projects are finished!

For My Lucy

VII

His response seemed strained. He was just happy a second ago. SJ looked at him oddly. So many thoughts were running through her mind about how she could have made him upset in any way. She didn’t want to lose him. “Yeh okay, Olleh? Yeh seem like off today.” She spoke to him caringly. She really did care a lot about Oliver.

Oliver looked away from her for a second and placed his eyes back on SJ. “’M okay. ‘M just worried about Tom. That’s all.” He rolled onto his back, covering his face with his hands. “’M just stressed out ‘bout leavin’ ‘im alone when ‘e needs meh most. Yeh know?” It was pointless of him to tell her. SJ’s brother was in a band, as well, but he was rarely ever home for her to talk to him, and he was older than her.

“Oh.” That was all SJ could reply to that with. She just continued to lie in the bed with him, hoping that Oliver would feel comforted by her presence with him. She rolled over and wrapped her arm around him. SJ placed her head on his chest and listened to his heart beat. “’M sure Tom’ll be fine. I mean, that ‘e’ll figure things out for himself with a little bit of yer help, of course!” She whispered. Oliver wrapped his arms around her tiny body frame.

“Thanks, love.” He kissed the crown of her head. Tom’s predicament reminded Oliver a little bit of him and SJ when they were in high school, but SJ wasn’t as shy as Tom made Lucytania seem. She accepted Oliver’s romantic advances toward her sooner than Lucytania had with Tom’s. Alas, Tom was getting impatient. Oliver didn’t know anything about Lucytania, who she was, or what she looked like, but he was starting to really get brassed off with her. “It’s just this girl Tom wants. ‘E’s tryin’ so hard to get ‘er to give ‘im a chance, but she won’t even bat an eyelash at ‘im. I can tell that ‘e’s genuinely tryin’ to make ‘er happy…” Oliver dragged off. He hated complaining to SJ, but all of the irritating thoughts that have swarmed his mind within the last two months need to be let out.

“’E’s genuinely tryin’?” SJ asked him. They boy lay completely still, and it seemed they breathed in sync. Oliver stared at his ceiling. Pictures of him and his mates flooded the surface area of his ceiling. They were may be around the ages of three and six. Nothing was tearing them apart.

Oliver sighed before saying, “Yeah. I just don’t know why she won’t give ‘im a chance. Yeh know?”

---------------------------------------

Oliver just laid on the couch as the rest of the band were chin wagging away, finding out what to do on their last day home for the next couple of months. He stayed silent and listened to everyone else’s ideas, and sometimes jutting in his own ideas, which the band has accept as ones that could happen.

“I still think we should just go out and party for the night. I mean it’s not like we’re never comin’ ‘ome, yeh know?” Oliver said to them, just staring up at the ceiling. He had a point, and they all knew that, but they weren’t sure if they should do that.

“Are yeh sure, Olleh? I mean it’s gonna be two months ‘til we get back. Wouldn’t it be nice to just go out and do somethin’ out of the normal?” Matt Nicholls said to him. The band peered over at Oliver, who was still lying on his back, looking up at the ceiling. He was trying to make shapes out of the ceiling paint.

“’M pretty sure, Matt.”

“All righ’, man, if yeh say so.” Oliver knew that when they came home, everything would be different. Not just in physical change, but in the change of people too. Maybe his brother and that Lucy girl would finally be together, so that he would be able to have the brother he knew before Lucy. He didn’t doubt that Tom would date her for possibly a week or two before dumping her and leaving her on the side. The band dispatched into something else, instead of talking about their plans for this evening.

Time passed by, and before they knew it, it was five in the evening. Tom and Oliver were sitting around the living room. “Tom, yeh gonna come out with us tonigh’?” Oliver asked his younger brother.

“Most likely.”

“Didn’t that Lucy bird ask yeh to ‘ang out with ‘er today?” Oliver asked him just to see if he’s forgotten about Lucytania asking Tom to hang out with her today. He looked over at Tom unsatisfied with his current quality in memory. Tom still wanted to hang out with her, but was torn. He knew it was maybe his one chance to hang out with Lucytania, but it could possibly be his last with Oliver, Matt, and the gang in case something happens while they’re on tour.

“…Yeah, but ‘M not sure if I want to ‘ang with yeh and the band or with ‘er. I want teh ‘ang out with both of yeh at the same time.” Tom said. His voice became scratchy and torn as he spoke, just like how torn he was at picking between Lucytania and his friends. He leaned toward one, but then another good point popped into his head and made him lean to the other one.

“Yeh can ‘ang with ‘er. It’s not like yeh’ll neveh see us again!” Oliver exclaimed to him. He looked over at Tom in the recliner. He looked completely relaxed, but on edge at the same time. The Drop Dead “Mummy” tank adorned his body, even though it was nearing winter and it was starting to get cold outside. He was staring at the TV, debating.

“I know, but what if I don’t eveh see yeh again!?” Tom asked. He picked himself up from off the recliner and made his way to the kitchen to grab a bite to eat. As he pondered on what to eat, his phone began to ring in his back pocket. Tom, annoyed as ever, pulled it from his back pocket, and took a look at the caller identification. Lucy.

Tom was pretty sure his heart did two back flips or completely stopped for two seconds because he nearly screamed at the top of his lungs in shock. “Olleh! She’s callin’ meh fer once!” Ecstatic as ever, he leaped for the chance to answer, but before he could press the answer button, Oliver jumped from the couch and dashed for Tom. He shoved as hard has he could on Tom’s chest, ripping his phone from the collective grip Tom had on it.

“Don’t answer it, yeh wanker! Let ‘er call two more times, and then answer it,” Oliver demanded. As soon as the call was missed, the phone began ringing again. It was Lucy once more. Tom looked peculiarly at his brother. Maybe there was something more to Oliver’s knowledge of girls that Tom didn’t know about.

“’Ow’d yeh know that was gonna ‘appen?” Tom asked. Obvious traces of curiosity stuck out in his voice. He tilted his head to the side and squinted his eyes in the direction of his older brother.

Oliver bit his lip, and his eyes grew an exceptionally larger size than they were. He never told Tom about how SJ and he ended up being together. “Just a lucky guess,” Oliver lied.

---------------------------------------

Lucytania just stared at the phone after she called for the third time. She could feel a tear glisten down her cheek. Tom ignored her. It felt like him ignoring her ruined the unlikely chance she had at having him as her own. More tears had glistened down her perfectly round face. She knew from right then and there that she should have given Tom the chance whenever he was offering.

She gripped her pink daisy flower print dress in her tiny hands, as the tear flow wouldn’t stop after two. She gracefully picked up her hand from her side to wipe the tears from her eyes. She sat there whilst her nose was red and her cheeks were stained. The only thing she was thinking about was how he could just drop her like he did although she wasn’t surprised at all. She had him for months. She had him wrapped on her finger tip, but then he just dropped her like she was nothing to him, which she most likely was. Lucytania just wanted, at that point, to curl up into a ball and die a miserable death of loneliness. She was digging her own grave, slowly but surely.

She felt the phone vibrate as she continued to sob quietly. She picked it up delicately and peeked at the caller identification. Sykes. Her eyes were as big as saucers when she read. It had to have been Tom again. At least, that’s what her heart, mind, and soul was hoping for. Maybe it was his older brother calling to apologize for Tom’s lack in answering her calls, but she doubted that Oliver would call her just to apologize for Tom’s horrible treatment.

She pressed the talk button and whispered a hello into the phone, not entirely loud, but loud enough for the phone to pick up. “Lucy? It’s Tom. Sorreh fer not answerin’ earlier. Must’ve not heard meh phone.” She smiled slightly at the thought of him just not hearing his phone. “Are yeh still up for ‘angin’ out with meh tonight?” She nodded really quick and then slapped herself mentally since she knew he couldn’t tell what her answer was.

“Yes, if yeh don’t mind at all.”

The biggest grin was plastered onto Tom’s face. He was grinning like an idiot when he heard those words grace his left ear. Oliver stared at him for a moment before realizing what she had said. She told him that she would hang out with him this evening. He rolled his eyes before he mouthed to Tom, “Well, ask ‘er teh come over!”

Tom continued to grin like an idiot. He was finally getting his chance with Lucytania like he has been wanting to for the past three months, ever since he first saw her in the hour they have English and asked her for a pencil. “Well, meh brother’s going off on a two month tour, and ‘M wonderin’ if yeh mind comin’ over to ‘ang out with us. Yanno, me, meh brother, and ‘is band.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Took me a life time, but I have two other chapters written. AND I'm writing chapter ten as we speak! So I do now have chapters pre-written, and I'm going to constantly work on this because I fell back in love with the idea. Can't wait to hear your feedback! BY THE WAY, if you haven't yet, GO READ ADRIENNE'S CO-WRITE, Disease.
Love, Carrie.