Flip for Me

One Missed Call

Frank’s POV

I walked into the apartment after a very heavy practice with Joey. State competition is tomorrow. I’d spent my Thursday working with mine and Pete’s team. Our kids who qualified are looking excellent. I think we’ll be a force to be reckoned with this weekend.

Anyway, I was about to make for the shower when Joey grabbed the back of my SBA hoodie and pulled me into him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder.

“You’re hot when you’re all sweaty.” He said in a smooth voice.

“So are you.” I replied, smirking.

“Really? You think so?”

“Yeah, definitely.”

I turned and put my hands on the back of Joey’s neck. He kissed me and pushed me back against the wall of our living room. Our living room? He tasted salty, but at the same moment, sweet. Needless to say we needed a shower and I know the next thing that comes out of Joey’s mouth (besides his tongue) will be a suggestion that he and I shower together. I’m not one hundred percent sure I’d be completely into that.

“Hot or not, we both stink.” Joey pointed it out, slowly getting a lusty gleam in his eyes.

“Yeah, that’s for sure.” I answered, trying to stall for time.

My phone rang. Holy crap, what amazing timing. I don’t know who it is, but I love them right now. Joey frowned and let me answer it. It was a local number I didn’t really recognize.

“Hello?” I answered. Silence. I furrowed my eyebrows and put my phone back in the pocket of my warm-ups. Joey was picking up his gym bag and heading for his room. He emerged in just his boxers with a towel slung over his shoulder.

“There is room in the shower for two.” He grinned slyly, nodding towards the bathroom.

I opened my mouth to speak, but my phone went off again! Joey rolled his eyes and turned on the bathroom light leaving the door open. It was the same number as before.

“Hello?” I said impatiently. Silence. Again.

I grumbled something incoherent and put my phone back in my pocket. I decided to bite the bullet and join Joey. I stood outside the bathroom and took off my hoodie. Joey reached out and pulled me into the bathroom, but his next move was interrupted yet again by my phone. Once again, the same number!

“Hello?!” I nearly shouted.

“Um, hi… Frank?” Came a hauntingly familiar voice.

“Yeah… who is this?”

I took a few steps out of the bathroom. Joey groaned and swore loudly, slamming the bathroom door.

“Um, it’s Gerard…”

“How did you get my number?”

“That’s not important. I just, uh… wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow. And… And Joey too I guess. Even though he’s a total prick…”

“Wow, uh, thanks, Gerard. Good luck to you too! But can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“Am I being punk’d right now?”

“No, why?”

“Because you wouldn’t be caught dead talking to me.”

“What, can you not just take my compliment without freaking out?! Damn, Frank I’m trying so hard to be a civilized human! Gosh!”

Gerard made an interesting noise I would classify as a roar and we fell silent. Why is he so jumpy? I mean, he usually is, but he sounds really nervous.

“Sorry, um, I’ll see you tomorrow.” I stammered uncomfortably.

“Bye.”

Click. What was his deal? And seriously, how’d he get my number?! Not that I mind of course, but I’d love to know who is giving out my personal contact information. Must be Pete. Hmph.

A couple minutes later Joey sauntered out of the bathroom looking royally pissed to say the least. I was about to jump in the shower, but he stopped me.

“Who the hell kept calling you?” He wanted to know.

“Gerard of all people.”

“What?! Are you serious?”

“Yeah, dead serious. He called to wish me luck tomorrow. And you.”

“Well…”

Joey rolled his eyes and went into his room to change. Why is he so jealous? Sure, I look at Gerard a lot online and on commercials and stuff, but there is nothing going on. Yet…
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long, guys!!! We're getting back into writing so hopefully many more updates to come!!

~Ashton