Secrets

-

Once upon a time, promises meant something. They meant that you could tell someone something and trust them not to go blabbing their mouths and letting the whole fucking town know your secret.
Yeah, once upon a time.

“I’m in love with you.”
Five simple words.
Five words, can’t be that hard to keep it to yourself, can it?

Apparently, for William it was, because William didn’t; William didn’t even come close. William told the whole fucking school in a matter of fifteen seconds. It was rushing out of everyone’s mouths like wildfire, something that couldn’t be controlled:
“Did you hear? Yeah, Sonny wants to fuck William! Can you believe it?”

Like it’s that hard to believe, anyway. Sonny had stared at William’s ass and package every time it was flaunted in front of his face and although Sonny was undeniably, uncontrollably, unbelievably pissed, he would continue to stare. Because Sonny was good at staring and William was fantastic to stare at.

“You told? Seriously, asshole?”
William’s already wide eyes widen and his head shakes violently.
“Why do you think that? W-Why would I tell anyway? Like that’s anyone’s business but mine and yours?”
William’s trying to play it smooth, Sonny thinks and it’s kind of already pissing him off.
“Maybe I think that because the entire fucking school knows?”
As Sonny’s speaking, he’s stepping closer with each word unknowingly, really, it’s not on purpose, he’s just pissed.

“I didn’t tell them, Sonny, I didn’t.”
William’s voice is lower now, quieter, softer, sweeter.
Sonny’s body is pressed against William’s, they’re pressed into the metal of a row of lockers and William won’t meet Sonny’s eyes, he’s obviously scared shitless.
Even though Sonny and William have been friends since the first fucking grade, William’s never seen Sonny mad, simply because Sonny doesn’t get mad. Usually.

“You’re lying, Billy,” is almost spat in William’s face and William can’t help the cringe that occurs.
“Why would I tell, Sonny? I told you… I told you that I…” he doesn’t mean to trail off; he just can’t force himself to say the words. He is an awkward boy, and Sonny makes him twelve times more so.
“Told me what?” Sonny’s voice is quieter now, he’s melting just a little bit, because he knows what his Billy is going to say, and he’s desperate to hear it.
“I told you that I love you, too,” William croaks out and his face is the color of the crimson lockers behind him.

“Aw, look! I guess they’re both fags!” some douchebag behind the two yells out and cackles his way down the hallway as Sonny spins around on his heel. He watches with eyes narrowed to slits before he turns back around to see William still there, cowering.
“It was you, it had to be you. We were alone when I told you and… and it had to be you! You promised, William!”

William slides down the lockers, in between Sonny’s arms and Sonny’s narrowed eyes watch him slide down, confusedly.
“I told Parker. She-she swore she wouldn’t-”

Sonny had to resist the urge to let his booted foot fly into William’s stomach.
Parker, Parker of all people. Loud mouth of all loud mouths.
“Yeah, well, you swore, too, asshole.”

William hates that he told, hates that the whole school knows, hates that Sonny is pissed, but he’s getting really sick of being called an asshole.
“Stop, Sonny. I made a mistake,” his voice is quiet but strong, firm like it wasn’t before.
“Stop what, William?!”
William stands up and puts a bony finger in Sonny’s chest; he’s really just had enough of this already.
“Stop calling me a fucking asshole! Jesus!”

Sonny stumbles back, just a little, the surprise evident on his face. His eyes then narrow back to their slits, he grabs William’s hand from his chest, and drags him down the empty and barren hallway.

“Sonny, fuck!” William is kind of dragging his feet, not because he doesn’t want to disappear off with Sonny, but because he doesn’t like being dragged around by a mad man. Actually, William would very much like to disappear off with Sonny. And maybe not return for a day or forty.

Finally, they’re outside and William hopes that maybe they can slow down now because he’s pretty sure the skin on his wrist is getting rubbed raw by Sonny‘s grip.
They don’t slow down though, not when they’re off the grounds, not when they’re on the grass, and not when they hit the pavement of the parking lot.
But eventually, as they reach the last row, with the one whole car in it, Sonny stops.
He turns around, grabs William by the shoulders, and pins him to the side of the rusty piece of shit Sonny calls his vehicle.

He leans close, way far into William’s bubble and any confidence William previously built up vanishes into thin air. He’s cowering again and getting kind of angry at himself for being such a pussy.

“I like it when you’re dominant, Billy.”

William is so busy bitching himself out that he almost doesn’t hear the seductive words whispered into his ear, or feel those lush lips brush his cheek as Sonny pulls away.
“W-what?” God. He’s stuttering again. Sonny’s hands inch up William’s flat and bony stomach and Sonny can’t help but inhale deeply, and then blink down hard, because this whole ordeal must be a dream.

“Dominant you. It’s not something I get to see often. Or ever,” Sonny is still whispering. William takes a deep breath of air and forces himself to look in Sonny’s eyes.
Their breaths are now intermixing between them; Sonny’s of cigarettes and Dr. Pepper, and William’s of spearmint LifeSavers.

William is now feeling dominant, he’s thinking maybe it’s the compliment from earlier, or maybe it’s the way Sonny’s eyes are traveling all over his face, as if memorizing every detail and probably every flaw, so he leans in and attaches their lips, smothering the breathing between them.

Sonny’s shocked at first, William can feel it in the way that Sonny’s lips are moving, but he keeps pressing forward and now he’s feeling brave enough to bring his hands into the equation. His hands are in Sonny’s hair and Sonny’s hands are resting on William’s hips, and now Sonny is pressing them into the rusted piece of shit, so that their hips are touching and being held against each other.

It’s William’s turn to be surprised when Sonny’s hips grind down softly into his, the sudden contact forces a moan of his mouth and he feels Sonny smirking into their kiss.
William’s feeling amazingly confident now and he lets his hands trail down Sonny’s back and then grasp Sonny’s firm ass tightly.
Sonny moans into William’s mouth and grinds his hips forward again.

The kissing continues, gradually getting rougher as Sonny’s hands find themselves trailing down William’s lanky body and then coming into contact with a belt buckle that proves to be no challenge at all.

Sonny’s hands are dipping in and out of William’s skin tight skinny jeans before William pulls away and whispers, “Best secret I ever told,” against Sonny’s lips with a mischievous glint in his warm brown eyes.