Flip for Me

Watch Your Back

Frank’s POV

I offered to let Joey stay at my apartment until the State Meet, which was only five weeks away. I didn’t want him to go back to Tennessee just yet. He said he wants to move back to Jersey, but my spider senses are telling me he is just hinting at us getting back together. No, sir. I have my eyes on Gerard. However, I do like cuddling with Joey from time to time.

I know I shouldn’t lead him on like that, but I can’t help it. We’re best friends and he’s really cute. I’m so shallow. Someone needs to punish me. Gerard needs to punish me…

“Frank?!” Joey called from the bathroom.

I jumped at his voice, jerking myself out of my thoughts. I answered Joey.

“I forgot a towel.” He whined.

He’d been taking a shower after we went to workout. I sighed and rolled my eyes. It’s only been two days and we’re all ready acting like roommates. I grabbed a towel from the linen closet and knocked lightly on the bathroom door.

“It’s unlocked.” Joey giggled.

“Why?” I wondered.

“Just in case…”

“Just in case what?”

“I don’t know. Maybe the apartment building catches on fire!”

“So your going to run naked out of a bathroom that locks from the inside?!”

“…Do you want me to?”

“Just take the towel, Joey.”

“Fine, don’t let me have any fun, Frankie.”

“I’m sorry?”

Joey opened the door and stuck his arm out. He was still dripping wet. I handed him the towel and let my eyes wander through the crack in the door. The bathroom mirror was reflecting the top half of Joey’s back. He looks quite delicious without a shirt on, even from behind.

“Tell your pants it’s not polite to point, Frankie.” Joey laughed.

I gasped and looked down. False alarm.

“Made you look! Geez, Frank. If you want me you can just say so instead of staring.”

“I wasn’t staring.”

“Oh please, you’re lying through your teeth, boy.”

“How do you know?”

“Because you mumble when you’re lying.”

Dang it. I swear this kid knows me too well. I walked away from the bathroom and sat back down on the couch. A moment later Joey vaulted over the back of the couch and landed in front of me, making me scream and hide under one of the couch cushions. Whose idea was it to have two gymnasts living together?!

Joey laughed manically, joining me on the sofa. He suggested we put Sports Center on. One of the rundown tabs said Gerard Way.

“Ooh, perfect. Let’s see what this a-hole has to say.” Joey mused, settling into the pillows.

We waited impatiently through a long-winded report about some stupid football game. Finally, it got to Gerard. He was standing outside Belleville Men’s by is car. The car I was in not too long ago. He was sweating and slightly out of breath like he’d just finished a seriously vigorous workout.

“Gerard, you never really spoke to the media after Regionals the other day. Can we get a reaction? How do you feel about coming in second place to Frank Iero?” The far too chipper, blonde, news reporter asked.

“All I can say is that Frank better watch his back because I’m coming.” He answered nonchalantly.

It was obvious he was holding back a tantrum. I heard he had to start going to anger management a few weeks ago.

“You say that after every competition. When do you really mean it?”

“Right now. I mean it.” Gerard replied sternly, glaring at the camera. “I’ve worked too hard for too long. Iero, you better watch yourself because a storm is coming at State. I’m gonna get you and that little boy toy of yours too.”

With that the report changed to a soccer game. I was mortified. Joey had a look on his face caught between horror and… happiness?

“He thinks I’m your boyfriend.” He squeaked.

“He’s going to kill us, Joey!” I scolded him, grabbing him by the shoulders. “Did you just see the way he was looking at us through the camera?! I’ve never seen him give that look before. If he doesn’t get what he wants we might die!”

Joey simply pouted. I frowned and gave him a friendly squeeze.

“Sorry.” I muttered. “I didn’t mean to yell at you.”

“It’s ok.”

I swallowed and looked at Joey. I leaned forward and placed a tiny kiss on his cheek. Before he was even able to retaliate I stood up.

“I have to go shower.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for such a long delay! I had a little bit of drama concerning a boy and a story and haven't had a whole lot of time to write. Skating is sucking up much of my free time now that I compete on two teams.

But we're trying to keep the chapters coming!! Leave us some love!!

~AsHy