Me, You & The "Little" Blue Box

The Day My Life Changed Forever

I remember that morning so clearly, everything change from that day forward.
Mysterious things had been going on, not that I was one to believe them.
Aliens couldn't exist! Could they?
"Stop talking to your bleeding self"
That was my mum, Alison.
We had always stuck together, after my dad died she had no one else, there never would be anyone else.
"If your dad was here now"............
Sometimes I get fed up of hearing that, and that morning I shouted back.
"He's not here just get over it mum, he can't come back" !!!!
I stormed out of the door and I just walked as far away from home as I could, I could have booked a holiday. I could have gone a thousand miles, with sun and sea.
The shopping centre was closed that day, it was an abandoned place, and the memories that used to exist there had gone, no more screaming children. Just nothing.
"Closed down, love. Business was slow; apparently there was an alien infiltration. Seems newspapers are going downhill as well. Best be on your way, this place will be demolished in a few minutes".
After the man spoke I peered around for a second. Then I saw a man's head, I was sure of it.
"I think I may have left something here last week can I go and have a quick loom round please"?
"Alright, but make it quick this machine won't stop for anyone". The man sounded panicked but i decided to ignore that.
I mean I really wanted to make sure this man knew the place would be demolished soon.
Also this place held some great memories of life with my dad, the only thing along with photos that I still have. Looking around I was almost in daze, remembering the past like it was only yesterday.
Then I heard a noise, like a clink of metal.
I turned around cautiously to see the creature thing whatever it may have been.
It was you, my Doctor.
"I almost had him then and you walked in and now he's gone astray thank you very much"!
You smiled at me, so i didn't whether to take it as a joke or not.
"At least I am not letting you get crushed", I said with a smile.
"What!"
"They are going to demolish the building soon, I saw you from distance so I came in here to tell you."
"Why thank you...........
He looked at me so I said my name
"Lola, Lola Jones.
"Nice to meet you Lola Jones"
I gave him a look and he just said, "Doctor, The Doctor"
"The Doctor?" I burst into laughter.
"Yep and because of you the creature got away"
"Well I'm sorry Doctor, Doctor Who?
"Just The Doctor"
"They are Tricksters, harmless on their planet, dangerous on yours."
"You talk as if the whole world revolves around you, as if you are so important."
"Sort of, yeh. There are times when we think the world revolves around us and we seek salvation in things that only bring short-lived pleasures."
"Come on then Lola; are you ready for the trip of a lifetime?
"You bet"! I smile at him
He takes me to this little blue box, Trip of a lifetime in that?
Bring it on...............