Status: Hiatus, until my other projects are finished!

For My Lucy

IX

Oliver heard a car come to a complete stop outside his home. He already had assumed it was Tom. Everyone else didn’t even notice the engine that was still running outside. The engine of Tom’s little grey car chocked to a stop and cut off. Oliver was actually a little bit excited, but he sunk into his chair from disappointment. His little brother was growing up, and it was bugging Oli that Tom would no longer be the little boy he used to know that had flings and hook ups rather than real relationships. If Tom even had that, he would cheat as much as possible, but Oliver had a feeling that even if he wanted to, Tom couldn’t cheat on Lucytania. She was a delicate person. Even if tossed around lightly, she might break.

Tom twisted the door knob of his house and pushed the door open, while having his fingers still intertwined with Lucytania’s. Curtis and Oliver noticed immediately that Tom had arrived, and now they can all officially go out to wherever, Vegan, Matt, and their girlfriends were discussing. “Can’t we jus’ go out to eat or something? I don’t want to do something extravagant,” Elle complained to Matt. He rolled his eyes at his annoying girlfriend, and continued to share his ideas with the group.

Tom pulled Lucytania to the couch and forced her to sit down not that she was complaining a whole lot. He whispered to her that he would be back and went off to find his mum. Lucytania’s knees had already turned to jelly and were shaking like a ten point zero earthquake on the rector scale before Tom had her sit on the unoccupied space on the couch. Tom didn’t bother introducing Lucytania at the moment since he wanted his mum to meet her. He decided it would be better to just introduce her to everyone at one time. He saw her shaking once stepping out of the car until she sat down on the nearly broken sofa from so much usage. From the instant she wobbly sat her self on the sofa, she was absolutely out of place. At least, that’s how she felt at the moment.

Lucytania was the type of girl who kept to herself, had a few friends, and did all right in school. She wasn’t loquacious and rarely ever left her house to go out with friends.

She studied everyone, from appearance to behavior as she waited quietly for Tom to return to the living room after he has finished up with whatever he had left the room for. The guys didn’t say hi to either of them when they walked in, but Lucytania expected that they were too caught up in their conversation to realize Tom and she had arrived. She looked at every face in the room before she decided on the first face to study.

Lee sat across from her on the love seat next to the television set. He talked only when spoken to and stayed mainly quiet. His bluish-green eyes stared at the bland cream coloured walls. His nearly jet black hair stretched down to the crook of his neck, causing him to fix it a couple of times in a row. He sat next to a young girl, who could only be assumed to be his girlfriend.

She gawked at Lee with admiration. She leaned on his shoulder as he entered what he reckoned the group of friends should do. The length of her hair completely overtook her shoulders and flowed freely down her sides. Lucytania’s eyes trekked over to the next body in count, who was Oliver.

He sat quietly with his head cocked backward. He looked as if he had his mind stuck in other business instead of the current issue at hand. Oliver’s body stood more of a beautiful piece of artwork than a normal body like the rest of the world would have. As he sat in the recliner, he couldn’t relax at all. At least, he didn’t look relaxed to Lucytania. His eyes were clenched shut, and his eyebrows furrowed together. It now crossed her mind that maybe the reason she was so uncomfortable at the Sykes resident was having Oliver sit not even five feet away from her. The side table next to the chair divided her off from Oliver. She felt completely intimidated by him.

She left her eyes follow the next path to Curtis. He slapped the biggest smile on his face as she realized he had his eyes on her. The red of her slightly chubby cheeks rose, making her face hot. She whipped Curtis out of her sight as she tried calming down her heated cheeks. Curtis looked at her suspiciously when she just shot her face out of his view. Now two guys gave Lucytania their attention. She wasn’t entirely sure what to make of the situation, or maybe overanalyzing took her for granted. She overheard footsteps coming from the direction Tom shot off into. “Oh, c’mon, Mum! Don’t yeh wanna meet ‘er!?” Tom spoke enthusiastically to a woman he shoved on the path to the living room.

“Of course, I do, Thomas. Jus’ not now!” The woman stood at a height a little taller than Lucytania. Her black shoulder-length hair with blunt bangs flew around in the air as Tom pushed her to the living room. She looked as if she had just woken up and Tom forced her out of bed. Lucytania now figured out where Tom got his ice-blue eyes; his mum.

“Lucy, I want yeh teh meet meh mum, Carol. Meh dad, Ian, is out at work right now,” Tom said, motioning to his mum. Lucytania smiled at Tom and then at Carol, who was unbelievably peeved with Tom at the moment. Tom lifted his scrawny hand and pointed at his brother and then everyone else. “That’s Oliver, SJ, Matt, Elle, Lee, Jane, Vegan, Alessandra, an’ Curtis.” They all either waved at Lucy or said a polite greeting to her “Now that were all acquainted, let’s go!” He let go of his mum’s shoulders, who escaped back to her bedroom for some more sleep. “Sorreh, meh mum works odd hours, so she was sleepin’ when we got ‘ere,” Tom said when he stood in front of Lucytania. She hadn’t said anything to Tom out of sheer embarrassment from the last scene of her life.

Tom stuck his hand out for Lucytania to take as everyone else was already on their way to the cars. Once Lucytania was up and about, Tom once more intertwined his fingers with hers. They weren’t even dating; he knew this much. He hoped that Lucy might give him the time of day one day once she realized how serious Tom was being about his feelings for her and how hard he was trying to get her to realize this. He led her in the direction of the car. “Love, why are yeh being so quiet all of the sudden?” Tom sounded hurt that not even a half-hour ago, she was all perky and happy, and now she was more silent than a mouse. He opened the car door and let her step inside. Before he closed the door, he looked at her with hurt in his icy-blue eyes.

“I’m sorreh, Tom,” she whispered inaudibly. Hot tears welled up in her eyes. She ruined everything for herself; at least she was on the verge of doing so. “’M ruining this fer mehself, aren’t I?” All her words were nearly inaudible, except for her breathing. Tom wasn’t around when she said that. He didn’t even catch the end to it, but she didn’t want him to hear that because she had a feeling Tom would throw a fit for hearing her say that.

“Are yeh ready? I guess we’re heading to a pub for a little while and then to a movie of some sort. I dunno. I don’t really try teh get involved wif pickin’ this kid of stuff with them,” Tom said quietly. The engine of the little grey car roared to life as he shifted the gear into drive and followed the car line to their next location.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, yeh?