Status: Hiatus, until my other projects are finished!

For My Lucy

VIII

Tom quickly scooted himself to his car. The next ten minutes were going to be the longest of his life, even though it was just traveling from one side of town to the other. He couldn’t wait to see her. He wanted to see her beautiful face with olive skin. He just wanted to hold her in his arms again in another gigantic hug that he doesn’t let go for ten minutes straight. As Tom pressed the gas, he felt like he was going at a leisurely pace when he was almost over fifteen kilometres per hour over the speed limit. He noticed right before he noticed a police car sitting along side the road.

Slamming down on the brake and nearly getting into a wreck, he got the car to a reasonable speed and continued his way to Lucytania’s house. The sounds of the Arctic Monkeys played through Tom’s stereo. Lucytania’s house started into his vision, and Tom started to scoot from a relaxed position to being on edge. He didn’t want to mess this up which he realized he has seemed to gain a habit of when he’s around her.

Lucytania looked outside her window to see Tom pulling up to her house. Her delicate hands started to tremble from being too nervous. The nervousness of meeting Tom’s brother overtook her emotions, and everyone knew who Oliver Sykes was. So she didn’t fall over from shaking so badly, she sat on her living room couch, waiting for Tom to ring her door bell to take her to his house.

Tom put the gear shift into park and unbuckled himself from the car. His heartbeat was already out of control. It was like his heart was already in control of his actions and made him undeniably excited. He virtually raced his way to her front door from his car in less than fifteen seconds and rang the door bell around three times. He could feel himself grinning uncontrollably like an idiot, but he could’ve cared less at the time. Tom thought that Lucytania was taking too long to answer the door when it was just a ten second interval between the times he took to ring the door bell to the time she answered the door.

Lucytania smiled at him as she opened the door to see Tom’s smiling face. She was wearing a cute little dress that fitted her body completely right in Tom’s eyes. The dress gripped her bony frame in the perfect spots, trying to show off what little curves she did have. It was her signature dress design with a flower print on it, and today’s flowers were lilies and daisies. It had to have been Tom’s favorite dress that he has seen her wore. He instantly wrapped his arms around her lanky frame, and she accepted his embrace. They stood there for a moment. The mixture of clean linen and lavender radiated off of Lucy’s hair whenever Tom leaned his head into hers.

---------------------------------------

While Tom was away, Oliver stayed at the house as his friends started to arrive one at a time. Since SJ was already there at the house, Matt was the first to arrive. “But, Matt, I don’t want to go in!” Oliver heard his annoying girlfriend whine like a baby. Oliver cringed at her voice. He thought he told Matt to not bother bringing her or just staying home that day since most of the band didn’t like her. “Ow! Matt, you’re hurrying me!” Matt must have grabbed her by the wrist to pull her inside the door.

“We’re ‘ere, Olleh,” Matt said, dragging his girlfriend by the wrist inside. Oliver could haven’t have been more annoyed with Matt at the moment. He thought he made it as clear as day to not bring her, but as always, Matt defied Oliver’s rules. He rolled his eyes and motioned for them to sit down.

They took their seats on the couch across from the television. “Yeh. Thanks fer invitin’ us, Olleh,” Elle snapped sarcastically at Matt. Matt started to grip the arm of the couch as the anger bubbled within him caused by his girlfriend. How Elle and Matt were still together was completely beyond Oliver. They were always at each other’s throats with some sort of problem.

“Yeh. Yeh,” Oliver tried to ignore Elle as much as possible. He found her more annoying than a damn cat meowing at night time. His focus pointed more toward the television, although Matt and Elle’s bickering caught Oliver’s ear. The bickering hopped onto Oliver’s last nerve.

Slowly, but surely Lee, Vegan, and Curtis all created their paths into Oliver’s living room, so they could plan their last night in Sheffield for the next two months. “Where’s Tom, Olleh?” Curtis asked Oliver as the rest of the guys were too involved with brainstorming to notice Tom was the only one not there. Oliver looked over at Curtis, who was the only one laying out on the floor, wearing a shirt from Oliver’s clothing line.

“’E’s pickin’ up ‘si girlfriend,” Oliver said, which caused a sudden silence fall over the room. The silence was so quiet that you could almost hear a needle fall and hit the carpeting. Everyone was staring at Oliver with his choice of words. Tom has a girlfriend? That’s an odd choice of words. He usually hates calling them girlfriends calls them more of dates.

Lee shot Oliver a suspicious look, “Tom ‘as a girlfriend? That’s unusual.” He tilted his head sideways a bit and squinted his eyes a bit in question of Oliver’s poor choice of words. Vegan and Matt flicked their heads back and forth from Lee to Oliver as it took Oliver a moment to realize his mistake.

“Ah, not ‘is girlfriend. I meant ‘is friend who’s a girl, yeah,” he stuttered a bit. Oliver started to choke up on his words like a little girl who just admitted to a crush that she liked him. He bit his lip as the guys decided that it was a good enough excuse that Oliver had for the slip-up he made. “’E should be home ‘ere shortly. She only lives on the other side of the city,” he finished speaking and went back to his television viewing.

---------------------------------------

Tom grabbed Lucytania by the hand and pulled her teasingly from her door. “Wait, Tom. I ‘ave to lock the door!” She giggled at him. Tom smiled even wider and wrapped his arms around her waist as she walked back to the door, so she could lock it. He was so ecstatic that she was starting to become more comfortable with him. She started saying more than simple sentences and less head nods for answers. Hearing her voice was like music to his ears. He kissed her head lightly as she pushed her house key into the dead bolt and twisted it to lock. She giggled again lightly at his actions toward comforting her.

Tom let go of her waist and pulled her by the hand to his car, trying not to make her trip and fall. That was one of the last things he wanted to happen. She might not forgive him after something like that might happen. He opened the passenger car door for her and shut it as soon as she finished climbing into the car. Before they knew it, they shot off into the distance back to Tom and Oliver’s parents’ house. “Lucy, if yeh don’t mind me askin’, but why were yeh so timid for the first couple of months? It’s not like ‘M gonna just blow yeh off now that I’ve worked so hard to get yeh.” The moment the last word left Tom’s mouth, he instantly wanted to take that back. It sounded worse than what it intentionally meant.

She gave him a doubtful glance. “...What was that supposed to mean, Tom?” She didn’t just instantly want to hate him already. She decided subconsciously to give Tom one chance to redeem himself before she would finally decided that Tom wouldn’t even be worth getting to know anymore.

“That’s not what I meant!” He snapped at her without sounding nasty, “What I originally meant was that I wanted yeh in the first place like not as a fling, but as a girlfriend. I knew yeh already knew my running streak with girls and about ‘ow they would only last a couple of days. It’s why ‘M tryin’ ‘arder fer yeh. So yeh know ‘M fer real.” He had the straightest face a person could have had telling the true. He wasn’t lying one bit. Lucytania smiled at him in relief. Tom smiled back at her, knowing that he finally had her where he wanted her.

Tom’s car eventually pulled into the front of the Sykes’s homestead where other cars were parked, which he only could have assumed were Oliver’s bandmates’ cars. He halted the engine to a stop and then climbed out of the low-seating car. Tom opened the door for Lucytania and then intertwined her fingers with his own. “Ready teh meet meh family?” He whispered to her in her ear, as she nervously shook her head yes. He kissed her temple and then led her to the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated! :D I love you guys that read, buuut I'd love you more if you'd comment.
So comment, ya? I'm working hard for you guiseee. (: